Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

did you read what i wrote? I said by removing the cheapest seats, they essentially increased the average ticket prices, which leaves me to beleive they will decrease season tickets for next year in the upper level... Read...

By removing upper level sections I think the goal was to decrease supply/ increase demand in UL so they can eventually raise prices. I didn't go to the Cards game but the Giants, Eagles, 49ers and Dallas games seemed pretty packed in the UL. At least more so than it ever seemed in previous seasons. I think we'll see an increase before we see a decrease in pricing. Plus, increasing the average ticket price by removing cheap seats doesn't equal increasing the total revenue generated from ticket sales... Increasing revenue is their goal.

Edited by tds

No. Club seats were around 4,500. I will be moving back to the lower level GA this year. As any other season ticket holder will confirm, the cost for a pair of general admission, lower level seats, parking and fees is $2,556. If you don't pay online it is $2,553 since they have a bogus $3 online fee.

1. Almost every online ticket processing system charges a processing fee. I just paid $17 for 4 tickets to IMAX worth $52...and you're complaining about $3?

2. EVER buy tickets on Ticketmaster?

3. You are spending $2,553 for Skins tickets and the $3 processing fee is "bogus"?

4. By the way, that $3 goes to Ticketmaster and not Danny

1. Almost every online ticket processing system charges a processing fee. I just paid $17 for 4 tickets to IMAX worth $52...and you're complaining about $3?

2. EVER buy tickets on Ticketmaster?

3. You are spending $2,553 for Skins tickets and the $3 processing fee is "bogus"?

4. By the way, that $3 goes to Ticketmaster and not Danny

YEAH I've bought tickets on Ticketmaster. I'm not ****ing about the fee at all. Just stating the facts. If I cared that much about money, I wouldn't spend money on season tickets

I have season tickets to Skins, Caps and Nats so I am well aware about fees and buying tickets online. Don't be such an ass about it.

that $3 goes to Ticketmaster and not Danny

I don't see why Ticket Master has to be involved w/ the distribution of Redskins STs, other than the fact that it means more $ for both parties.

The team charges the $3 online fee bc people are willing to pay it. Its hard for me to hold that against the team for charging it. No business has to charge service fees, they do it bc they can.

Compare Southwest Airlines to all of the others. SW markets the fact that they don't charge additional fees on ticket purchases. Whatever fees SW has to pay outside parties is included in the purchase price of the ticket. The Redskins could do the same.

Not going on fact, but I'd be surprised if the Packers or Steelers charge their customers fees to pay for STs online vs. paper checks.

Edited by RFKFedEx

YEAH I've bought tickets on Ticketmaster. I'm not ****ing about the fee at all. Just stating the facts. If I cared that much about money, I wouldn't spend money on season tickets

I have season tickets to Skins, Caps and Nats so I am well aware about fees and buying tickets online. Don't be such an ass about it.

Hey, you were the one complaining about the processing fee being "bogus". Don't call me the ass.

how about saving the $3 charge and the $25 shipping charge if STH elects to print the etickets from our online accounts and not receive paper tickets from the ticket office. I am not hung up on saving or collecting the tickets even though some are...this satifies both. It all boils down to customer service.

I don't see why Ticket Master has to be involved w/ the distribution of Redskins STs, other than the fact that it means more $ for both parties.

The team charges the $3 online fee bc people are willing to pay it. Its hard for me to hold that against the team for charging it. No business has to charge service fees, they do it bc they can.

Compare Southwest Airlines to all of the others. SW markets the fact that they don't charge additional fees on ticket purchases. Whatever fees SW has to pay outside parties is included in the purchase price of the ticket. The Redskins could do the same.

Not going on fact, but I'd be surprised if the Packers or Steelers charge their customers fees to pay for STs online vs. paper checks.

The fee covers the cost of another company processing the electronic transaction. IF Danny absorbs it out of the ticket cost, then he loses the money. The STH has a CHOICE. He/she can send in the check or probably call in with a credit card without paying the fee. OR I can pay the fee sitting in my home in PA in my pajamas at 1am. MY CHOICE. It provides an alternative payment method for the STH. Don't want to pay it, spend your $3+ in gas to drive to FedEx to pay it in person. Many do.

For those who insist it should be part of the ticket (whether airline, Redskins or concert). WTF does it matter whether the $3 is included in the ticket cost or whether it is separated out. I always get a kick out of people who LOVE free shipping. Trust me, I worked in mail order retail....there is NO FREE SHIPPING....it is just added to the cost of the product. You still pay for it....but I guess some dumb asses (not you personally RFK) feel like they're getting a deal; but in reality, they are too stupid to consider the total cost of the transaction.

