Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Ok, well that stinks, I emailed the ticket office to find out if when they did the seat moves they took into acco**** the 3 other comparable sections (428, 401 or 454) they said no, They said next year I need to call and specifically state I'd like to be moved down but will settle for any of the 4 midfield sections rather then just saying move me lower in my current section.

Ok, well that stinks, I emailed the ticket office to find out if when they did the seat moves they took into acco**** the 3 other comparable sections (428, 401 or 454) they said no, They said next year I need to call and specifically state I'd like to be moved down but will settle for any of the 4 midfield sections rather then just saying move me lower in my current section.

Yeah, the upgrade process is software driven so when your name pops up, it looks to the next section nearest the 50 yard line to see if seats in your general row area are available. Not sure how they handle special requests such as you are asking to be considered for comparable locations or my situation where I asked to be "downgraded" from section 108 to the 200 level. They put me in section 207. But I had also asked to be sent down the other side of the sideline but still on the home side. I only got half my request. I have to say, I have had a special seat request along with the auto upgrade program on my account for two of the three years and they were able to give me something that met my request.

I know the results are frustrating for some but only a few years ago, some people never got upgraded ever for years while new STHs got assigned better seats or folks who called the TO got major upgrades if they got the right agent; and there was no one upgrading to the lower level. Not perfect but it is better than it was.

The only thing bugging me right now based on what we are reading/being reported is the buy club seats for one or two years to make you eligible for sideline LL seats. I thought that scam was behind us but it seems alive and well. I understand from the money standpoint why the Skins/Danny are doing that. The club seat revenue is 100% Danny's where he has to share 34% of the GA seat revenue with the visiting team. Until the team improves enough and the economy takes off, these kinds of club seat deals are going to continue.

Edited by SonnyandSam

The only thing bugging me right now based on what we are reading/being reported is the buy club seats for one or two years to make you eligible for sideline LL seats. I thought that scam was behind us but it seems alive and well. I understand from the money standpoint why the Skins/Danny are doing that. The club seat revenue is 100% Danny's where he has to share 34% of the GA seat revenue with the visiting team. Until the team improves enough and the economy takes off, these kinds of club seat deals are going to continue.

It almost seems pointless to move to the LL when they are offering these deals. If your goal is to get to the LL midfield; it wont happen. most likely you'll make your way around the corner and get stuck at the 10 yard line while all these other club owner cash in on this deal. it would make more sense to lower the club seats a bit more and not offer this deal.

It almost seems pointless to move to the LL when they are offering these deals. If your goal is to get to the LL midfield; it wont happen. most likely you'll make your way around the corner and get stuck at the 10 yard line while all these other club owner cash in on this deal. it would make more sense to lower the club seats a bit more and not offer this deal.

But then you have to lower the price for everyone in those sections. Creating sweetheart deals like the LL upgrade option only pisses a few of us off here on the message board where we share information. MOST STHs (GA or premium) have no clue what is really going on with the details of seat assignments.

I have no illusions of ever sitting on the 50 yard line in the LL. I would be quite happy at the 10-20 yard line at some point. I started on the goal line UL. Now I'm corner end zone LL and quite happy. Corner end zone are even less desirable than end zone IMHO; but it is still better than my UL seats in row 5 were. Of course, I WANT to move to the sideline......

Half the teams in the NFL now have PSLs and the cost of buying someone's PSL in the LL means that you would always be in the upper deck. So Skins fans don't have it as bad as a lot of fans around the NFL. We are fortunate that JKC refused to go the PSL route when it was the new and popular thing for stadium financing. It gave us 25 years of no PSLs.

Now if all those rich DMV people would start buying club seats at full price, some of us could move over to the sideline!

Problem is....a lot of that wealth is now in the hands of Asians, Indians and other foreign people who have no vested interest in the Redskins or NFL football. I'm still amazed when I step inside a mall like Tysons Corner....I feel like I'm visiting the United Nations; and I definitely feel like I'm in the minority (speaking as a white male). And before I get flamed by someone.....I'm just making an observation compared to 35+ years ago when I grew up in NOVA. Not saying there is anything wrong about folks from other countries moving to or living in the USA. That' s how we became a great country. The area always had a lot of money; it has just changed hands some.

Edited by SonnyandSam

I agree that the TO appears to have stopped upgrading people inside the 15 yard lines without a special club deal or some other extenuating circumstance. I was very happy to make the turn off the corner last year to nice side-of-the-endzone seats in section 126, but progress has halted this year. No upgrade yet. I have a set of 3 tickets together with a buddy, and pretty good seniority.

