Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I've already been approved for the Barclay card and should be getting it in the mail here any day now. Can't pass up interest free for six months on any ticket purchases (this year and every year thereafter), also 20% on the Redskins team store on-line..

Few questions though about the perks of the Redskins Barclay card. One of the perks says that Cardmembers show their card at the table outside Section 142 to receive a free gift. I'm curious as to what kind of gift I should be expected and would it be worth my time to stop by there prior to a game?

Also - you mention that I should move down rows and more towards the fifty whether its home or away side. I've always experienced the Redskins games on the home side and curious if I'd be losing out on any sort of experience being on the visitor side. I always end up getting dropped off by our Hotel Bus near the RV parking lot on Arena drive so the walk to the home side can be a drag especially if my Mom is coming along like she had for last years home opener.

Also - as you said if something opens in 214 would I be more likely to get preference on lower level upgrades because I would already be in the lower levels? I'm not sure how I'd like the view in the corner like that but It sure as hell can't be worse then the upper level.

Edited by SkinsFanCU07

From the upper level, I don't see much difference between the home and visitor side. I suppose there may be more visiting fans on the visitor side, but I never found it to be an issue during my 7 years in the upper level visitor side. Now on the lower level, you will find a lot more visiting team fans on the visitor side. But you will also see more opportunities for open seats on the visitor side because demand for home sideline seats is greater. I would consider where I sit based on where I arrive at the stadium to help minimize the walk

IF you get to move down to the lower level in the next couple years, you can plan on sitting in the end zone or corner endzone. There will not be any 35 yard line seats available to you. It would be like winning the Power Ball Lottery. :D Sideline seats are going to be grabbed by folks with higher seniority and better seat location than you. But you are correct, once you get into the lower level, you will have higher priority to upgrade than folks in the upper level. I moved to section 109 in the end zone, then to 108, then to 207 the last two years. I was not able to upgrade last year to better seats. Hopefully, I have better luck this year.

Personally, anywhere on the lower level is much better than the upper level. I will take my corner end zone seats over someone's 50 yard line upper level seats any day. (Others feel quite different. It is a personal choice.) You feel much more part of the crowd on the lower level. Players are closer to you. More noise, more action....I just like it better. Also, faster getaway to your car to beat the crowd. I'm on my way to PA while upper deck folks are still walking down the ramps or fighting over the escalator. Someday, I'll get to the sideline....someday......someday....... :unsure:

• Like 1

Personally, anywhere on the lower level is much better than the upper level. I will take my corner end zone seats over someone's 50 yard line upper level seats any day. (Others feel quite different. It is a personal choice.) You feel much more part of the crowd on the lower level. Players are closer to you. More noise, more action....I just like it better. Also, faster getaway to your car to beat the crowd. I'm on my way to PA while upper deck folks are still walking down the ramps or fighting over the escalator. Someday, I'll get to the sideline....someday......someday....... :unsure:

S&S, but aren't you going to have to stand all game if you're along the LL sidelines?  I know we have the debates on here about standing vs sitting, but I would think that spending $130 per seat and having to stand for every game would get kind of old.

Is there a way for season ticket holders to allow someone else to purchase their tickets from their account and have them directly mailed to that purchaser?  This would provide protection for both the purchaser and the seller.  Also, the account holder retains their season ticket rights going forward.  I was not sure if this is an option, any input is appreciated.  Thanks!

Is there a way for season ticket holders to allow someone else to purchase their tickets from their account and have them directly mailed to that purchaser?  This would provide protection for both the purchaser and the seller.  Also, the account holder retains their season ticket rights going forward.  I was not sure if this is an option, any input is appreciated.  Thanks!

Yes Ticketmaster allows you to transfer rights to your seats on a per game basis.

If you notice he's in the 200's. No being forced to stand there. That's a 100's thing.

My spokesman said it all!! LOL

My body has gotten too old to stand all game long. Yes, I do stand at reasonable and appropriate times. But as I always say in these debates, there is a reason why the seat is there. We still get the occasional one game fan who insists on standing in the first row of my section all game long. We "educate" him early on the nuance of being able to watch the entire game and yell to your heart's content in a sitting position. :lol:  Most of the time, they are passed out by the third quarter and miss a great game!

• Like 1

How much will I have to spend for a ticket to an NFC East game?

Depends on when it is, who it's against, and if there is anything on the line. If we suck you can get them dirt cheap, if it's like the NFC East champ game Griffs 1st season they were about 800 a ticket.  Chances are really cheap, but I'm hoping they become uber expensive cause that means we would be kicking butt. 

Depends on when it is, who it's against, and if there is anything on the line. If we suck you can get them dirt cheap, if it's like the NFC East champ game Griffs 1st season they were about 800 a ticket.  Chances are really cheap, but I'm hoping they become uber expensive cause that means we would be kicking butt. 

