Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Really? You want to use an ESPN fan poll based on whoever voted (meaning specific number of fans per team were not polled, random interwebz users ranked the stadiums), that is specifically stated only used the last 3 years to factor in? Meaning only NFL teams that win a ton of games or have captured the casual NFL fan have the possibility of ranking in the top 10? Seriously? That entire poll is a popularity contest.

Top 10 NFL teams on the list by overall ranking After the season the Packers won the SB):

1. Green Bay Packers

2. New Orleans Saints

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Indianapolis Colts

5. Atlanta Falcons

6. Baltimore Ravens

7. New England Patriots

8. Jacksonville Jaguars

9. Kansas City Chiefs

10. Philadelphia Eagles

So the top 4 are (SURPRISE!!!) the last 4 teams to participate in the SB. Gee, I'm shocked. How the hell does that happen???

Title track is one of the 9 categories so I wouldn't be surprised that winning a title makes the fans feel like they are getting more bang for their book. Why would this surprise you?

The game day experience at Fed Ex is lacking and our fans are aware of it. I thought a nationwide ranking by ESPN was as good of a subjective method as could be found. I'm open. Show me a better one.

Edited by Rocky21

Title track is one of the 9 categories so I wouldn't be surprised that winning a title makes the fans feel like they are getting more bang for their book. Why would this surprise you?

The game day experience at Fed Ex is lacking and our fans are aware of it. I thought a nationwide ranking by ESPN was as good of a subjective method as could be found. I'm open. Show me a better one.

Here's a better one, at least as far as Fed Ex goes....

Skins came in at 28 out of 32 in this one. The Jets, playing in old Giants Stadium, came in last.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/11/01/fvi.intro/

At least we know what happened to those upper deck seats that have evaporated...lightning strike!!!

fedex.stadium.jpg

Edited by Crazy Levi

Really? You want to use an ESPN fan poll based on whoever voted (meaning specific number of fans per team were not polled, random interwebz users ranked the stadiums), that is specifically stated only used the last 3 years to factor in? Meaning only NFL teams that win a ton of games or have captured the casual NFL fan have the possibility of ranking in the top 10? Seriously? That entire poll is a popularity contest.

Top 10 NFL teams on the list by overall ranking After the season the Packers won the SB):

1. Green Bay Packers

2. New Orleans Saints

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Indianapolis Colts

5. Atlanta Falcons

6. Baltimore Ravens

7. New England Patriots

8. Jacksonville Jaguars

9. Kansas City Chiefs

10. Philadelphia Eagles

So the top 4 are (SURPRISE!!!) the last 4 teams to participate in the SB. Gee, I'm shocked. How the hell does that happen???

Jacksonville? Yeah... that just happened.

The point doesn't change, no matter what poll you use. None of the surveys are scientific. SI uses 17,000 responses. Notice they don't provide the % of each team represented in the 17,000?

And Jacksonville is so high on the list on ticket affordability ONLY. They spike to 16 in that category. Players, Coaching, and Title Track are the only reason NE cracks the top 10, as Affordability is 103. It is a popularity contest. With an affordability of 103, NE has no business in the top 10, and neither does Jacksonville.

Crazy Levi thinks Snyder is a tool. Sonny and Sam is an avowed Snyder Apologist. We get it.

According to this survey by ESPN The Redskins ranked 112 out of 122 major league sports teams in the nation in giving back to the fans in exchange for all the time, money and emotion the fans invest in them. The categories are Bang For The Buck, Fan Relations, Ownership, Affordability, Stadium Experience, Players, Coaching and Title Track.

Whether you love Snyder or not, this is unacceptable.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings/_/category/stx

I object to the characterization you write about me as a Snyder apologist. I have been a severe critic of Snyder at times. I am not defending him as a misunderstood angel. He and his staff have made many many major mistakes both on the football and non-football side. However, I do object to the character assassination by people like Dave McKenna and even Crazy Levi who continually fail to give a balance critique of things that happen involving Snyder and the Redskins. I'm only saying Snyder is not the ONLY NFL owner who charges a lot of money for tickets, parking, concessions, etc. Several owners market the hell out of their teams (Jerry Jones, for an easy example). My point is simply that people fail to compare what Snyder and the Redskins do to the rest of the league. The grass simply is not greener in all 31 other NFL franchises. Many have gone overboard beating up Dan Snyder when there is a more middle of the road, and what I believe to be a more accurate portrayal than the typical internet dumping that occurs.

Trust me....go look at some of my posts in the past. I have been highly critical of how he ran things during his first 5-7 years in particular. He ran the franchise like his own little fantasy football team with no knowledge of how to do it. He brought in bad football and business people who screwed things up quite well. He's learned. He's brought in good football people...first Joe Gibbs and now Shanahan and Bruce Allen. I think Dave Donovan started turning things around a few years ago on the customer service side and things have continued to improve with Bruce Allen's input and whoever is running the non-football side now. Just sayin' Snyder is not the horrible hack that some portray him as.

CrazyLevi is more than anti-snyder, he goes through the process of over blowing things and assigning blame to snyder when he's not to blame. I wont go as far as he makes things up, I think he just over exaggerates and falsely assigns blame.

