Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

They've been pushing these really hard for a month. Kind of surprised but sounds like they are having trouble moving them. As cheap as they are I guess people like having seats. I wonder if they will open these Sales up to the general public. Or have they already done this?

What makes you think they are having trouble moving the SRO tickets? The email they sent out a month ago was to STHs. STHs got first shot but they are least likely to buy the tickets because they have seats. Now it sounds like they may be opening it up to anyone. I am not aware of any advertising other than the STH email. How is that "pushing hard"? Why do you always have to assume the negative on every thing the Redskins do?

I think SRO will sell well for big games (read: prime time, or division games, or when a big opponent comes like the steelers)

they'll probably be mostly empty otherwise.

I just don't think anyone is going to pay full price for them. upper level seats sell for 29$ in the parking lot, why would you buy SRO for that?

if i had more friends who went on a regular basis I'd pick up a 2 or 3 to tack onto my season ticket package. but i don't. hopefully that'll change (hopefully the team will get better)

Edited by tshile

I'm still worried that I'll have problems getting two more seats next year. I currently have two Clubs and two in the lowers. I want to drop the Clubs (this is the last year of my contract) and add two more in the lowers to my account so I have 4 together. I'm not sure how to best go about working that out and I'm afraid I'll be stuck with only two seats next year. Especially if the team does well.

I'm still worried that I'll have problems getting two more seats next year. I currently have two Clubs and two in the lowers. I want to drop the Clubs (this is the last year of my contract) and add two more in the lowers to my account so I have 4 together. I'm not sure how to best go about working that out and I'm afraid I'll be stuck with only two seats next year. Especially if the team does well.

If all else fails consider the terrace seating. A buddy of mine picked up 10 yard line row 15 in the 200 terrace this year. Better seats than mine. Just keep an eye out for the invites going out.

I think SRO will sell well for big games (read: prime time, or division games, or when a big opponent comes like the steelers)

they'll probably be mostly empty otherwise.

I just don't think anyone is going to pay full price for them. upper level seats sell for 29$ in the parking lot, why would you buy SRO for that?

if i had more friends who went on a regular basis I'd pick up a 2 or 3 to tack onto my season ticket package. but i don't. hopefully that'll change (hopefully the team will get better)

I think most SRO ticket sales will be for individual games and not as season tickets.

We signed up for the automatic upgrade option and they moved us up from row 17 to row 14 and over a section so that we are technically sideline not endzone any more an it cost us $1200 more for 4 tickets. Absolutely ridiculous when i can spit from my old seats to my new ones. At least I should have been offered lower level tickets or something instead for what we had to pay!

Edited by LaxBuddy21

I think most SRO ticket sales will be for individual games and not as season tickets.

Have they made it official that SRO's will be sold on a single game basis?

---------- Post added July-26th-2012 at 06:43 PM ----------

We signed up for the automatic upgrade option and they moved us up from row 17 to row 14 and over a section so that we are technically sideline not endzone any more an it cost us $1200 more for 4 tickets. Absolutely ridiculous when i can spit from my old seats to my new ones. At least I should have been offered lower level tickets or something instead for what we had to pay!

Call in to negotiate a better location. You may not get lower level this late in the offseason, but you can probably move back to your former price zone. The TO has done nothing wrong bc you agreed to be relocated, so you can't really play that angle. However, this doesn't mean you can't tell them you won't renew next year. It's a buyer's market and the customer should have the upper hand IMO. Treat it like your cable bill.

well the price point changes at row 16. row 17 is the lowest you can go before you changed into the new price point. it's always a risk you'll not move very far when you go into the next pricing zone and it litterally starts at the row in front of you. that said, it sounds like they tried to make it a bit better by moving you over a section as well.

call the ticket office, be polite and explain your frustration and see if someone can help you out. don't lose it on the phone, if you don't like the answer hang up and call back in an hour. how well they deal with you kind of depends on who picks up the phone.

