Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

They can't sell out the upper levels now, why would they increase pricing.

They wont.

did you read what i wrote? I said by removing the cheapest seats, they essentially increased the average ticket prices, which leaves me to beleive they will decrease season tickets for next year in the upper level... Read...

I've asked this before, but just wondering what other people think becuase I didn't see any responses...

I forsee pricing changes coming for the 2012 season, specifically for the Upper Deck... As it is now, the Redskins have removed the cheapest seats in the stadiuim, thus reducing capacity, but also potentially taking a large number of fans out of the market for ST's. As demand deminishes and the average ticket cost rises, one would think a reduction in prices for ST's is looming.

Thoughts?

They can't sell out the upper levels now, why would they increase pricing.

They wont.

I've mentioned many times how frustrating it is paying the money I do for season tickets, to see one win at home. If they were to ever raise them, they'd definitely lose me, but lowering would be nice. Either way, I'm just thankful that we currently do not have PSL's (which is my only fear if we ever go back to D.C).

I can see what HTTR is saying, but I doubt it will happy, then again, Bruce Allen isn't stupid so maybe something will change.

I wouldn't be surprised if someday we see another reduction in the upper deck, and a single pricing zone perhaps. They could remove the upper rows of the remaining endzone seating the way they've already done behind each endzone. Keep the rest of the sideline seating as is between the goal lines. It would get us closer to the 70,000 mark which is the most this market needs IMO.

That clip is pretty good. Those guys put some time into that.

The more time that goes by under Shanny, the more and more I think McNabb was a Snyder move. The 'Are You In?' club seat push w/ McNabb's face on the side of Metro buses and inside of every rail car. :doh:

Redskins season tickets.....the ultimate roller coaster. Natural high at the start of the season once that Fedex package comes followed by complete frustration when you can not only not sell tickets in December to games you can't make but you can even find someone willing to take the tickets for free.

If they don't do something magical in April I might have to let them go this year.

Last year was my first year as a season ticket holder. I got my notice sometime in December and signed up immediately. I was able to pay them off with the three-month payment plan, mine was Jan, Feb and March. Kind of bad being right after Christmas, but had to be done. This year, I have nothing on my account to be paid, not yet at least.

Is this normal? Was last year just done in Jan, Feb and March because of when I signed up?

Bit confused and was hoping some of you who have been season ticket holders for quite some time will be able to tell me. Do they have a set time stuff is due? March, April and May or something like that?

Too bad we don't play the steelers at home next year. Could probably make some decent coin with that one on stub hub. I went to the steelers game a few years ago and it was the most miserable experience of my life... Their fan base rolls way too deep. I'll never go to another steelers game at Fedex. Pretty pumped about seeing the panthers with Cam and the Falcons with Julio... Ravens should be interesting... Hope it's not a repeat of the last regular season game we had a M&T. Not too excited about the Vikes coming to fedex again.

I wouldn't be surprised if someday we see another reduction in the upper deck, and a single pricing zone perhaps. They could remove the upper rows of the remaining endzone seating the way they've already done behind each endzone. Keep the rest of the sideline seating as is between the goal lines. It would get us closer to the 70,000 mark which is the most this market needs IMO.

Ripping out the obsturcted view seats would be a good start towards this goal. IMHO, introducing a youth (18 and under) ticket at 1/2 the cost of the adult tickets in the upper deck would be another good idea. You don't see many kids at games like you used to and at $70 a ticket, I think you can see why.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2012 at 07:53 PM ----------

Invoices usually show up right after the Super Bowl.

I think last year the first payment was due March 1. Next 2 payments were April 1 and May 1. If you paid in full early, you got a choice of seats to some other events, but it seemed like everybody got Kenny Chesney tickets whether they picked that event or not.

Once the Redskins are good, consistently, the demand will jump up big like before. Look at the Capitals, nobody cared about them before, now their prices are sky high. This is a football city, when the Redskins get back to doing well, they'll be high.

I used to think that, but now I'm not so sure.

True, the Caps couldn't sell out a high school rink 5 years ago when they were awful, and now they're the hottest ticket in town. But their arena is also 1/4 the capacity of FedEx Field, the in-game experience is a lot better and more family friendly (they can do more entertainment and games that wouldn't be practical in a huge football stadium, plus fewer drunks because people don't tailgate), and it doesn't take all day to attend a Caps game.