My theory isn't really drawn from my own experience (reinforced by, yes, but not based on). It's more that this is an active board and no one has ever posted auto upgrades within the 15's, to my knowledge.

Ticket office, if you're reading this, feel free to use me as an example to prove the theory wrong. I promise I wouldn't mind at all.

Edited by Cameron

I agree that the TO appears to have stopped upgrading people inside the 15 yard lines without a special club deal or some other extenuating circumstance. I was very happy to make the turn off the corner last year to nice side-of-the-endzone seats in section 126, but progress has halted this year. No upgrade yet. I have a set of 3 tickets together with a buddy, and pretty good seniority.

My theory isn't really drawn from my own experience (reinforced by, yes, but not based on). It's more that this is an active board and no one has ever posted auto upgrades within the 15's, to my knowledge.

Ticket office, if you're reading this, feel free to use me as an example to prove the theory wrong. I promise I wouldn't mind at all.

DButz65 and SkinsNatsFan were upgraded to some pretty sweet sideline seats in the last couple years. I believe they were between the 30's. But is is very rare.

Edited by HOF44

I wanted to let yall know I did get the offer for moving to the sideline in 2013....

Basically I have to excerise my option by Jan 31 2013, stating in a letter I want to get sideline seats between the 20's.....

If they arent able to move all 4 together, i stay in the club at lower level price... not a bad gig if they cant move me.... :)

I wanted to let yall know I did get the offer for moving to the sideline in 2013....

Basically I have to excerise my option by Jan 31 2013, stating in a letter I want to get sideline seats between the 20's.....

If they arent able to move all 4 together, i stay in the club at lower level price... not a bad gig if they cant move me.... :)

And that did happen to a few people a couple years ago. I remember posts from folks who took the club seat route and got "stuck" in the club seats for at least one year at the LL price. It really is a sweet deal if you got that one time lump of cash.....kind of like an inexpensive PSL now that I think about it. Just think, you are paying about $4,500 for 4 LL seats when a PSL for those seats in other NFL stadiums would cost $40-100,000. NOW it really is a sweet deal. :)

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 05:58 PM ----------

DButz65 and SkinsNatsFan were upgraded to some pretty sweet sideline seats in the last couple years. I believe they were between the 30's. But is is very rare.

And every time SkinsNatsFan complains about not getting upgraded from the 40 yard line to the 50 yard line, I want to :redpunch:: him upside the head ;). We'll see if he's awake........:silly:

:) Only if you can catch me you old geezer!

I was upgraded from Sect 139 to Sect 141 in 2009. I believe that was the year before the auto upgrades started, but I'm not sure about that.

There's a reason I park in the handicapped/disabled/old fart parking lot! :evilg:

Glad to see you are still lurking....

Edited by SonnyandSam

Just got a letter in the mail today about my seat upgrade, so I was able to finally see what seat #s I got, looks like I got Aisle seats, it says seats 1 and 2. Anyone know if those are closer to the 50 or the 45?

Edited by Howie411

I am done! I will always be a Skins fan, but I will not renew my tickets next year. I renewed my UL tickets this year with the TO telling me that I would have an excellent chance to be upgraded closer to the 50. I was just told on Friday no UL upgade for me. :mad:My seats are sec 430, row 3. I know are pretty good 30yd line seats, but I was hoping for a move over. I know this is not the place to put my ticket up for sale, but if anyone wants an entire season with Green parking they can have it for 1,400.00. This is a savings 700.00 dollars below cost. I will be partnering up with someone that has awesome LL tickets and will go to two games a year from now on, which is just right. :)

I am done! I will always be a Skins fan, but I will not renew my tickets next year. I renewed my UL tickets this year with the TO telling me that I would have an excellent chance to be upgraded closer to the 50. I was just told on Friday no UL upgade for me. :mad:My seats are sec 430, row 3. I know are pretty good 30yd line seats, but I was hoping for a move over. I know this is not the place to put my ticket up for sale, but if anyone wants an entire season with Green parking they can have it for 1,400.00. This is a savings 700.00 dollars below cost. I will be partnering up with someone that has awesome LL tickets and will go to two games a year from now on, which is just right. :)

They do sound like good seats and there probably aren't a whole lot that open up closer to the 50 down that low. How long have you had season tickets and what is your history with upgrades? My understanding is you don't get upgraded every year, but if you don't get upgraded this year, then you have a much better chance of getting upgraded next year.

They do sound like good seats and there probably aren't a whole lot that open up closer to the 50 down that low. How long have you had season tickets and what is your history with upgrades? My understanding is you don't get upgraded every year, but if you don't get upgraded this year, then you have a much better chance of getting upgraded next year.

