Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

b/c of preseason I have to sell reg at a profit to break even.

Maybe it is just over your head.  I can not make it any more simple.

Over my head?  Please.  Please read HOF44's response.

As an aftermarket ticket purchaser I don't care what your face value is.  Your aftermarket ticket value isn't going to increase because the face value of the ticket increases.

People don't want to pay the current face value, while would they want a price increase.

Over my head?  Please.  Please read HOF44's response.

As an aftermarket ticket purchaser I don't care what your face value is.  Your aftermarket ticket value isn't going to increase because the face value of the ticket increases.

People don't want to pay the current face value, while would they want a price increase.

I sell to friends all the time at face.  only prob is I lose money when I do.  Tax and preseason cost I eat.  I guess it depends what side of the fence you are on.  If I was buying aftermarket tix I would also think it is a bad idea, however as a season tix holder I wish it would happen.

Edited by gibbsfan2018

Make perfect sense.  He can resell the regular season tix for a higher face value and Danny gets his same money.   But then, Danny won't get to claim that Skins tix are among the cheapest in the league.

I think you are right on with this.  The current setup allows the NFL to give an artificially low cost of going to games.  And judging by the post season tix sales this would not help their cause.

• Like 1

I think face value does set a baseline.  Chipwhich and others who are experienced at buying on the aftermarket might not be swayed by it but the average Joe would, and the average seller typically asks that price or a percent above to start.  I think preseason should be optional or 50% of regular season.  Or how about every time the team loses 10 or more games the preseason is free for season ticket holders?  One can dream...

I sell to friends all the time at face.  only prob is I lose money when I do.  Tax and preseason cost I eat.  I guess it depends what side of the fence you are on.  If I was buying aftermarket tix I would also think it is a bad idea, however as a season tix holder I wish it would happen.

If you have friends willing to pay face, then you are in luck.  The last time I paid face value (or above) for a ticket was this season, when I was buying tickets for a friend from out of town, and he was worried about the ability to score a ticket (that was the San Diego game) and I think it was a Redskins Dallas game last time the Redskins went to the playoffs under Gibbs.  My daughter was cheering at half time and I wanted to ensure I got seats in the section in front of where she would be standing.

Honestly I have friends that can't give their tickets away (to a game or two each year).  Paying face is almost never an option except for maybe a game or two a year.

But if that works for some season ticket holders, let Danny do it.  I suspect it would hurt his return ticket aftermarket seats.

Edited by chipwhich

Redskinfan44 has a good point. Not everyone is as savvy buying tix. Some like to buy from those they know. If everyone was like chip I would have to get rid of my tickets. With a wife and two kids I can not get to all 8 games a year.

You don't have to be savvy.  I am not part of some underground ticket exchange LOL.

I was able to buy loge and club seats the day of or day before every game this year for under 100 per ticket. and Im talking about zone A club tickets which are between the 25s. Do I feel bad for people that buy preseason games at face, sure I do however why anyone would buy season tickets to a bad football team doesn't make sense to me . If I lived in boston and was a pats fan I  could understand. but with the skins. I will buy my tickets at 9am sunday morning and pay 40 percent of face value. 

As long as there is more tickets for sale then people looking for them the prices for tickets will always be low.

• Like 1

IMO the Packers are the last NFL ST base fully reaping the benefits. Every GA STHer in Lambeau can resell their regular season games for a profit; sufficient to cover the cost of their preseason game. Most of the Packers GA STHs only pay for one mandatory, preseason game. This is due to their STHer base being split into two groups. Each group is assigned one preseason game.

To top it off, Packers tix usually rank among the highest secondary market prices in the league. The worst seats are still coveted, like they were here in the RFK days.

...and yet they are having trouble selling out for a playoff game.....

http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/31/wild-card-weekend-tickets-bengals-colts-packers/

but they made it..........http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-49ers-playoff-tickets-sold-out/ecb76250-c2f0-4ea9-b2f0-67ff51daa5f3

I was able to buy loge and club seats the day of or day before every game this year for under 100 per ticket. and Im talking about zone A club tickets which are between the 25s. Do I feel bad for people that buy preseason games at face, sure I do however why anyone would buy season tickets to a bad football team doesn't make sense to me . If I lived in boston and was a pats fan I  could understand. but with the skins. I will buy my tickets at 9am sunday morning and pay 40 percent of face value. 

As long as there is more tickets for sale then people looking for them the prices for tickets will always be low.

This works if you have 2 people going and don't care where you sit. If you have 3,4 or 5 people going, that is not always a possibility. I always have 3 or 4 so the choices aren't as plentiful. Believe me, before I got season tickets, I tried it and in many cases I almost couldn't get 4 lowers together. Unless I wanted to pay crazy Stub Hub prices, I spent countless amounts of hours on the internet looking for 3-5 together and those who had them wanted a premium. So for people like me who go with a family, having the same seats every week and not worrying about the search is a huge deal.

Edited by LCA77

I agree with LCA77 I have 6 seats for 8 years now, love where I sit, love the friendships I've developed with folks sitting around me. We like our beer guy (Teddy) and look for him each year, We like knowing where we are going and what is around us if we need anything. We like knowing how long it'll take us to get there from our tailgate spot. At the end of each season we confirm with each other that we'll return to the same location and it's part of the fun sitting with and interacting with those folks.  It's not for everyone but that interaction is a major part of attending for me and my group so we will remain STH's.