As for the Steelers charging an online fee, I bet they do. Go to the ticket site and they use the exact same Ticketmaster online account system that the Redskins use.....and check this out....so do the Packers. You really believe that both teams absorb the cost of TicketMaster running the online ticket accounts. No way.

EDIT -- On the other hand, I read on the Packers site that they sent 8 STHs to the Carolina game all expenses paid for paying their season tickets online. Danny and all his marketing genius would never offer a prize to induce people to pay online.

---------- Post added January-6th-2012 at 11:13 PM ----------

how about saving the $3 charge and the $25 shipping charge if STH elects to print the etickets from our online accounts and not receive paper tickets from the ticket office. I am not hung up on saving or collecting the tickets even though some are...this satifies both. It all boils down to customer service.

What customers who have no retail experience do not understand is that there are costs involved in printing, stuffing the envelopes and paying FedEx to ship your tickets guaranteed delivery. It really does cost money to hire another company to print and stuff the envelopes and for the shipper to deliver the tickets to your door. The ticket price is for the entertainment value (OK...that's stretching the point...maybe I should say the depressing value).

Let's all remember that ticket prices have remained the same for 6 years and shipping and handling have remained the same now for 4 years. Have costs gone up over that time? Fuel prices? Labor? Cost of ink and paper?

e-tickets may be an option. Perhaps you should email the Redskins with the suggestion. Skins just went to bar coded tickets recently and also upgraded their ticket software system last year....or was it two years ago now. But a more complex software to process the e-tickets is going to create another fee.....I've been charged fees (albeit lower) for e-tickets. The software and hardware supporting electronic transactions are not free.

Most people don't realize that every transaction on their credit card and debit card includes a cost that the seller incurs by accepting those payments. Check payments have the least costly transaction fee which is why sellers prefer cash or check. The advantage of a CC or debit card is the certainty of payment. Personal checks over $2,000 can easily bounce which creates other problems for the seller in collections costs. It's not all as simple as some want to make it out.

Sorry....my response went well beyond a simple response to your comment to include other points about electronic transactions.

EDIT -- I just checked my STH online account and there is a feature now...not at the beginning of the season....that permits printing tickets online.....Hmmmm. Perhaps they will offer this option next year. The Help FAQ says that there may be a processing fee associated with ticket printing and if there is one it will appear at checkout. I've always paid a printing fee for any other e-tickets so I'm sure Danny will still charge the fee. The fees support the online ticket account system.

Edited by SonnyandSam
new information

But if you look at the total costs involved, it just costs more to pay for an envelope to be physically opened and a check physically sent (or scanned) to a bank, than it does for a website to electronically debit a credit card account and credit a bank account.

Where the sense of injustice comes from is Verizon and/or Redskins charging consumers extra for a process that actually costs them less. It is extraction of economic rent, simply because they can, pure and simple.

So at the end of the day, the seller tries to get more money where they can. And buyers complain about it where they can. Sometimes the fees go away, (Verizon), sometimes they don't (Redskins). Invisible hand and all, and the total price stabilizes somewhere.

But I strongly support psu2008's depiction of the fee as "bogus" in that they are charging us for a process that actually costs them less....

Don't misunderstand me - I'm not saying the fee isn't bogus. I'm just saying it's not reasonable to compare the Verizon fee (and the public outrage associated) with the Redskins fee.

I agree though - the fee is bogus.

One can claim there are costs associated with the online fee, but there are also costs with processing paper checks manually. So they are spending money in one area and saving it in another. And I can promise you, they are making money on the $3 fee. So yes, it's bogus. And yes, it is another psychologically negative point being directed at that the very people the team is trying to charm. But let's face it - public relations is not the ownership's strong point. The fee is not something that keeps me up at night though - but in principle I agree with you.

EDIT -- On the other hand, I read on the Packers site that they sent 8 STHs to the Carolina game all expenses paid for paying their season tickets online. Danny and all his marketing genius would never offer a prize to induce people to pay online.

I also see on their site that the premium seat waiting list is about 5 years for club seats today. I was told it is was only a 1-2 year wait when I toured Lambeau in 2006. No wonder they're adding 7k new premium seats for next year. I get the sense they're being honest about ticket demand. However, I still think its a bad idea to expand that place when its already perfect as is.

I also see on their site that the premium seat waiting list is about 5 years for club seats today. I was told it is was only a 1-2 year wait when I toured Lambeau in 2006. No wonder they're adding 7k new premium seats for next year. I get the sense they're being honest about ticket demand. However, I still think its a bad idea to expand that place when its already perfect as is.

So I guess Green Bay is not run by a bunch of greedy SOBs for issuing fake stock certificates to raise $70 million and give the "stockholders" a certificate worth absolutely nothing. Redskins fans jump all over Snyder for making money to run the team but it's OK for Green Bay to scam it's fans for $70 million. All the NFL teams are run by billionaires trying to make money from their franchise. Snyder is not much different. Snyder haters need to realize that.