Even when the Redskins start winning again, there will still be a large segment of the fanbase that simply will prefer to watch most games in their 75 degree home or at the neighborhood bar, where the beer is cheaper, the food is better, you don't have to pay $35 to park and fight traffic, and you can watch every play on a 60 inch HD screen.

If the Skins ever put a run together like the Pats or Green Bay, I think the best you'll see is a secondary market that sets most games at face value for the uppers and slightly higher for lowers (with price bumps for the premium games). Of course the minute demand picks up, I could see Danny raising ticket prices, which the secondary market would probably not be willing to cover.

I used to think that, but now I'm not so sure.

True, the Caps couldn't sell out a high school rink 5 years ago when they were awful, and now they're the hottest ticket in town. But their arena is also 1/4 the capacity of FedEx Field, the in-game experience is a lot better and more family friendly (they can do more entertainment and games that wouldn't be practical in a huge football stadium, plus fewer drunks because people don't tailgate), and it doesn't take all day to attend a Caps game.

Even when the Redskins start winning again, there will still be a large segment of the fanbase that simply will prefer to watch most games in their 75 degree home or at the neighborhood bar, where the beer is cheaper, the food is better, you don't have to pay $35 to park and fight traffic, and you can watch every play on a 60 inch HD screen.

If the Skins ever put a run together like the Pats or Green Bay, I think the best you'll see is a secondary market that sets most games at face value for the uppers and slightly higher for lowers (with price bumps for the premium games). Of course the minute demand picks up, I could see Danny raising ticket prices, which the secondary market would probably not be willing to cover.

A few things have to happen for the demand to come back.

1. The OV seats have to be removed. This will create even more of a premium on LL seats, and will also help fill the UL with budget conscious fans that would normally sit in the OV's.

2. A portion of the UL needs to get gimmicky to draw families. Have one end zone be alcohol free, AYCE, etc.

3. Most importantly they need to win. No team with a track record like ours draws well unless it is the first year of a new stadium.

For the 10th consecutive season, I will most likely be forking over another $2,556 to the Skins. I just dropped off my certified mail letter at the post office to notify the ticket office of my intentions (they require certified mail/fedex...UGH). Yes, I sold out and took the Skins up on the offer to move to the Club Level for the 2011 season and in 2012, I will be guaranteed lower level sideline seats. Got it in writing my new pair will be between 118-125 or 104-139 and I get to keep Orange parking.

Lower level sideline is the only way I can somewhat justify the value of the season ticket anymore. I am interested to learn of my seat assignment.

, I sold out and took the Skins up on the offer to move to the Club Level for the 2011 season and in 2012, I will be guaranteed lower level sideline seats. Got it in writing my new pair will be between 118-125 or 104-139 and I get to keep Orange parking.

PSU, where did you move FROM to go to the club level? How long were you in the club (just one season?) and how much did you have to fork over? Just curious............

PSU, where did you move FROM to go to the club level? How long were you in the club (just one season?) and how much did you have to fork over? Just curious............

From 2003-06, I was in the upper part of 426 (I didn't start in the upper level endzone. Got lucky I guess.) From 2007-08, I moved down to the lower part of 426. Moved to 131 in 2009 after calling ticket office throughout the summer and stayed there through 2010.

They called me in late April 2011 (I think ... forget exact month) offering the deal. Sat in 337 this season and each ticket was $1,999 plus tax. They just applied what I already paid for general admission and I paid the difference. The total for two tixs, parking and fees was around 4,500.

Edited by psu2008

For the 10th consecutive season, I will most likely be forking over another $2,556 to the Skins. I just dropped off my certified mail letter at the post office to notify the ticket office of my intentions (they require certified mail/fedex...UGH). Yes, I sold out and took the Skins up on the offer to move to the Club Level for the 2011 season and in 2012, I will be guaranteed lower level sideline seats. Got it in writing my new pair will be between 118-125 or 104-139 and I get to keep Orange parking.

Lower level sideline is the only way I can somewhat justify the value of the season ticket anymore. I am interested to learn of my seat assignment.

Your only paying $2500 for club seats with parking? That seems like a damn good price to me.

Your only paying $2500 for club seats with parking? That seems like a damn good price to me.

No. Club seats were around 4,500. I will be moving back to the lower level GA this year. As any other season ticket holder will confirm, the cost for a pair of general admission, lower level seats, parking and fees is $2,556. If you don't pay online it is $2,553 since they have a bogus $3 online fee.