Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Yet, people in the 400 level, with less seniority, are reporting upgrades much closer to midfield.

Doesn't seem to be fair at all...... It appears that if you had 100 Level seats in 2011, you will have the same 100 level seats in 2012, unless you request a move to the 200 Level.

Just to clear some things up on the better move with less seniority issue. I'm the only one I'm aware of that went from 400's to lower level and wasn't put smack dab in the middle of the endzone. I was put in 117 (which is really close to the mid field considering i came from the 400's). however, i have about 50 years worth of seniority. my account number is 60,000 something.

(i'm not suggesting that makes it fair. just wanted to make sure the right information is being used)

---------- Post added June-15th-2012 at 09:27 AM ----------

As for the method of buying club to move to sideline....

it's nice to see they are actually honoring that, as i was always concerned they wouldn't.

i don't think you have to do that, but i think it is a quicker way to get to the sidelines... not sure if i'll ever made that move, i'll probably try my luck with the auto upgrade system for a few years first (i may get lucky with the seniority, being on the visitors side, and having 3 tickets, as the guy from the TO indicated)

---------- Post added June-15th-2012 at 09:32 AM ----------

Told me same thing wednesday. Said to expect an email when complete.

i got an email within 24 hours of seeing the change on my invoice, and it took every bit of 20-24 hours for the email to come through (afternoon of the next day)

if you haven't gotten an email that says something along the liens of 'your seats have been assigned' then your upgrade isn't complete*

(* thats assuming that if you requested an upgrade, but didn't get one, that they'd still send the email. i guess it's possible that if your seats didn't change the system wouldn't email you, but that would be stupid in my opinion)

---------- Post added June-15th-2012 at 10:13 AM ----------

FYI - Just got this email. Pick a Seat day is coming up.

Note: I specificaly like the 1st real line... tickets are sold out. lol.... sure they are.

Standing Deck and Obstructed View Terrace season ticket packages are now available starting at just $290!

General Admission season tickets for the 2012 season are sold out. However, as a season ticket holder of the Washington Redskins, you are cordially invited to come out to Tag Day at FedExField on June 23 for an exclusive opportunity to purchase Upper Level Standing Deck spaces or Lower Level Obstructed View Terrace seats for the 2012 season. You can purchase Upper Level Standing Deck spaces today by going to www.Redskins.com/MyAccount, login, and click the link at the top of the page.

You can see pictures of the Upper Level Standing Deck spaces by Clicking Here. Or, see the new Standing Deck spaces and available Obstructed View Terrace seats in person at the Tag Day event at FedExField on June 23. Options for Upper Level Standing Deck spaces and Lower Level Obstructed View Terrace seats start at just $290 (plus tax) for the season and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Green B3 Lot Season Parking is also available while supplies last!

If you plan to come to the June 23 Tag Day, simply click here to RSVP.

You must bring this invitation to the event in order to purchase tickets.

Account Name:

Account Number:

Tag Day Event

Place: FedExField (Suite Entrance at NRG Gate A)

When: Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time: 9:00am until 12:00 noon

Parking: Free parking available in Lot A across from the Ticket Office

If you have any questions, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6033 or by email at tickets@redskins.com.

Offer good only on Upper Level Standing Deck spaces and Obstructed View Terrace seats.

Current 2012 season tickets may not be refunded or exchanged. Full payment required at time of sale and tickets may not be held or reserved for future purchase.

Purchase of these tickets does not guarantee future renewal rights.

This exclusive offer is non-transferable.

Edited by tshile

I just called the TO myself and he said that Upgrades should be finished within a week however he doesn't see any seats available right now for 2 and that I am still showing in my current seats and it may not happen this year. He said there are singles available however.

I see it is limited to season ticket holders only. It seems to me these seats/spaces would not be terribly attractive to season ticket holders.

I'm an ex-STH. Today I got an email invitation to buy the party deck tickets...

"Standing Deck and Obstructed View Terrace season ticket packages are now available starting at just $290!

General Admission season tickets for the 2012 season are sold out. However, as a former season ticket holder of the Washington Redskins, you are cordially invited to come out to Tag Day at FedExField on June 23 for an exclusive opportunity to purchase Upper Level Standing Deck spaces or Lower Level Obstructed View Terrace seats for the 2012 season...."

I'm now in 118, row 25. Does anyone know what end of the sections seat 1 is in 100s

I gave you bad information. Seat 1 is the first seat in a section on the RIGHT if you are facing the field.

I could have sworn it was on the left of the section but it kept nagging at me so I went searching in the threads and after checking several threads, people with better memories say seat #1 is on your right and the numbering goes clockwise around the stadium as you face the field. Sorry to give you bad info. Could have sworn seat #1 was to my left last year.

Sucks for me because now I figure out I am 16 seats farther away from the 50 yard line!

aw man yeah me too.

jerk

:)

---------- Post added June-15th-2012 at 06:58 PM ----------

I see it is limited to season ticket holders only. It seems to me these seats/spaces would not be terribly attractive to season ticket holders.

they're attractive in the 'oh hey i always wanted 3 or 4 really cheap seats to throw at friends so they can come hang out at the games with us'

i have quite a few friends that would jump for 30$ tickets as opposed to the 64+$ tickets

but i'm not getting them.

Hey Everyone,

New to the forums, as I am a first time season ticket holder this upcoming season. I got a call from the skins yesterday offering the same club offer that has been mentioned. I'm really tempted to take them up on the offer since I have upper level sideline somewhere in rows 1-14. I was told it would be about 1K extra per seat for the tickets and would start somewhere in section 326. However, unlike most you, I wasn't offered the incentive of getting lower level after one season, just the option of keeping the special 40% discount for as many years as I'd like or moving back into the upper level. Just wanted to share my experience and see what you all thought.

