Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Nice move Chess. I believe you are the first we've ever read of landing LL GAs bt the 20s. For just one year in the clubs, you got the best deal I've ever seen here.

Where are your club seats? Did you specify home or visiting side for your GAs next year?

Well I am seats 21-24 and 24 is an aisle... i am in section 337 which isnt horrible IMO..... Came out to actually 190.25 a ticket....

He said that he would put in a request to get me on Home side, but the only way to guarantee to get home side was to get Zone A of club which I wasnt going to dish out that kind of money for 1 seaon...

---------- Post added June-21st-2012 at 09:21 PM ----------

ABUSE the perks offered by the Club. Pester them to provide you an RG3 autographed jersey for each seat you own (they will likely give in eventually). Try to get VIP passes to each TC session, and demand a TC tour of Redskins park. Attend EVERY event they offer. Take the free tours of FedEx Field.

They will cater to you this year HOPING you will fall in love with the club. Which, I must admit, is easy as hell to do when the hot games of Aug/Sep/Oct can be brutal in GA and MUCH more tolerable with easy access to AC for every TV timeout. Same with cold games, TV timeouts just walk in and warm up to rally back. DO NOT go to Hooters. If you do, it will be the. Worst. Hooters. Ever.

I did the 3 year club for a deep discount (Zone A 340, row 11, seats 5-6 aisle) to move from last row of the UL (404, row 29, seats 23-24) to the LL (111, row 20, seats 9-10-11). My 3 tickets in LL are less than half what I paid for 2 in Club. And the guy I sat next to in the club, it chapped his ass when he found out I was paying less for 2 seats than he was for 1.

Enjoy the year, and take advantage of the perks. They are working to sell you on staying beyond this year.

Will they do offers for me or do I need to call and ask etc. ??

---------- Post added June-21st-2012 at 09:22 PM ----------

I was just offered the opportunity to pick up two addition Dream Seats for a discounted price. I guess their not selling as well as they would like.

What kind of price if you dont mind me asking !?

Just got mine! Stayed in section 401 ( I love this section). Went from row 18 seats 21,22 to row 11 seats 15,16.

Comes to an extra $330 but I'm happy with it. Will look to go LL in 4-5 years.

Nice! How long have you been a season ticket holder?

I'm steaming again and not from the heat. I asked to move closer to the 50 from section 453 row 24, but said I'd also move down and pay more in the new section, and third preference was move down in my section. Guess what I got? Yup, pay more, same section. STH for 7 years. With all the LL upgrades I was thinking for sure I'd get 454 or 401. Sigh.

I'm steaming again and not from the heat. I asked to move closer to the 50 from section 453 row 24, but said I'd also move down and pay more in the new section, and third preference was move down in my section. Guess what I got? Yup, pay more, same section. STH for 7 years. With all the LL upgrades I was thinking for sure I'd get 454 or 401. Sigh.

I've had ST for 4 years now. The first season, I was in either 411 or 412 and was then moved to the last row of 401. This is my second move in the same section. You should call the TO and see what you can negotiate.

Just checked and my new seats are listed too. Went from 427 row 15, to 427 Row 13. Would have been nice to move down more then 2 rows, but I guess staying on the 45-50 yard line my options were limited. It doesnt list my seat #s though.

Why are you steamed? You got an upgrade lower in your section on the 30-40 yard line. Seats near the 50 do not open up that often. A lot of guys want to be on the 50 yard line and refuse to be "upgraded" to the end zone on the lower level. I don't know what row you are in but the view below row 15 is FAR superior to seats above row 15. I think you'll appreciate the 10+ row upgrade. Players will appear much closer and binoculars are not a requirement.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 09:14 AM ----------

Congratulations to all the first time STHs (season ticket holders). It's fun watching the Redskins with 80,000 of your closest buddies :) Start collecting your tailgate gear now. And congrats to all those who got upgrades. Enjoy them while they last because as the Skins start winning, fewer seats are going to come available.....well....unless we get another recession....

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 09:15 AM ----------

Just got my seat assignment:

Section 452, row 29, seats 12 - 15.

September cannot get here fast enough!

First home preseason game is August 25. Be there to see RG3 dueling Andrew Luck!

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 09:17 AM ----------

I've had ST for 4 years now. The first season, I was in either 411 or 412 and was then moved to the last row of 401. This is my second move in the same section. You should call the TO and see what you can negotiate.

If it was 4 years ago, that was before the auto upgrade program began. Rules and process have changed since then.

