Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Does It Seem Republicans and Their Supporters Are Destroying America

DRSmith

It's an interesting question as to what the Dems could have done or should have done over the past two years, but I think it's fair enough to argue that they should have done much better. Far too many backdoor deals and greased palms when we were on the brink. Thankfully, the country seems like it is slowly coming around so maybe the stim and other stuff did some good, but, overall, I'd give the Dems a C... if you press me I could be argued into a C+ or a D+.

I think that's fair. I'll tell you, the one thing that REALLY burned me about the whole healthcare mess was that Obama promised over and over during the campaign that the entire debate would be televised; and that there wouldn't be any back-room deals. And instead, we got Pelosi's, "we have to pass it, so we can tell you what's in it."

I'm not as upset over the stimulus, even though we were told the whole point of it was to keep unemployment under 10%, and it happened anyway. But I have gotten some roads I use a lot re-paved as a result of the money we spent, so I did get some benefit there.

I just don't see that much has changed for the better. We're pursuing the wars essentially the same way. We're spending money at even higher rates. And socially, there's as big a gap between us as I recall in my life time. I still find myself hoping for change.

So, lambaste us and expect us not to react, Yusuf? Fat chance. It's your party that's "fixing" the economy by forcing us to buy private products, and fining us if we don't. Progressivism, FTW!!!! :rolleyes:

Who argued for the removal of the public option?

So, lambaste us and expect us not to react, Yusuf? Fat chance. It's your party that's "fixing" the economy by forcing us to buy private products, and fining us if we don't. Progressivism, FTW!!!! :rolleyes:

Speaking of my "party", please point out when Independents have done any such thing. Your assumptions have betrayed you Grasshopper. ;) And yes, I did support healthcare reform as I'm sure you remember. However I did so because it makes sense, not because of blind fealty to one side or the other.

As with the healthcare debate, the indicators that we're in decline are staring us in the face. However as with other great powers from the past, I doubt their citizens felt any differently than you....right up to the point where the Huns took over.

I think people are looking at the 2 party system the wrong way now.

The battle in this country isn't R vs D, or liberal v conservative.

It is the marriage of very big business, military and big government vs small business owners, ordinary workers, and immigrants.

R's and D's no longer operate between the 40 yard lines, they are both operating between the 49 yard line, and it is a destructive path.

We saw it for 8 years with GW Bush and we have seen President Obama double down on the worst of Bush policies with his spending and quite honestly one of the worst and most arrogant economic teams ever put together.

Congress simply doesn't have a clue. You have mostly economically brain dead Congressman who have their bills and opinions written by big business lobbyists, which is how we end up with stupid 1099 rules in the health care law.

Don't let the political/big business class fool you, its not Rs vs Ds anymore, its those with influence and power vs everyone else

... and that doesn't address anything he's said.

So if you see his, what do you see?

I see happy citizens, a robust economy, and peace..

~Bang

Good things. If you do a bit of research on Canada's recent history, it took a conservative Prime Minister to undo the tangled web of failure that had Canada on the brink of bankruptcy and scandal.

It is the marriage of very big business, military and big government vs small business owners, ordinary workers, and immigrants.

R's and D's no longer operate between the 40 yard lines, they are both operating between the 49 yard line, and it is a destructive path.

We saw it for 8 years with GW Bush and we have seen President Obama double down on the worst of Bush policies with his spending and quite honestly one of the worst and most arrogant economic teams ever put together.

Congress simply doesn't have a clue. You have mostly economically brain dead Congressman who have their bills and opinions written by big business lobbyists, which is how we end up with stupid 1099 rules in the health care law.

Don't let the political/big business class fool you, its not Rs vs Ds anymore, its those with influence and power vs everyone else

100% agree with this. At least Wisconsin is showing that some will fight big business.

Great post.

