Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay...I'm going to brag: my husband was just selected to represent the USA at the Pan Am Games!!!

Special K

Sorry for the bragging here, but I'm just so excited for him, I had to share the good news with the ES community!!

My husband is a Greco Roman wrestler and he just found out today that he is the US wrestler chosen to represent the good old USA at 60kg at the Pan Am Games in May!!! The US sends one wrestler from each weight class and they chose Matt.

Go USA!!

Sorry for the bragging here, but I'm just so excited for him, I had to share the good news with the ES community!!

My husband is a Greco Roman wrestler and he just found out today that he is the US wrestler chosen to represent the good old USA at 60kg at the Pan Am Games in May!!! The US sends one wrestler from each weight class and they chose Matt.

Go USA!!

That's a pretty big honor congrats!!! Tell him to be careful down in Mexico, ****'s getting crazy down there.

Go USA!!

60kg? Is that like 130-135 lbs.??

Congratulations to you and Matt, Katie! I know you've both sacrificed a lot to make this happen, and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more! Best of luck to him!!!

Thanks HH! It has been difficult, and will continue to be. He's the only wrestler ranked in the top 10 in any weight class who isn't sponsored...so we pretty much have to fund everything ourselves. But it's his dream and I'm glad I have a job that can support him. He's the most disciplined and driven person I know and I would make the decision to support his dream 10 times out of 10.

Seriously, is there any better name for a wrestler than Matt? I mean, it fits so well. Now if only his last name was something like Headlock or Takedown, he's be unbeatable.

In fact, I may just run on down to the local Social Security office and change my name to Matt Headlock myself, it sounds pretty good.

Go USA!!

does he wrestle for sunkist?

Congrats to him. As a former wrestler myself and current HS Coach I can tell you what a great honor it is indeed! Very good deal. I wish him and the rest of the USA Team the best of luck.

Brag away to anyone that will listen k. To echo Bang, that is absolutely AWESOME news.What a fantastic honor and reward for all his efforts and sacrifices there in.

Absolutely made up for the both of you. You must be one of the proudest wife's walking around now.

All the best to him at the games. If he brings home a medal that would just top this off perfectly.

Hail.

Archived