Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Look at the non-divisional home slate for next season: Seattle, Atlanta, St Louis, Jacksonville, Tennessee. 

That's not a great looking home schedule if you are forecasting aftermarket prices. St. Louis, Jax, and Tenn...ughhh. Unless those teams are vastly improved they are going to be lower tier games where ticket holders will be lucky to recoup face value.

I've had season tickets for 7 years. I had 6 year before last but downgraded to just 2 last year after prices were hiked. I'm on the fence regarding re-upping. I might just dump my 2 seasons and pick up tickets for a game or two in the aftermarket. There are always good deals on upper bowl tickets, especially for the lower tier games...even if the team is having a good season. And if the team stinks like this year...you can find SRO tickets for games like KC for $5-7 lol.

• Like 1

Our home schedule next year will be one of the worst in the last 5 years or so of re-couping costs and getting face value, even if we are really good. For anyone who needs to sell any of those non-NFC East games, it will be brutal! None of those, including Seattle, are in demand teams to see. The smart money is 100% on the secondary market next year.

• Like 1

The ball is in Danny Claus' court.

If he makes the right moves in the next week I will re-up without an issue (which is saying something, because I will be moving out of the area in a couple of weeks and MIGHT make it to two games next year) but if he brings in an Art Briles or some other scrub, I'm out.

I would love to just see a GM be given the franchise.  I think we deserve it.

As a season ticket holder, it really has come down to paying each year for the right to keep your specific seats. I have 50 yard line upper level seats that I don't want to lose so I renew each year and sell the games I cannot attend. 

Which isnt a bad thing to do.

What I do is look at what games conflict with things on my schedule.

I was lucky enough to sell my Lions, 49ers, Giants, and Chargers tickets before we even played our first game.

I sold them all to my friends and made $2 bucks off them for each ticket, which isnt anything... I believe in karma so I wasnt going to charge them for what I could lower level sideline seats 3 rows away.

I will renew mine again, and look to move closer to the 50 yard line, simply because I can always sell them for what I pay for them.... EXCEPT the dreaded pre season LOL

Thanks for sharing RF44.

I knew the Lambeau expansion was a bad idea. lol  <_< I'll bet most of those 3000 unsold seats are normally assigned to STHs in the regular season. I suspect some STHs simply don't want to buy this playoff game due to spoiled fan syndrome. No proof, just speculation.

Take my $2800/10 games(8 reg 2 pre)= $280 per game. Now take $2800/8 games(just reg)= $350. either way Dan gets his $2800. Now I can sell a game at "face" $350 and not eat the preseason cost.

So you want him to increase the face value on regular season games, tickets that are already priced too high.

Your proposal is a head scratcher to me.  Changing the face value wont change what you can sell a ticket for during the season.  You would have sold your tickets this year at the same price whether you paid $280 per game or $350 per game.  Makes no sense.

• Like 1

So you want him to increase the face value on regular season games, tickets that are already priced too high.

Your proposal is a head scratcher to me.  Changing the face value wont change what you can sell a ticket for during the season.  You would have sold your tickets this year at the same price whether you paid $280 per game or $350 per game.  Makes no sense.

b/c of preseason I have to sell reg at a profit to break even.

Maybe it is just over your head.  I can not make it any more simple.

Wow, people will actually buy season tickets?!? Not too bright, I must say. Not a good enough product to have Snyder & Co empty out our pocketbooks and waste our time with the game day experience.

Edited by Bantu

Does the face value of the ticket have any effect? I don't buy tickets so I have no idea.

Not much impact on the secondary market IMO. Face values are deceiving, and rarely do they reflect the actual STH's cost for most sporting events, pros or college. Face value is a guideline of sort, but true market value is determined by timing among the most significant of factors. Prominence of opponent and significance of the game are also big.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Packers lift the blackout threat for Sunday.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24396627/packers-announce-sellout-game-to-be-shown-locally

This blackout threat was a gamechanger bc I had always figured Green Bay was immune to attendance problems. Still though, I don't think we'll ever have a blackout threat here as long as Snyder is the owner. But you never know after this craziness.

Wow, people will actually buy season tickets?!? Not too bright, I must say. Not a good enough product to have Snyder & Co empty out our pocketbooks and waste our time with the game day experience.

Thanks for adding this gem, genius. Obviously, us morons that have bought season tickets for the last X years are just dumb, simple folk who haven't had the edgemucation you have. Thanks for setting us straight! I love ES, always a helpful poster to guide us through life....

• Like 4

Make perfect sense.  He can resell the regular season tix for a higher face value and Danny gets his same money.   But then, Danny won't get to claim that Skins tix are among the cheapest in the league.

• Like 1

I also think this makes perfect sense. There are some people out there who have a hangup with paying over face value so they will buy up to that price. If you sell to friends, you will hear people say "I bought them from a buddy for face value," even though face value is not true cost. I would like to see this as well, although it will not happen. Love the idea though.

• Like 1