Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

im not sure why anyone would buy season tickets anymore. after market prices are almost always lower then face value and you dont get stuck buying preseason games. The whole im a season ticket holder thing sounds great but, your paying a premium for that. i have bought loge seats on stubhub for every game this season i have never paid more then 139 each for them. i got the jets game for 49 each and the cardinals game for 54 each. the most i paid was for dallas at 139 each.

Once the Redskins are good, consistently, the demand will jump up big like before. Look at the Capitals, nobody cared about them before, now their prices are sky high. This is a football city, when the Redskins get back to doing well, they'll be high.

So what you're saying is, prices will remain low for a while?

I dont see how they will/can raise prices even if we get a top pick.

Currently there is supply vs demand is way way way down....

I have a hard time selling my lower level seats at face value.... luckily I have for games I cant make it to this season

Once the Redskins are good, consistently, the demand will jump up big like before.when the Redskins get back to doing well, they'll be high.

Thats the line of thinking that keeps em coming back.

With regular winning, demand will go up and so will secondary market prices.

But in the digital age, I don't see there ever again being a justification to becoming a new STH in any NFL town. Look at teams that win and compare the cost of single game purchasing to their STH ownership. Places like NYG, and Dallas. The PSL costs outweigh the benefits of having the right of purchasing season tix at face IMO. The same is true here and we don't even have PSLs.

Single game tickets can be had in most places for the same cost or even less than what STHs are paying per game. STHs have to pay for all 10 games including preseason. You might pay more than face for big games like Dallas and NE here, but it's still cheaper than having to pay for preseason; in addition to other gutter games like the Cardinals and Rams.

Green Bay is the last bastion where STH ownership still truly benefits the customer.

Sadly, I am giving up my tickets this year. Like many people have pointed out on here, the cost is just too high. My wife and i just had a baby, and I cant realistically pay $2200 for these tix anymore. My wife allways gives me crap, saying how bad we are and its not worth it......but I always go back with the same thoughts as everyone else saying "when we are good, these tickets are going to be worth alot and we wont be able to get them". Well unfortunately, I simply ran out of money waiting for the Skins to be good.

I suppose I will try to go to a few games throughout the year on Stubhub or something like that, but it saddens me that I wont be a STH any longer :(

So what you're saying is, prices will remain low for a while?

Haha, if they keep doing bad, absolutely. If you think about it though, besides a WR here and a CB there, we really just need a QB to get this rolling. At least that's how I feel. Now whether prices rise when we win, that's another story, but only time will tell of course.

Do you all think there is a chance we see a new pricing structure for 2012? I believe all of the $44 seats are now removed. Will all of the people that were paying that price be willing to pay $64? We are already at the lowest demand in the history of Redskins football... (my guess)... and we are potentially increasing the average price by removing the lowest price seats out of the stadium.

I just have a feeling we will see something new this year. Also, i don't understand how every seat in the 100's is $99... Thoughts?

I just saw the results of the NFL players poll on which teams have the most intimidating fans. Years and not so long ago, the Redskins would be right up there at the top. Not anymore. Not even in the top 15, with fans like the Chargers, Bengals, and Colts ahead of the Redskins.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1112/nfl.players.poll.toughest.fans/content.1.html

Sure, people can claim that Snyder has ruined the franchise, and he has done a lot of damage to be sure. The coaching has been pedestrian at best now for some years. The players have been poorly selected and coached. The current coaching staff has performed poorly. And, a lot of players have played mediocre football.

But, none of that is responsible for the failure of the Redskins fanchise to lose the respect of NFL players. Some fans have quit on the Skins, and others threaten to do so. Still others write whining posts claiming we are rebuilding and we should be patient with coaches and management I agree with the NFL players. The Redskins fans have gotten soft. Not much of a factor anymore. That is the truth.

Maybe it is time for the Redskins fans to look at themselves...starting this Sunday. Hail to the Redskins.

Edited by KokoMike

I'm right there with you koko. Our fan base has gone soft, big time. I sit here and wish we could be like other cities where no matter the record, their fans make it unpleasant. I'm not talking about throwing things or starting fights, but making it known you aren't wanted there. It seems like a lot of our fans are either too scared or just don't care too.

I'm lucky enough sitting in a section where our fans are always there. So far I've only noticed two people who don't show up and that was only for one game. I use to tag along with my friend to a lot of games before I had season tickets and in his section, it seemed like every week it was new people, didn't matter early or late in the season.

In a way I feel like our fans just care about money. I know a guy who owns season tickets, yet only goes to two games a year and sells the rest - doesn't care who they go to either. Fans like that have ruined this fan base.

Obviously as said, if we win consistently I believe that will all stop, but till then have to deal with it. By no means is it fun sitting in a stadium with J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chants.

• 3 weeks later...
tickets were cheap on the secondary market this year for sure... but we are getting better even if the record doesn't show it... if we land Luck, tickets will be worth it next year.. IMO.. i'm sure others would argue not...

I love going to games. But I'm never going to go to more than 2 or 3 a season so regardless of if their value goes up or down, it'll never make sense for me to do the season thing.

If I went to every game I think it would be fun to have season tickets.

Every year I try to tell myself I am not going to renew since tickets in the aftermarket are so cheap. But every year I find myself forking over a few thousand bucks for another season of false hope.

Edited by psu2008

I will never give my tickets up.

Eight times a year I get to hang out with my friends from college in the green lot for four hours and have fun. That is just a important as the games to me. If I gave up my season tickets it would be easy to say that I am not going to go if the weather was bad, or if the team was down. Yes it's a long day, and yes it is frustrating when they can't even get to 500 at home, but there is so much more than going to football games than the game.

Every year I try to tell myself I am not going to renew since tickets in the aftermarket are so cheap. But every year I find myself forking over a few thousand bucks for another season of false hope.

Yeah, I have told myself the same thing in recent years, but still gone ahead and paid before the deadline. It sucks because I have tickets that I actually like now, but I think I am going to give them up this year. Since I moved to Charlotte, I only make it up for 2-3 games a year and with the aftermarket being so soft, I have lost quite a bit of money over the last few years. And it is not just the record that has contributed to a soft aftermarket, it is a lot of factors.

Obviously the economy has been a factor, but many people would just rather stay at home with their 55 inch HDTVs, Sunday Ticket, their own non $9 beer and their own food. It does not match the game atmosphere at all, but you can put together a pretty good viewing environment without leaving the house.

Gone soft? No I don't think so. I think a lot of skins fans are tired of our greedy owner.

He's milked the fanbase for all its worth. It just so happens that the seats need to be filled some how for him to pay his mortgage... Even if it is all steelers fans.

do you plan to renew your bleeders in 422?

I've asked this before, but just wondering what other people think becuase I didn't see any responses...

I forsee pricing changes coming for the 2012 season, specifically for the Upper Deck... As it is now, the Redskins have removed the cheapest seats in the stadiuim, thus reducing capacity, but also potentially taking a large number of fans out of the market for ST's. As demand deminishes and the average ticket cost rises, one would think a reduction in prices for ST's is looming.

Thoughts?

Once the Redskins are good, consistently, the demand will jump up big like before. Look at the Capitals, nobody cared about them before, now their prices are sky high. This is a football city, when the Redskins get back to doing well, they'll be high.

I don't think so. Even cities with insane demand (like Pittsburgh) are experiencing some bleed-off.