I was just offered the opportunity to pick up two addition Dream Seats for a discounted price. I guess their not selling as well as they would like.

Good... those seats are garbage, for most the part.

Start collecting your tailgate gear now. And congrats to all those who got upgrades.

We need to start a tailgate gear thread.... Not sure the mods would want it in this forum though. Maybe the general forum? Because I need some places to order some new gear from...

First home preseason game is August 25. Be there to see RG3 dueling Andrew Luck!

Oh man am I hoping that game allows me to sell my preseason tickets for full price... people wanting to see this game make me lol. it's a preseason game :)

Oh man am I hoping that game allows me to sell my preseason tickets for full price... people wanting to see this game make me lol. it's a preseason game :)

I want to see every game, pre-season or not... how could you want to miss the first sighting of our FUTURE, whether its preseason or not... its still fun to go to the game

I want to see every game, pre-season or not... how could you want to miss the first sighting of our FUTURE, whether its preseason or not... its still fun to go to the game

Oh don't get me wrong, i enjoy them. I went to the two preseason games last year.

I normally go to preseason because you can't sell them for anything close to what you paid for them... I'm not in the business of eating money so I go instead of losing 30-40$/ticket.

But against luck... first game for RG3... there will be so much hype i should be able to get full price for lower level seats - as ridiculous as that sounds i normally get full price for the steelers preseason tickets and those were upper level tickets. I went last year because family wanted to go and I didn't want them going by themselves - Fedex field is not a novice friendly stadium and I wanted them to enjoy the game.

Why would I not sell them? Preseason tickets are a scam. If I can make back 300$ on what i pay every year on a preseason game i'm going to take it. they are meaningless games.

Edited by tshile

Good... those seats are garbage, for most the part.

I would never spend that kind of money for the Dream Seats but would not call them "garbage". IF I had unlimited money and good hips, I might buy them from time to time. After the money, the bad is that you have to stand the whole game to watch/see the field. That really sucks for being so close to the game. But to observe the players and what goes on on the bench and to be that close to the field with waiter service for food and beverage can be pretty sweet. Again....I can't afford them nor can most of us here on the board....but it can be pretty cool to be behind the bench and that close to the game.

We need to start a tailgate gear thread.... Not sure the mods would want it in this forum though. Maybe the general forum? Because I need some places to order some new gear from...

That's a good idea. Over the years, I have accumulated a pretty lengthy list of things I bring; some obvious but a lot not so obvious to the first time tailgaters. You can't imagine how many times I have lent propane fuel tanks, lighters/matches, pain medicine, sun screen to folks parked around me. And more than once, I left the house without my tickets and/or parking pass. Fortunately, I remembered each time within minutes of leaving :D

I understand what you are saying but there is NO WAY I am missing RG3 (for the first time) vs Andrew Luck. Being game three of the preseason, both will likely play deep into the third period and the starters will play more than any other pre-season game. I can't wait for this game.

I would never spend that kind of money for the Dream Seats but would not call them "garbage". IF I had unlimited money and good hips, I might buy them from time to time. After the money, the bad is that you have to stand the whole game to watch/see the field. That really sucks for being so close to the game. But to observe the players and what goes on on the bench and to be that close to the field with waiter service for food and beverage can be pretty sweet. Again....I can't afford them nor can most of us here on the board....but it can be pretty cool to be behind the bench and that close to the game.

Well, money aside, I was more speaking to the fact that (and this is just my understanding) the players/coaches/refs/media/etc are all standing right in front of you blocking your view.

I also thought that the dream seats are part of the cause for the entire lower level sideline sections standing for majority of the game?

To me, that = garbage. For the money you pay for them your view shouldn't be blocked.

I think thats 'for the most part', and there are exceptions to certain areas of the field. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

That's a good idea. Over the years, I have accumulated a pretty lengthy list of things I bring; some obvious but a lot not so obvious to the first time tailgaters. You can't imagine how many times I have lent propane fuel tanks, lighters/matches, pain medicine, sun screen to folks parked around me. And more than once, I left the house without my tickets and/or parking pass. Fortunately, I remembered each time within minutes of leaving :D

I'm trying to put together a list of sites... My idea is to have a general list of sites/stores that offer quality products without charging way too much. IE: I'm not looking for sites with redskins branded chairs, tables, and drink holders, but more tailgating in genera like: good deals on quality portable/tailgate style grills, tailgate games (ladderball, corn hole, etc), storage containers, portable bars, portable sound systems, etc.