If the Skins had been in the playoffs for the past ten years like GB and won a Super Bowl, FedEx Field would be sold out and have a legitimate wait list. You strike when the iron is hot. For GB, its hot; for Snyder...it's stone cold.

Its already Jan 10th today, but in yesterdays regular mail I got an offer for a 'FREE Redskins Christmas Ornament' from the Danbury Mint. It actually says Christmas and not 'holiday'. :ols:

The postage was prepaid and the envelope isn't date stamped from a post office, so I'm unsure of when these were actually mailed out. I suspect it was after the holidays. Anyone else get this?

The return address is to the Danbury Mint in Ct, not the TO in Landover. I'm unsure of whom to blame for this blunder, or how they got my home address other than my waiting list account info.

Edited by RFKFedEx

So I guess Green Bay is not run by a bunch of greedy SOBs for issuing fake stock certificates to raise $70 million and give the "stockholders" a certificate worth absolutely nothing. Redskins fans jump all over Snyder for making money to run the team but it's OK for Green Bay to scam it's fans for $70 million. All the NFL teams are run by billionaires trying to make money from their franchise. Snyder is not much different. Snyder haters need to realize that.

It's not a "scam" if buyers know exactly what they are getting. It's not a hidden fact that Packers stock pays no dividend, and doesn't really seem to offer much of a benefit other than a piece of paper suitable for framing and a chance to say "I own part of the Packer!". I wouldn't buy it, but obviously others would. To each their own.

Question for you guys: I'm a STH (Upper-level, on the 50, close to the aisle), looking to renew and not interested in moving to LL because I like my section and don't want to be in the end zone.

Some of the guys around me have upgraded by moving down rows a couple times in the past several years, and have stayed essentially the same distance from the aisle. I'd be interested in doing that -- moving down within the section but not moving farther from the 50. Is that possible without risking a move farther from the aisle? Anyone have any experience with that? Thanks for the input.

Those certificates are not fake at all. They cost $200 back in 1997, and it entitles you to go to the shareholders meeting in July every year. You get to tour the facility, and you get to vote for the board of directors. And I'm not sure where you got the 70M figure from, because they only raised 24M. (My sister-in-laws brother is a stockholder and goes to the annual meeting)

BTW that money went for redeveloping Lambeau Field.

Edited by dockeryfan

That would be nice. A March, April, May, June, July, August payment plan would be perfect.

Sure would help me keep my tickets..I think this year I will have to let them go unless im able to work a deal out with someone on splitting the season or the ticket office gives me more time

Those certificates are not fake at all. They cost $200 back in 1997, and it entitles you to go to the shareholders meeting in July every year. You get to tour the facility, and you get to vote for the board of directors. And I'm not sure where you got the 70M figure from, because they only raised 24M. (My sister-in-laws brother is a stockholder and goes to the annual meeting)

They have raised over $60 million from THIS stock sale....and they are attempting to sell $70 million as dockeryfan said.

You're really not that gullible are you? A REAL stock certificate entitles you to dividends or to sell the stock at some point to make money from your investment. It means you ACTUALLY own part of the company. All Packer fans are doing is donating money to the Packers and getting a piece of paper they can frame (and can attend the annual stock holder meeting...whoop dee doo). Now the Packers are above board reporting what the stock certicates are for and what they are NOT worth. But it is no more a scam than what people accuse Dan Snyder about charging $25 for shipping/handling of season tickets or the $3 online payment fee. By the way, the Packers are charging a $25 shipping and handling fee to send out the worthless stock certificates.

280,000 shares of stock X $250 = $70 million

Now having said all the above, IF I were a Packer fan with their history and tradition, it would be pretty cool to pay the $250 for a piece of paper so I could brag I was a part owner of the team. But it is still a scam to raise money for the stadium. You get $250 and get nothing in return....except a piece of paper.

P.S. I am referring to the most recent stock sale beginning this past December. Packers have sold stock 3-4 times in the past.

Even if the Packer brass is selling snake oil, at least they're not milking a local tax base to build an ivory tower. And an ivory tower it will be, featuring all luxury seating with few benefits to the majority of stockholders or GA patrons. The major renovations in the early 2000s really benefited all of the patrons, GA and premium.

I wouldn't be surprised if FedEx and Lambeau rank near the top for fewest public stadium dollars spent, in proportion to the rest of the league.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Sure would help me keep my tickets..I think this year I will have to let them go unless im able to work a deal out with someone on splitting the season or the ticket office gives me more time
If anyone with Bruce Allen's email could make the suggestion

Maybe he could get something like this done.