To be honest I did get a nice upgrade last year,but I was not going to renew this year until the TO office kinda of indicated I would get to move over. That said, they have been fair in the past. Just frustrated a little bit!

Upgraded from row 7 to row 1 in the upper endzone. Right above the goal post. For me, couldn't be happier. Some like the sidelines, I love watching the plays develope from that angle. And you know what... No one can stand in front of me ever again. Went to the lower level for a game 2 years ago and hated it, everyone seems to think they have to stand the entire game. Watched most of the game on the big screen. Never moving til I die or hit the lotto.HTTR!!!!!!!!!

To be honest I did get a nice upgrade last year,but I was not going to renew this year until the TO office kinda of indicated I would get to move over. That said, they have been fair in the past. Just frustrated a little bit!

I know how you feel. I almost wonder what percentage of people are more pissed off with the auto-upgrade process than not knowing. Last year, I wasn't auto-upgraded as a 7-yr sth from sec 432 row 16. I had requested moving closer to midfield. They told me that since I was in row 16 they didn't move me because they couldn't move me into one section over in that same row and lower would be a price difference. If I recall right, I even had asked to move back if needed. I eventually got row 24 in section 453, which was just empty after upgrades. I was told I'd have a very good chance of moving over since I had more seniority than the other first years around me. This time, I thought I knew their tricks so instead of just asking to move closer to midfield, I said I'd be willing to go to a higher price level to do it. So, they upgraded me to the higher price level and I didn't get closer to midfield!! When I called to complain again, I got nowhere, but they did agree to refund my full payment if I wanted and cancel my tickets. I probably should have done that but decided against it. I am a diehard fan and irrationally was in tears thinking of canceling. Gosh, I am in such an abusive relationship with the Redskins. Anyway, call them and see if you can get a refund. I had to get to the auto-upgrade supervisor to get the offer.

I don't get this sense of entitlement that some of you have. The Redskins clearly state that an upgrade is not guaranteed. The auto upgrade software and manual process attempts to work with your preferences as you have stated. If there are no seat openings near your current row in the section next to you, then how the hell are they supposed to move you to a new seat? It is common knowledge that as you move near the 50 yard line that fewer and fewer seats open up; and it's worse on the home side than the visitor side. We have a shiny new QB that has created a lot of enthusiasm and hope which likely encouraged a lot of STHs to retain their seats.

I understand the frustration. Lots of people want to sit on the 50 yard line. But then it is that demand for those seats that means that fewer seats are available. Some of us need to grow up and get a little reasonable.

I don't get this sense of entitlement that some of you have. The Redskins clearly state that an upgrade is not guaranteed. The auto upgrade software and manual process attempts to work with your preferences as you have stated. If there are no seat openings near your current row in the section next to you, then how the hell are they supposed to move you to a new seat? It is common knowledge that as you move near the 50 yard line that fewer and fewer seats open up; and it's worse on the home side than the visitor side. We have a shiny new QB that has created a lot of enthusiasm and hope which likely encouraged a lot of STHs to retain their seats.

I understand the frustration. Lots of people want to sit on the 50 yard line. But then it is that demand for those seats that means that fewer seats are available. Some of us need to grow up and get a little reasonable.

Wow, a little harsh. I agree with some of what you are saying I just do not like the TO hinting to the fact I would get the upgrade I was looming for if I renewed and paid by a certain date. I had every intention of not renewing this year, but thinking I could get closer to the 50 was why I did. I also know of people who moved down in 50 yd line sections, which means there were some openings. Since moving over within certain rows is a manual process you end up being at the whim of whomever may be looking at your notes or not. So in other words you have to know someone or get lucky. They actually told me that I should pay even earlier next year so I will better my chances. I paid according to their time table this year. I only see it harder to upgrade next year because RG3 is going to rock! Anyway, I only think some us feel entitled because we know some of the games played by the TO to make more money, which is their job. UL to LL, UL row 15 and higher to a lower row, 2 years club so you can jump to great sideline LL seats. See the pattern. Upgrades are more easily give if it means any price increase. If it is just a move without any change in price there is no real motivation for the TO to grant it, even though I do see this happen some.

I think overall the auto upgrade has been done pretty fairly the last couple years, much to my dislike. :silly: I was much better at getting good upgrades when the ticket office was much less structured. Now they are not as easy to influence or just get the right person and get what you want.

I think overall the auto upgrade has been done pretty fairly the last couple years, much to my dislike. :silly: I was much better at getting good upgrades when the ticket office was much less structured. Now they are not as easy to influence or just get the right person and get what you want.

Overall I agree.