~Bang

Plenty of good ol' exceptionalism in this thread. I'm always curious to see what others think of us and as long as it's not deragotory or insulting I listen with an open mind. Reacting with insults to an honest (and valid as is evident on tv everyday) take is narrow minded and doesn't help anyone. When we're cutting teachers salaries and giving our children (who already don't have a terrific education system) less in order to continue to fund outrageous military expenses overseas we're ****ing up in my opinion too.

I think people are looking at the 2 party system the wrong way now...

...Don't let the political/big business class fool you, its not Rs vs Ds anymore, its those with influence and power vs everyone else

:1stplace: Exactly! If there were any doubts about this, the Citizens United decision should remove them.

Plenty of good ol' exceptionalism in this thread. I'm always curious to see what others think of us and as long as it's not deragotory or insulting I listen with an open mind.

Maybe you view being accused of "destroying America" as a good thing. I'd respectfully disagree.

Here is the primary problem with conservative thought in American politics:

It seeks to return to something that never existed.

Conservatives believe that there once was a time where businesses behaved ethically and morally without government intervention, when people could easily become rich by simply working hard, when all families had a mother, father, and a dog, when premarital sex was something that a black sheep cousin did once and was then shunned, when the races got along in a world of mutual respect, when everyone went to church and listened to what the preacher said, and when charity filled in every gap.

It's bull****. It's a fairy tale. And that's the basis for their policy.

We might as well be setting policy based on Jack and the Beanstalk.

Well it only seems that way because liberals who gain their money and power by using the government/tax payers as a gravy train are threatened. These liberals who have friends in the media spin the news like you hear.

I personally wouldn't mind if all the terrorists and lazy union hacks would go to Canada to live and become citizens. I think that would really help our country out.

Here is the primary problem with conservative thought in American politics:

It seeks to return to something that never existed.

Conservatives believe that there once was a time where businesses behaved ethically and morally without government intervention' date=' when people could easily become rich by simply working hard, when all families had a mother, father, and a dog, when premarital sex was something that a black sheep cousin did once and was then shunned, when the races got along in a world of mutual respect, when everyone went to church and listened to what the preacher said, and when charity filled in every gap.

It's bull****. It's a fairy tale. And that's the basis for their policy.

We might as well be setting policy based on Jack and the Beanstalk.[/quote']

Conservatives dont believe in letting businesses off without any regulation. Just because we dont want industries run by government- like the USPS- or have healthcare managed by the government- like Canada.

The only fairy tale is what the liberals dole out. That you can get something for nothing and that we have unlimited resources to provide for everybody's needs. 35% of America is getting handouts. Ill be glad to ship all those people to Canada and let you guys show the rest of Destroyed America the way.

Maybe you view being accused of "destroying America" as a good thing. I'd respectfully disagree.

No I'd view not destroying America as a good thing. I got to feel a little destruction is at hand.

---------- Post added March-11th-2011 at 09:00 AM ----------

Conservatives dont believe in letting businesses off without any regulation. Just because we dont want industries run by government- like the USPS- or have healthcare managed by the government- like Canada.

The only fairy tale is what the liberals dole out. That you can get something for nothing and that we have unlimited resources to provide for everybody's needs. 35% of America is getting handouts. Ill be glad to ship all those people to Canada and let you guys show the rest of Destroyed America the way.

And yet that's something like 0.3% of our budget? Entitlements are another issue but flat out welfare, not very significant except to make you mad.

This is like your little brother, still living at home with mom and dad, criticizing how you run the Fortune 500 company you own. ;)

Congratulations on owning a piece of a Fortune 500 company. How are the financial dividends for you personally?

Then why do Republicans continuously fight for deregulation of industry?

The only fairy tale is what the liberals dole out. That you can get something for nothing and that we have unlimited resources to provide for everybody's needs. .

Absolutely, I was against extending the Bush tax cuts too. In fact, I am glad that we were always opposed to them. If we are going to fight a necessary war we should be willing to pay for it! Damn those liberals and their excessive tax cuts.

Archived