Yep. Price goes up in row 15. But it is just $300 more per seat. You have to know what you are getting into before you agree to an upgrade

Call in to negotiate a better location. You may not get lower level this late in the offseason, but you can probably move back to your former price zone. The TO has done nothing wrong bc you agreed to be relocated, so you can't really play that angle. However, this doesn't mean you can't tell them you won't renew next year. It's a buyer's market and the customer should have the upper hand IMO. Treat it like your cable bill.

well the price point changes at row 16. row 17 is the lowest you can go before you changed into the new price point. it's always a risk you'll not move very far when you go into the next pricing zone and it litterally starts at the row in front of you. that said, it sounds like they tried to make it a bit better by moving you over a section as well.

call the ticket office, be polite and explain your frustration and see if someone can help you out. don't lose it on the phone, if you don't like the answer hang up and call back in an hour. how well they deal with you kind of depends on who picks up the phone.

Yep. Price goes up in row 15. But it is just $300 more per seat. You have to know what you are getting into before you agree to an upgrade

I tried talking to them but there wasnt anything I could do. Its just frustrating that the corner of the endzone is the same price as 50 yard line, is more expensive than the lower level obstructed (I asked for these as well) and just barely cheaper than the lower level. I was really nice about it but we were really frustrated because of the large increase and the very slight movement for that increase. It will be nice the next couple of years if we slowly move towards the 50 and up because it shouldnt cost us any more but it is frustrating now. I told them we were strongly considering not renewing next year and they didnt really seem to care. Oh well. Live and learn it just sucks for now.

Why do you always have to assume the negative on every thing the Redskins do?

I will see your rhetorical question - which you seem to answer every single one of my posts with - and raise you one.

Why do you always assume I'm being negative? There is NOTHING negative in my post. At $29, I think those SRO tickets - as crappy as they are - are a good deal, and I clearly stated I'M SURPRISED that they aren't selling.

Bonus rhetorical question: Do you read all my posts, and if so, can you really not find any that don't contain "negative assumptions?" And if not, would like me to provide you with some, so that you can see I do not always assume negative things about our beloved Redskins?

Bonus bonus rhetorical question: Is there any way I can get you to stop asking me rhetorical questions all the time?

Edited by Crazy Levi

I will see your rhetorical question - which you seem to answer every single one of my posts with - and raise you one.

Why do you always assume I'm being negative? There is NOTHING negative in my post. At $29, I think those SRO tickets - as crappy as they are - are a good deal, and I clearly stated I'M SURPRISED that they aren't selling.

Bonus rhetorical question: Do you read all my posts, and if so, can you really not find any that don't contain "negative assumptions?" And if not, would like me to provide you with some, so that you can see I do not always assume negative things about our beloved Redskins?

Bonus bonus rhetorical question: Is there any way I can get you to stop asking me rhetorical questions all the time?

Well, let's look at the FULL quote I responded to.

They've been pushing these really hard for a month. Kind of surprised but sounds like they are having trouble moving them. As cheap as they are I guess people like having seats. I wonder if they will open these Sales up to the general public. Or have they already done this?

"Pushing these really hard for a month"......based on what? A single email sent to some STHs? I'm a STH and I never got the email. So how many were contacted? You follow this assumption up with you are "surprised" "they are having trouble moving them." Your proof? Exactly how do you know they are having trouble selling the tickets? You ASSUME they are having trouble with no facts to back up your assumption. You have assumed there is a problem with no proof. Sounds negative to me.

I do not read all your posts....just those in threads I read. Your posts are regularly critical of anything Dan Snyder or the Redskins do. You cannot with a straight face tell me that you often complement Snyder or the Skins. Even in your response to me you describe the SROs as "crappy". In your original post, you never said they were "a good deal". I would not want them either, but I can see people shelling out $29 to watch the Cowboys or Eagles or Giants. Lots of Skins fans post on ES all the time they want to stand all game long....here's their chance.

