Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playstation 3 Network (PSN) Down

PSUHeckler

I saw this was in the Black Ops thread, but anyone else getting irritated with this? PSN has been "under maintenance" for several days now. Think it's going on day 5. Couple links below but evidently it was because of an outside source/hackers. Evidently there is STILL no timetable of when it will be up. At this point I imagine 360 users appreciate their online, having to pay for it or not.

As CoD is the only game I basically play or own it's pretty annoying. I know allot of Madden/NHL fans are prolly in the same boat.

http://www.betanews.com/article/With-PlayStation-Network-still-down-Sony-admits-it-was-hacked/1303586929

http://www.1up.com/news/playstation-network-still-downre-no-return-timeframe

(To help some people out, too, I've seen some posts on here and other sites they can't get into their Netflix. Not sure if it's just me but try this next time. Try to sign onto Netflix. When it prompts you for your username/password, enter anything and press "sign-in." It will say "under maintenance." It should load but will bring up the username/password again. Do the same thing, and press sign in. If it works like mine, it bypasses and allows you into Netflix.)

I saw on Gizmodo that Sony can't confirm or deny that credit card info has been stolen from people's PS3s....great

If credit card information was stolen, the consumer would already know about it. It's not likely card data was stolen because it's stored by a 3rd party.

Sony Makes it Official: PlayStation Network Hacked

http://www.pcworld.com/article/226128/sony_makes_it_official_playstation_network_hacked.html/

Xbox live was down for 13 -17 days a few years ago.

---------- Post added April-25th-2011 at 05:20 PM ----------

Sony Makes it Official: PlayStation Network Hacked

http://www.pcworld.com/article/226128/sony_makes_it_official_playstation_network_hacked.html/

Xbox live was down for 13 -17 days a few years ago.

Do the math again;)

Math never was my strong suit, lol. But still, my point stands. I'd rather go without it for a week than pay anything, period. But again, I don't use it enough to really miss it. And when I do, I don't really see anything I'm missing that id actually want to pay for.

I don't care much about the whole console wars outside of this ridiculous idea that the Wii is the best. I think the PS3 is better for those who don't play online as much, and the 360 for those who do.

PS3 is the best all around system

I have both. PS3 is great for blu-ray, but that's it. The controller is garbage, the exclusive games are below average, the games available to both systems run like trash on PS3 compared to 360, and the PS3 network is beyond garbage. Yeah, it's definitely the best all around system......

I have both. PS3 is great for blu-ray, but that's it. The controller is garbage, the exclusive games are below average, the games available to both systems run like trash on PS3 compared to 360, and the PS3 network is beyond garbage. Yeah, it's definitely the best all around system......

Well, that was highly subjective and ill-informed. The only part of what you said that doesn't boil down to simple opinion is the part about which games run better on which system and, contrary to what you seem to believe, that actually varies from game to game.

are we really going to get into another console pissing match? Besides, everyone knows Nintendo will always be king.

Yes. Since when does ES turn down an opportunity for people to pretend to be an authority on any given subject while simultaneously displaying a complete inability to even see the merits of opposing viewpoints? Besides, everyone knows Nintendo is just for little kids.

Archived