Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Entering my 7th year as a STH. Quick question. Does the Redskins have a specific charity to donate unused tickets too, espcially for pre-season games?

Yes please send them to the

Sizzla3000 fund for the greedy

6547 Dan Snyder drive.

Raljon MD 90210

Thanks

Entering my 7th year as a STH. Quick question. Does the Redskins have a specific charity to donate unused tickets too, espcially for pre-season games?

My Brother in Law - former Ravens season ticket holder - said that his preseason games actually came with a postage-paid envelope charity you could donate the tickets to, with a receipt for tax write off. They weren't even pretending they weren't worthless. Would be interested in if the Skins did the same thing.

So, if the Redskins offer Club Seats for "half" price, does one get to use the "full" price of the ticket for the charitable deduction? In other words, if I buy a $500 Zone A Club seat for $250, do I claim a $500 deduction or $250 deduction when the ticket is given to a charity? On one hand, my basis is, in fact, $250. On the other hand, the Redskins are calling these $500 seats sold for half price. I know there is a tax guru out there who is just dying to address this...

For the record, I don't have Club Seats -- just curious if anyone has considered this.

I cannot cite a specific reg off the top of my head, but there is no way you would be allowed to claim a deduction for the donation of property at twice what you paid for it.

So, if the Redskins offer Club Seats for "half" price, does one get to use the "full" price of the ticket for the charitable deduction? In other words, if I buy a $500 Zone A Club seat for $250, do I claim a $500 deduction or $250 deduction when the ticket is given to a charity? On one hand, my basis is, in fact, $250. On the other hand, the Redskins are calling these $500 seats sold for half price. I know there is a tax guru out there who is just dying to address this...

For the record, I don't have Club Seats -- just curious if anyone has considered this.

I don't believe there is a "face" value for premium seating. It is done by contract. You would be allowed to deduct the amount allowed by your contract or amount paid. Do your tickets havea price printed on them? If not I don't think they can have a face value.

I don't believe there is a "face" value for premium seating. It is done by contract. You would be allowed to deduct the amount allowed by your contract or amount paid. Do your tickets havea price printed on them? If not I don't think they can have a face value.

Correct. Last year, my club seats did not have a printed value on the ticket. This is because all the club seats are different prices depending on the specific contract and lots of club owners would be irate if they knew what their neighbor just signed a deal for.

Is it me or does it seem like they are over selling the Green B lot? or is it that bad that they couldnt sell them? I asked for any parking pass last year (4th year STH) and they didnt give them to me. This year they are giving them to new STH people?

On that note... When is the Tracking Number watch! I am ready to get my tickets!

Is it me or does it seem like they are over selling the Green B lot? or is it that bad that they couldnt sell them? I asked for any parking pass last year (4th year STH) and they didnt give them to me. This year they are giving them to new STH people?

On that note... When is the Tracking Number watch! I am ready to get my tickets!

They've ripped out thousands of seats. I think they just have some extra parking from that.

as for the tracking number/tickets. last week of July you should start to hear something. I imagine we'll get our tickets the week of the first preseason game.

I imagine we'll get our tickets the week of the first preseason game.

That's a holiday in my house. My brother and cousins all come over and we sit around like nerds and look at the tickets. That scene from "Fever Pitch" is totally accurate with men and their sports teams. I always laugh when I see it.

People have reported that the TO is saying the employees who used to park in Green B lot are being shipped out to the Gray lot to make room for season ticket holders. It may be full, but I highly doubt they would "oversell" the parking spaces. That would just be setting themselves up for huge headaches during the season and major criticism.

People have reported that the TO is saying the employees who used to park in Green B lot are being shipped out to the Gray lot to make room for season ticket holders. It may be full, but I highly doubt they would "oversell" the parking spaces. That would just be setting themselves up for huge headaches during the season and major criticism.

I'm also hoping that they've been working on a better exit strategy for the post-game rush. Not too familiar with the parking lots, as I normally park in my special spot off-site, but would that line of thinking be consistent with these changes?

the best thing they could do is build walk ways down the middle of the parking lots, separating them in half.

then get rid of the walkways going down the roads.

the backup getting out is caused by fans crossing the entrances/exits to the lots blocking traffic. they don't listen to the people directing traffic either.

Just got this email. At least they communicated and let me know.

Due to high renewals for the 2012 season, we were unable to accommodate your upgrade request. We look forward to being able to upgrade you in future seasons.

Your season ticket package will be shipped via FedEx the first week of August. If you have any questions, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 or by email at tickets@redskins.com.

We look forward to seeing you at FedExField this fall! Thank you, and

Hail to the Redskins!!!

I'm also hoping that they've been working on a better exit strategy for the post-game rush. Not too familiar with the parking lots, as I normally park in my special spot off-site, but would that line of thinking be consistent with these changes?

I think anyone who was present will tell you there was a big difference in the postgame traffic after the 12/30/07 Cowboys game (91,000 people there) versus the 12/12/10 Bucs game (66,000). Traffic and stadium access has been slowly improving over the past few years. Hopefully the reduction in stadium capacity will help too.

I think anyone who was present will tell you there was a big difference in the postgame traffic after the 12/30/07 Cowboys game (91,000 people there) versus the 12/12/10 Bucs game (66,000). Traffic and stadium access has been slowly improving over the past few years. Hopefully the reduction in stadium capacity will help too.

I remember that Cowboys game. I sat in my parking spot for three hours before I even pulled out. It probably saved quite a few cats around me from DUI's as well as more than one of them were borderline.

As E33Green said, traffic has improved over the years. Leaving via Morgan Blvd is far better than using Redskins Road or Arena Blvd. And there are more parking attendants attempting to hold back pedestrian traffic so cars can go. But when you have than many people leaving all at once, it is simply a cluster ****....no way to water it down. Best solution is either a quick getaway if you sit on the lower level or to tailgate after the game. Driving towards DC and using 295 is the best way to avoid the Beltway traffic. Otherwise, there is really not a lot you can do if you want to stay until the end of the game. It is what it is....and is a similar problem at every NFL stadium.

JKC and his architects just did a horrible job of planning the parking and pedestrian access. The lack of mass transit closer to the stadium does not help either. For a stadium that size, pedestrian subways or overpasses would have helped enormously.

---------- Post added July-10th-2012 at 12:16 PM ----------

Just got this email. At least they communicated and let me know.

One more positive step forward for the TO. An email response about the lack of an upgrade shows they are getting more professional and willing to inform the fans....even if it is bad news.

Got the same email a couple of minutes ago. Let's hope this a good omen that RG3 and the Skins will start winning on a consistant basis. Here's prying that those on the ST waiting list; will have to wait at least a decade or more before being eligible for GA STs.

Hail to the Redskins! Hail Victory!