It would be an early season game.

It would be an early season game.

If you buy it early probably around or slightly above face value.  Wait till the day before the game and face or lower.  That's assuming the offseason goes with no catastrophies. 

Edited by HOF44

$800 per ticket? Good Lord. Only a fool would have done that. I remember the Dallas game 2 years ago for the NFC East Championship and lowers between the 20s were easy to find for $400  or less each the week of the game. You must mean per pair because they have never been anywhere near that high. Giants = around face value in a average year, maybe a little above. Eagles = 50% -100% above face value. Cowboys = 2-3x above face value is a good rule of thumb, at least for decent lowers.

Edited by LCA77
  • Like 1

$800 per ticket? Good Lord. I remember the Dallas game 2 years ago for the NFC East Championship and lowers between the 20s were easy to find for $400 each the week of the game.

LOL I don't know where anyone was paying $800 a ticket.  I haven't even come close including playoffs.

• Like 1

LOL I don't know where anyone was paying $800 a ticket.  I haven't even come close including playoffs.

That was the price for that game for decent LL.  I've been a season ticket holder since 2004 and that is the highest aftermarket prices I have ever seen.  Surprisingly the playoff game against Seattle the next week was dirt cheap, barely over face. Weird.

Edited by HOF44

That was the price for that game for decent LL.  I've been a season ticket holder since 2004 and that is the highest aftermarket prices I have ever seen.  Surprisingly the playoff game against Seattle the next week was dirt cheap, barely over face. Weird.

$800 each? Not sure where you looked or bought, but I bought 2 in section 142 row 11 for $400 each the Tuesday before the game when prices were high. Maybe I lucked out. People were ASKING that perhaps but they certainly weren't selling for that much, other than maybe an occasional idiot. I'm sure there were some of those out there but they were the exception. My brother bought 2 in section 102 for $375 each that week as well. It must be nice to have $800 for ONE TICKET. lol. I do remember the Seattle tickets being surprisingly cheap, even right around face value if I recall.

The Dallas game in 2012 was the highest secondary mark up I'd ever seen. I paid $300 for a single in 103 the day bf the game. That markup didn't even cover the STH's preseason cost for my seat, thus I believe I got a good deal on the biggest game Landover has ever known.

The Sea playoff game was significantly cheaper the following week. IMO this was mostly due to Seattle's small following in the DMV area. Our fans had broken their piggie banks just a week earlier. 

None of our fans should regret what they paid for the Dallas game in 2012, especially if you're under 30 years old.

Has anyone NOT received their invoice yet? I haven't.

Have you checked your account online and/or received an email saying your invoice would be arriving soon? If not, I'd call the ticket office to check. Don't want them to slip through the cracks. I've had my paper invoice for over two weeks now.

• 4 months later...

Wow, I just got a call asking me if I wanted Club Seats and they were only offering a 30% savings.  End zone (which I guess is zone D) would be $2400.   That is pretty insulting they are offering people difference prices.

So I just got a new call from the Redskins asking me if I wanted to move to the Club Level again.  This time the price was now $2196 a seat.  So basically in the last 5 months they dropped the price $204. per seat.

It's a pretty basic sales strategy used by the airlines, car dealers, housing sales, etc. You think everyone pays exactly the same price for everything? How naive. While that is generally true for small ticket items in the US, it is not true for big ticket items that have a more variable demand. For the Skins, you sell as many seats as you can for the highest price point. After a certain amount of wait time, you reduce the price to sell to people with a lower acceptable price point. You keep doing this until all seats are sold.

The only reason they do not do this in the GA seats is the demand is high enough to sell all/or almost all GA tickets at a single ticket price. Even then, there are variables in the cost of a seat based on where you sit in the stadium.

Fly coach and almost every person on the plane paid something different. Two people buy the identical car on the same day and one will pay more than the other. Happens every day in every part of our country. It's called capitalism AKA a free market economy.

Buying club seats to a pro football game is not like going down to your grocery or department store. And even they have periodic sales so that one day you pay more than if you bought the exact same thing on another day.

The longer you wait out the Redskins until opening day, the better your club seat price will be......IF they do not sell out all their remaining empty seats. And it is all negotiable. Fans have reported negotiating the price, the contract length, throw-ins like signed jerseys and footballs; access to lower level seating, etc. IF you want club seats, call an agent and make an offer.

So I just got a new call from the Redskins asking me if I wanted to move to the Club Level again.  This time the price was now $2196 a seat.  So basically in the last 5 months they dropped the price $204. per seat.

I believe the absolute lowest they will go for zone D is $1999/seat. My roommate has a 10-year contract for $1999/seat and no escalation charge per year. Hold out.