So far all I'm finding are garbage sites that have branded things with NFL and NCAA teams and are charging big money simply because they say redskins :(

You'll have to figure out where to make the thread. I'm perpetually on thin ice with the mods for whatever reason, so it'll probably be better if you make that guess and make the thread :)

I understand what you are saying but there is NO WAY I am missing RG3 (for the first time) vs Andrew Luck. Being game three of the preseason, both will likely play deep into the third period and the starters will play more than any other pre-season game. I can't wait for this game.

I understand. Your mentality is exactly what i'm hoping for :)

I can wait until the game actually matters :)

(I say that now, but I bet I wind up going because of what you said lol)

Edited by tshile

I am in Sect 108 and called the Club Level Rep that called me last week about moving up to Club and back down to the LL. He insisted that only a 2 yr Club Level commitment would get me moved back to the LL and only between 101-105. Said there is no 1 year move available. I gladly would have forked over another $4k to get a similiar deal as was described above.

After being stuck in 108 during the lockout year and being one of the 1st to pay this year with no upgrade again I am over it. They can keep their 4 tickets next year while I buy them all in the aftermarket and avoid the worthless preseason games. I am tired of hearing the story change every time I talk to the ticket office and seeing just about everyone in my section get upgraded last year while I didn't.

I am in Sect 108 and called the Club Level Rep that called me last week about moving up to Club and back down to the LL. He insisted that only a 2 yr Club Level commitment would get me moved back to the LL and only between 101-105. Said there is no 1 year move available. I gladly would have forked over another $4k to get a similiar deal as was described above.

After being stuck in 108 during the lockout year and being one of the 1st to pay this year with no upgrade again I am over it. They can keep their 4 tickets next year while I buy them all in the aftermarket and avoid the worthless preseason games. I am tired of hearing the story change every time I talk to the ticket office and seeing just about everyone in my section get upgraded last year while I didn't.

I am gaurenteed between the 20's but on visitor or home... which sucks but at the same time, its moving me to sidelines....

If you want me to, I can give you the guys name and phone number I talked to. See what he can do for you ? Let me know.

Well, money aside, I was more speaking to the fact that (and this is just my understanding) the players/coaches/refs/media/etc are all standing right in front of you blocking your view.

I also thought that the dream seats are part of the cause for the entire lower level sideline sections standing for majority of the game?

To me, that = garbage. For the money you pay for them your view shouldn't be blocked.

I think thats 'for the most part', and there are exceptions to certain areas of the field. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

On the sidelines, if you are willing to stand the entire game, then you can see the play on the field. Might not be able to see some stuff on the near sideline. End zone and most of the corner end zone dream seats can watch the game sitting down. And yes, all those dream seat folks force the sideline 100 section folks to stand all game also. That is why I moved to the 200 level this year Woo Hoo!!!!

Certainly, one should not have to stand all game long to enjoy and watch a football game when you spent that much money. Just like some obstructed view seats are actually pretty damn good, IF you know what you are getting into, the dream seats are OK....just not my cup of tea. We'll have to agree to disagree about how bad those seats are. :cool:

I'm trying to put together a list of sites... My idea is to have a general list of sites/stores that offer quality products without charging way too much. IE: I'm not looking for sites with redskins branded chairs, tables, and drink holders, but more tailgating in genera like: good deals on quality portable/tailgate style grills, tailgate games (ladderball, corn hole, etc), storage containers, portable bars, portable sound systems, etc.

So far all I'm finding are garbage sites that have branded things with NFL and NCAA teams and are charging big money simply because they say redskins :(

You'll have to figure out where to make the thread. I'm perpetually on thin ice with the mods for whatever reason, so it'll probably be better if you make that guess and make the thread :)

I have some tailgate sites bookmarked on my home browser. The best ones are college base tailgating sites with great ideas and recipes. There is one guy who goes by the Commissioner of Tailgating that has some good stuff. Just google that phrase.

I think a thread could be contributed by all. Lots of us have experience. I created an Excel spreadsheet that is a checklist for all my stuff so I don't forget anything (like tickets!). I'll see if I can talk to one of the mods about the best location. I'd prefer the Stadium and since it would be Redskins related it should be fine....but I can check. Maybe I'll start a thread this weekend with my list.

I understand. Your mentality is exactly what i'm hoping for :)

I can wait until the game actually matters :)

(I say that now, but I bet I wind up going because of what you said lol)

I bet you go :D