Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Does It Seem Republicans and Their Supporters Are Destroying America

DRSmith

Watching from the outside it seems state after state the Republicans are just destroying American values and freedoms, stripping workers of the right to collectively bargain, a former terrorists supporter is now holding hearings about muslims who may be radical, signing laws that allow elected officials to be removed if the govenor sees the need for it, the call for more military action in the middle east when the country is drowing in debt, including arming people and giving aid like what was done in Afghanistan when the Russians were there.

It seems like the laws and regulations are written more and more to sell out the middle class to the richest few.

How much longer before America becomes the England the first settlers had to flee

This thread is not going to begin or end well. :munchout:

I will say that there have been a whole heck of a lot of very dubious bills proposed recently whose intent is to stretch the Constitution to the point of breaking if not past, but that is a heck of a big generalization you're making, doctor.

This thread is not going to begin or end well. :munchout:

I will say that there have been a whole heck of a lot of very dubious bills proposed recently whose intent is to stretch the Constitution to the point of breaking if not past, but that is a heck of a big generalization you're making, doctor.

Agree, and that is why reaction against those bills swept the democrats out of the House last November. BTW who are you and what have you done with Burgold? This is the second post in two days that you evicerated Democrats or their policies.

BTW who are you and what have you done with Burgold? This is the second post in two days that you evicerated Democrats or their policies.

I certainly don't always see eye-to-eye with him, but Burg is as consistent as they come. I don't think anyone around here is as fair with his compliments and criticisms as he is. Y'know, for a slimey liberal d-bag, of course. ;)

This is like your little brother, still living at home with mom and dad, criticizing how you run the Fortune 500 company you own. ;)

Except he's not.. he's sitting in a free country that runs quite smoothly.

I've never thought that it's wise to ignore the words of your neighbors.

They see your house from an entirely different perspective.

~Bang

~Bang

And I his. :)

Why Does It Seem Far-Right Republicans and Their Supporters Are Destroying America? I'd say that's because (with the correction I added) they are.

The GOP has moved so far to the right that it's more like a sick joke than a political party.I believe the arrogance and ignorance inherent in some of the responses you received are directly responsible for allowing the Tea Baggers to take over the GOP. *Newsflash* We could stand to learn a lot from other countries around the world that do things better than we do. Now before you start chanting "U.S.A., U.S.A., U.S.A...." and getting all riled up, consider the following:

The following rankings come from various lists, but they all tell the same story. According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), our 15-year-olds rank 17th in the world in science and 25th in math. We rank 12th among developed countries in college graduation (down from No. 1 for decades). We come in 79th in elementary-school enrollment. Our infrastructure is ranked 23rd in the world, well behind that of every other major advanced economy. American health numbers are stunning for a rich country: based on studies by the OECD and the World Health Organization, we're 27th in life expectancy, 18th in diabetes and first in obesity. Only a few decades ago, the U.S. stood tall in such rankings. No more. There are some areas in which we are still clearly No. 1, but they're not ones we usually brag about. We have the most guns. We have the most crime among rich countries. And, of course, we have by far the largest amount of debt in the world.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2056610,00.html#ixzz1GIgFmqEd

The Chinese opinion of the U.S. is that we're a declining power that will remain able to blow stuff up, but without much else to offer the world--or our own citizens. Of course this prediction shouldn't have been difficult for them since what we're seeing now fits the recurring historical pattern of declining powers.

I think the far-right is driving our bus of state straight into the Chinese' predictions for our future. Sadly for us, the Democrats have no clue about how to stop us from circling the drain as too many of them are still holding on to untenable, outdated policy positions.

I certainly don't always see eye-to-eye with him, but Burg is as consistent as they come. I don't think anyone around here is as fair with his compliments and criticisms as he is. Y'know, for a slimey liberal d-bag, of course. ;)

Thank you, sir. I do try (except when I'm in a mischevious or cantankerous mood.)

~Bang

And I his. :)

You'd have a point H_H except for one minor flaw. People in the U.S. are generally inward looking and hence have little if any familiarity with other countries and cultures. Pop quiz. Without googling it, please tell me how the Canadian banking system fared during the financial meltdown.

I rest my case. :)

So, lambaste us and expect us not to react, Yusuf? Fat chance. It's your party that's "fixing" the economy by forcing us to buy private products, and fining us if we don't. Progressivism, FTW!!!! :rolleyes:

It's an interesting question as to what the Dems could have done or should have done over the past two years, but I think it's fair enough to argue that they should have done much better. Far too many backdoor deals and greased palms when we were on the brink. Thankfully, the country seems like it is slowly coming around so maybe the stim and other stuff did some good, but, overall, I'd give the Dems a C... if you press me I could be argued into a C+ or a D+.

Archived