SonnyAndSam isn't an apologist for snyder. He just corrects people when they get the facts wrong, or gloss over important details. I can see how people who hate snyder think he's an apologist, but I've yet to see him not accurately assign blame to Snyder when he deserves it.

Go read SonnyAndSam's posts. You'll understand what I'm saying. I believe I take the same stance that SonnyAndSam takes when it comes to all things Snyder - The man has screwed up so many times, and done so many awful things, that there's no need to make **** up or blame him for other's actions to further criticize him. There are plenty of valid reasons to hate him or to criticize him that to make up things is just pathetic and piling on at this point.

If you can't handle being corrected by others, then maybe you should spend some time making sure you have your facts right before you post.

Edited by tshile

I love the perspectives of the regular members in this thread. We all entertain one another.

Me too.

That's why you'll never see me going the "OK. We get it. You LOVE Snyder. You don't have to keep saying it" route.

Everybody is entitled to to their opinions, and its those opinions that give this place some flavor.

Airline peanuts.

CrazyLevi is more than anti-snyder, he goes through the process of over blowing things and assigning blame to snyder when he's not to blame. I wont go as far as he makes things up, I think he just over exaggerates and falsely assigns blame.

SonnyAndSam isn't an apologist for snyder. He just corrects people when they get the facts wrong, or gloss over important details. I can see how people who hate snyder think he's an apologist, but I've yet to see him not accurately assign blame to Snyder when he deserves it.

Go read SonnyAndSam's posts. You'll understand what I'm saying. I believe I take the same stance that SonnyAndSam takes when it comes to all things Snyder - The man has screwed up so many times, and done so many awful things, that there's no need to make **** up or blame him for other's actions to further criticize him. There are plenty of valid reasons to hate him or to criticize him that to make up things is just pathetic and piling on at this point.

If you can't handle being corrected by others, then maybe you should spend some time making sure you have your facts right before you post.

Thank you for the support. It's appreciated.

Snyder and his organization have done some pretty dumb **** during his ownership reign. But using "alleged" expired peanuts purchased by a concessionaire is just one example of the silly petty false criticisms that some people bring up. Better to stick to the real mistakes like Cerrato, obstructed view seating, firing Shottenheimer, playing GM, etc. And let's also remember the good things he has done as an owner....plowing revenue back into the players, coaches, and FedEx Field, creation of the Redskins Charitable Foundation, his own donations of millions of dollars to hospitals and charities, and customer service changes over the past 3-4 years, not to mention no increase in ticket or parking fees for 7 (8?) years.

Snyder certainly has not been a perfect owner...but he is also not the evil little man portrayed by Dave McKenna.

OK....off to the Outer Banks for vacation. Time to recharge for an exciting new year of the Washington Redskins. Let's hope this is finally the beginning of something sweet. I've been waiting ten years as a STH for things to turn around.......

Edited by SonnyandSam

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to my buddy that delivers tickets in Gaithersburg/Germantown/Rockville for Fedex, and he said nothing from the station manager yet... Usually they will have a day notice before they start coming out....

I am guessing next week, as it seems like they start delivering on a Tuesday....

We shall see

Nothing to do with the Skins tickets but I have buddy in Charlotte and they have received their ticket already. Skins tix can't be far now

unfortunately one has nothing to do with the other.

the bottom line is we have to have them before the first home preseason game. they're not far now because the first home game isn't that far away.

i don't recall being the actual ticket holder in my family the last time we had 2 straight away games to open the preseason so I have no idea if we'll get them the first week of august (as usual) or the 3rd when we play our first home game.

Just got this email:

The Washington Redskins have signed 2012 first-round draft pick, quarterback Robert Griffin III (second overall). Be here for all the action as RGIII and the rest of your Washington Redskins take the field this fall at FedExField!

Season tickets are available in the Upper Level Standing Deck for just $290 (plus tax) and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can see pictures of the Upper Level Standing Deck spaces by Clicking Here.

Just got this email:

The Washington Redskins have signed 2012 first-round draft pick, quarterback Robert Griffin III (second overall). Be here for all the action as RGIII and the rest of your Washington Redskins take the field this fall at FedExField!

Season tickets are available in the Upper Level Standing Deck for just $290 (plus tax) and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can see pictures of the Upper Level Standing Deck spaces by Clicking Here.

They've been pushing these really hard for a month. Kind of surprised but sounds like they are having trouble moving them. As cheap as they are I guess people like having seats. I wonder if they will open these Sales up to the general public. Or have they already done this?

Edited by Crazy Levi

They've been pushing these really hard for a month. Kind of surprised but sounds like they are having trouble moving them. As cheap as they are I guess people like having seats. I wonder if they will open these Sales up to the general public. Or have they already done this?

Kind of surprised????

If you follow the thread you shouldn't be surprised.

Kind of sad if anything. They are opening up easier entrance to opposing fans.

Kind of surprised????

If you follow the thread you shouldn't be surprised.

Kind of sad if anything. They are opening up easier entrance to opposing fans.

So are these open for sale to the public yet or just season ticket holder?

And yes, at that price I am surprised they are having trouble moving them.