Hey Everyone,

New to the forums, as I am a first time season ticket holder this upcoming season. I got a call from the skins yesterday offering the same club offer that has been mentioned. I'm really tempted to take them up on the offer since I have upper level sideline somewhere in rows 1-14. I was told it would be about 1K extra per seat for the tickets and would start somewhere in section 326. However, unlike most you, I wasn't offered the incentive of getting lower level after one season, just the option of keeping the special 40% discount for as many years as I'd like or moving back into the upper level. Just wanted to share my experience and see what you all thought.

Everything about club seats is negotiable. They are not going to make you a great offer right away. You need to tell them what you need to move into club seats. Of course, you're offer has to be reasonable. The market for club seats is VERY weak and the buyer has the advantage right now. You need to counter offer if you are seriously willing to pay more money for a year or two.

also recognize that club level seats are not the same as general admission seats. you may be asked to sign a contract. i believe they have contracts up to 10 years.

make sure you understand what you sign. all the law suits the redskins filed against ticket holders were against club level people who quit paying what they agreed to pay in the contract (beause they signed long term contracts and could no longer afford it).

as usual with everything else in life, read what you sign before you sign it. just be aware that these can be long term contracts. make sure you don't commit to something you cannot afford, you very well may get sued (as you should, for breach of contract)

Tshile - thanks for the response. The offer was with no contract so I don't have to worry about that. Thanks for the tip on negotiating but their offer was 40% off face per ticket so I don't know if it would get much better than that. I'll see if I can work in a guaranteed move to lower level for the following year and make sure I get a letter stating so.

---------- Post added June-16th-2012 at 10:04 AM ----------

Btw does anyone know the exact normal face price of club tickets? If it depends on zones I was offered zone club c.

Tshile - thanks for the response. The offer was with no contract so I don't have to worry about that. Thanks for the tip on negotiating but their offer was 40% off face per ticket so I don't know if it would get much better than that. I'll see if I can work in a guaranteed move to lower level for the following year and make sure I get a letter stating so.

Btw does anyone know the exact normal face price of club tickets? If it depends on zones I was offered zone club c.

The website says that the current price per seat for club seats for 2012 ranges from $3,499 to $5,850. That's significantly higher than it was just a few years ago, when full price on Zone A seats was $350 a game (I had them in 2008 and 2009 so I know). Not to dump on the deal you've been offered, but I wonder if they've increased their "face" prices just so that they can offer people a "deal" -- 40% off the $585 they appear to want for Zone A is $351. Which is what face price was for that seat in the 2009 season.

That said, when we bought our club seats we did pay face. But in exchange, we got a letter from Jason Friedman the VP of ticket sales promising us seats in the front half of specific sections in GA when we came out (two sections either side of the 50 in the UD, with a move into the section either side of the 50 as soon as it became free). There was a slight hickup with the seats we were first assigned in GA (we didn't get one of the promised sections), but I called in, e-mailed them the letter, and they immediately found a way to honor it. The year after that I sent it to them again and they moved us into 401 where we are now -- never would have gotten into 401 from where we were without buying the club seats, so we were happy with the deal in the long run.

So yes, while the team has sued people for breaching their club contracts, they've also shown to me that they honor the contracts they sign which benefit the fans. If you do go into the club to get better seats on the back end, get their promise in writing and make sure it is as specific as you want it to be (sections, rows, parking color, etc.) before you sign the club contract. If they promise you something on the back end that you like more than what you have now, and you can afford the club, I say go for it.

EDIT: Just went back up the thread and read what you were offered. All you'd get is the club seats at 40% off, with no better seats when you return to GA? I am going to dump on that -- it's terrible. For years they've offered 50% or 2-for-1 deals in the club, often with promises of coming out into certain sections. I think I also read someone recently got 60% off in the club. They're not offering you a deal; they are offering to sell you full price club seats less their artificial recent increases. I'd spend a season in your new UD seats and see how you like them before doing this deal. The club seats will be there next year. And the year after. And the year after.

Edited by FedEx Nosebleed

First time poster here, just thought I'd give my experience.

Have had 4 tix since '98. For the longest time in 411, row 19. Last year got moved to 403, row 19 (still at the cheap $44 price, which was nice) since my 411 seat was sacrificed to the party deck.

Got offered to move to lower level - I said I'd agree to this if I could get 6 tix.and only if it was 100 level, and the TO agreed. Got my email couple days ago, excited to find out what it was - figured it would be high 100 endzone.

It's 213, row 13 - believe this is the last row of the original 200 level seats. Anybody have experience with these seats? I called TO, and they said that they had only agreed to lower level, not 100 level seats (wish I had gotten the name of the person I talked to). They don't sound too bad, the pillar is behind and to the right of us. The cave effect shouldn't be too bad. I hope so, since from the sounds of it, with 6 tickets, I'm gonna be stuck there for a while.

---------- Post added June-16th-2012 at 10:04 AM ----------

If you're just looking for a one year deal with no promise of LL seats in the future, you can do much better on Stubhub than with the Skins "40% off" deal. Here are some of the better current deals on Stubhub:

Section 320, row 1 -- $1870 per ticket

Section 201 -- $2250 per ticket

Section 239 -- $1502 per ticket.

Of course, you don't get the glory of preseason games with Stubhub season ticket packages.

Others have reported 60% off offers.

So they can get better. Depends on who you ask and when.

Agreed. You can also wait until the season is underway to make this deal (giving you the benefit of not having to pay Club Level prices for preseason games). I nearly pulled the trigger on a Club Level offer for the last 4 games of the season last year -- 50% off plus a guarantee of home side 100 level sideline seats for this year. Buyers have all the leverage these days when it comes to Club Level seats.

Edited by Timmy_Smith