I admit this was not a very negative post as compared to many of your posts. I suppose it was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

A year or so ago, I blocked your posts because of your excessive negative posts that irritated me. I unblocked you a few months ago. I guess I should go back to blocking your posts. I've been a member of ES for over 8 years and only ever blocked one person....you. Let's also remember the mods have warned you and taken away your thread starting rights in the past. So you have a history and reputation for negative posting.

So, if I don't respond to any of your posts in the future, it was to avoid the aggravation for both of us. I read this message board because of my passion for the Redskins. Not to be brought down.

HTTR

Edited by SonnyandSam

There's plenty of single game, SRO tickets on Stubhub right now. Reasonably listed ticket prices average out at about $50 per game. The Tampa game in August is as low as $2.95.

Looks like the TO is posting these on SH. I base that assumption on the facts that these tickets just became available very recently, coupled with the mild interest seen around here following the TO's email offers. There's just no way that many people have snatched up SRO STs only to put them right on SH. Breaking even will be a challenge IMO.

There's plenty of single game, SRO tickets on Stubhub right now. Reasonably listed ticket prices average out at about $50 per game. The Tampa game in August is as low as $2.95.

Looks like the TO is posting these on SH. I base that assumption on the facts that these tickets just became available very recently, coupled with the mild interest seen around here following the TO's email offers. There's just no way that many people have snatched up SRO STs only to put them right on SH. Breaking even will be a challenge IMO.

Yep. Anybody with half a brain would see this stuff as evidence that they are having trouble selling the SRO tickets.

I would assume they planned on having a hard time selling the UL SRO tickets. After all they couldn't sell the seats. The point was to keep the skins from having to pay out for unused seats to avoid a blackout. The SRO seats have accomplished this, sold or not as they are not counted as regular general admission seats by the league.

Edited by HOF44

Well Levi, I think it sort of ties into my long term theory about ticket sales numbers not really mattering in this day and age. I wouldn't really call it "trouble" for the Redskins. Trouble to me is when an owner threatens or exercises blackouts to sell tickets, and that will never happen here IMO.

There's a lot of rich people out there who have multiple vacation homes and a collection of exotic cars. Some of those millionaires leave their houses and cars on the market for long periods of time due to their high asking prices. The sellers aren't pressed to make the sale, but if the right offer comes in they'll sell. In the mean time, they don't worry about it. I think it’s kind of the same deal with many of the high priced listings on SH, whether its individual sellers, brokers, or ticket offices using the site.

Snyder and the TO probably don't worry much about these SRO tickets selling or not selling. If a sucker wants to pay $50 a ticket for SRO, well then great! But if not, why worry? It’s not worth lowering prices across the board to sell every seat. We've seen the same thing happen in the club level for years. Eventually, most of the game tickets trickle down to consumers at true market value, whether it’s above or below the Redskins asking price. I expect many of these SROs to be given away as perks to premium account holders and comps team sponsors.

Well Levi, I think it sort of ties into my long term theory about ticket sales numbers not really mattering in this day and age. I wouldn't really call it "trouble" for the Redskins. Trouble to me is when an owner threatens or exercises blackouts to sell tickets, and that will never happen here IMO.

The only problem I see with this system is that it's yet another kick in the nards to season ticket holders.

Not only are you competing against other STHs when you need to unload tickets, now you are competing with the Redskins themselves, who continue to flood the market with cheap tickets. We saw it last year in the loge.

are the SRO tickets available as a season ticket package? I thought when they were originally advertised they included club level access, is that still the case?

The upper level SROs probably can still be had for a $290 season price, but highly doubt those have club level access.

Not sure whether the club level SROs, which obviously have club access, are offered as season tickets. However, I seem to recall the Skins asking price for them was like $150 per game, and they could be had on the secondary market sites for the Cardinals game last season for as low as $15.

FYI the threshold of tickets per parking pass is 4.

You can only get 1 parking pass for every 4 tickets. Which sucks, I need a green parking pass if anyone knows someone selling them (other than the postings on craigslist for 600$)