Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playstation 3 Network (PSN) Down

PSUHeckler

Hell yeah man.

Dude, we need all the drinking PS3 folks to get a party going one day. I've been in parties before where everybody takes a shot whenever a chopper goes up, friendly or not :ols:

I'm down with this. However, one slight problem, WE CAN'T PLAY ONLINE!!! :laugh:

Sounds like a good idea. Let me know when.

What's your PSN name? if I don't have you added already, I'll add you whenever the damn network is back up LOL

---------- Post added May-11th-2011 at 10:20 AM ----------

How long has it been now ? 2 weeks ?

3 weeks TODAY. :(

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20061035-260.html

Sony may have headed off planned weekend attack

by Erica Ogg

A group of hackers that planned an attack against Sony's servers this weekend was unable to execute its plan.

CNET has learned that our publication of the group's plan may have caused Sony to secure the remaining servers this group claims it had access to, shutting off any avenues for another attack.

Wrote one of the members in the Internet Relay Chat channel the group uses, "Apparently Sony saw that article because the last server that I could access is offline now...its probbaly (sic) being patched like the other servers. There goes our window."

On Thursday we reported that a group of hackers believed to be involved in the intrusion on PlayStation Network was planning yet another attack on Sony, this time on an unspecified company Web site, with the goal of posting any information they could find somewhere online. The hackers said at the time that they were planning another wave of cyberattacks against Sony in retaliation for its handling of the PlayStation Network breach. An observer of the Internet Relay Chat channel used by the hackers told CNET about the hackers' plans.

In what may be connected, Sony said Saturday that on Thursday it had removed the names of 2,500 entrants to a 2001 Sony contest with partial addresses that had been copied from an old part of the company's Web site and posted online.

No one has publicly taken credit for the attacks, but the hacker group Anonymous, who has been linked with the attack by Sony and others, has denied involvement in recent events.

In addition, the company said Saturday that the PlayStation network was still not ready to bring back online, following a massive security breach of three weeks prior. A company spokesman said the company was still trying to grasp the size of the subsequent Sony Online Entertainment gaming network breach, which is delaying the rebuild of PSN.

Sony has shut down PSN, Qriocity, and Sony Online while it does a total rebuild of the security systems. Overall, the personal information of more than 100 million Sony customers has been exposed in the breach. Sony has promised to compensate customers with free ID theft monitoring, as well as free content and 30 days of free access to the premium version of PSN.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20061035-260.html#ixzz1M48uITTC

Nice, I'll add you.

In case anybody is interested, a good place for "All things PS3" is PlaystationUniverse. Besides Sony's official blogs, that's where I get all my info on what's going on. There's usually at least 400 people on at all times, and the latest updates/rumors on the network outages are posted within minutes of being released...

http://www.psu.com/forums/

Bothadeeze :ols:

mine is Matt-Chew82

Whenever it gets back up, I'll add everybody. :)

I might be able to figure out how to do it once PSN gets back up but I honestly have no idea how to add people and make a team/clan or whatever. I've always played solo. I think it'd be fun to have a group to play with. I would think once you get to know how certain people play, it'd be a lot easier to dominate.

I might be able to figure out how to do it once PSN gets back up but I honestly have no idea how to add people and make a team/clan or whatever. I've always played solo. I think it'd be fun to have a group to play with. I would think once you get to know how certain people play, it'd be a lot easier to dominate.

LOL that's cool, I'll add you then.

And you're spot on with the teamwork thing. There is already a crew of us that play together onBlack Ops. Each of us has a specific role. Some of us go "balls to the wall" capturing objectives like crazy, and some of us hang back, protect objectives, and bring in big killstreaks. Then a few folks just go spawn rape. When we've had an entire group of 6, we were pretty much unstoppable. We won 23 games in a row one day ntil one of us had to leave :)

so that last article says further attacks have delayed the rebuild of the PSN network yet Sony has been saying they have been rebuilding this whole time and were in the final stages on May 5th. wtf.

Answer: They have been lying the whole time trying to keep people from going to get an XBox while they figure out how to build everything from scratch.

Answer: They have been lying the whole time trying to keep people from going to get an XBox while they figure out how to build everything from scratch.

This is an ugly situation for the guys doing the rebuild. Any time you're under that much pressure to complete a fairly extensive task it's going to be hard to come up with an estimated date of completion that is realistic while still being soon enough to keep upper management at bay.

Archived