Edited by romank
  • Like 3

Packers lift the blackout threat for Sunday.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24396627/packers-announce-sellout-game-to-be-shown-locally

This blackout threat was a gamechanger bc I had always figured Green Bay was immune to attendance problems. Still though, I don't think we'll ever have a blackout threat here as long as Snyder is the owner. But you never know after this craziness.

The almost-blackout for the Packers was a little bit of a perfect storm with regards to what happened.

1) The team sent out the initial order forms when Rodgers was hurt and the team was in their 6-game losing streak.

2) The team changed its playoff refund policy.  They used to offer refunds for unplayed games and they instead changed it so any unplayed game money would go towards the STH's tickets the following year.  They didn't think this would be a big deal but a lot of STHs didn't want to lock up money for something that looked fairly unlikely at the time.

3) The team clinched the division 7 days before the game was played.  So all of a sudden they had 40,000 unsold tickets and only a few days to sell them.

4) The game was one of the coldest in Lambeau's history.  Even if you could sit outside for that much time, it's not even safe to be driving from all over Wisconsin to Green Bay, and the Packers rely heavily on fans in Milwaukee, all over Wisconsin, and even Chicago to fill the stadium.

5) This year's Packers are one of the least competitive Packer teams in recent year.

That said, given the fact that this happened to the Packers, the NFL and its teams should be paying close attention to their ticketing policies.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 1

I spoke with a friend who works for the Redskins (indirectly with the ticket office) today and was told that they are strongly considering having 6 month payment plans this year, beginning March - August. For those of us who have more than 2 tickets, this can be really good news and a huge help. Of course there is no guarantee, but it sounds like there is a decent chance it will happen. About time.

They have also started calling people on the waiting list with the great news that they made it to the top and can now secure season tickets. lol. They will get a free autographed jersey of some kind and also a "chalk talk" with Jay Gruden. Let the marketing begin!

When I sell my tickets at "face value" I always sell them at face + tax.  Nobody has ever balked at paying the tax so you should not lose money on that.  If someone wants the tickets, they will pay the tax, which is clearly listed on the ticket.

Regarding the preseason tickets, I used to resent them, particularly since I was a season ticket holder before we had to purchase the preseason in order to renew our season tickets.  Now, I just enjoy those games immensely.  The weather is great, we always have a fun tailgate, and my wife does not mind going to those game with me because I am actually relaxed at a Redskin game. 

As far as the idea of making the preseason games "free" and raise the ticket price for the regular season games, that would be such a transparent marketing ploy that the criticism Snyder would be subjected to would certainly not make it worth it to him.  I don't think that that would be a good move at all. 

• Like 1

Email I just got from the Redskins. It seems 6 months to pay of the tickets is correct

One Robert Griffin III, Alfred Morris, or Pierre Garcon jerseyPurchase four (4) or more tickets and have your jersey signed
$50 concession gift card to be used at FedExField

Chalk Talk for you and a guest with GM Bruce Allen and Head Coach Jay GrudenThis great offer expires February 14, 2014 so purchase today!

As a season ticket holder, you enjoy the following benefits and more:Affordable seats with great views (seats starting as low as $69 per game**)
A home schedule featuring traditional NFC East rivals as well as the other top teams in the NFL
On-site season parking available and convenient nearby Metro station access
State-of-the-art HD video boards, for better replays and real time statsAbility to resell your tickets for games you cannot attend, even at a profit via the NFL Ticket Exchange
Transfer tickets to guests at no additional charge via your online My Redskins Account
First right to purchase your seats to playoff games held at FedExField
No contract to sign, plus interest-free payment plans available
Early access to purchase tickets to special events held at FedExField   Enrollment in the NFL Membership Club including benefits like NFL Redzone and Game Rewind

Pay in full
Monthly Payment Plan: Spread the cost of your season tickets over 6 months (January - June) with each payment automatically deducted on the 15th of each month (1st payment due at time of sign-up)

I already have 6 Tickets and received same email.  I wonder if any of these perks count for renewal.  I seriously doubt they will pass out so many jerseys for free so this is probaby for new STH only.   I do love the new 6 month payment plan.  I hope that is for renewals.

I already have 6 Tickets and received same email.  I wonder if any of these perks count for renewal.  I seriously doubt they will pass out so many jerseys for free so this is probaby for new STH only.   I do love the new 6 month payment plan.  I hope that is for renewals.

I am calling the ticket office now. I got mine last year I have 2 tickets. All they gave me was a hat.

Edited by just654

So called the ticket office. This email and everything in it only will apply if you buy more tickets. The rep I got said there might be stuff coming out when invoices come out. Not sure about the 6 month payment plan for current holders has well.

I can understand not giving a jersey to every ticket holder, but I think we should all call and make sure we get at least the $50 concession credit. 

Email I just got from the Redskins. It seems 6 months to pay of the tickets is correct

As a season ticket holder, you enjoy the following benefits and more:Affordable seats with great views (seats starting as low as $69 per game**)

A home schedule featuring traditional NFC East rivals as well as the other top teams in the NFL

The non-divisional home schedule for 2014: Seattle, St Louis, Tampa, Jacksonville, Tennessee

Top teams in the NFL (besides the Seahawks)???????