Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

It's a double edged sword. A few years back we had someone who used to work in the Skins TO. And he confirmed that they did try to fill odd number seats first to avoid the single seat. But there are a limited number of 3,5,7 seats together. It just is not a common ticket request. So if you there are more people with three seats than are available, it essentially cuts some people out of the upgrade process all together because a few at the top of the 3 seat list gets an upgrade but everyone else is **** out of luck because the ticket office does not want to fill a 4 or 6 seat whole with just three seats.

So it can work both ways. If you are at the top of the upgrade eligibility list by seniority and it is the beginning of the upgrade process, yes, your seats would get assigned first. But if you are low on the seniority list that year and particularly if upgrades have mostly been done, the chances of an upgrade are slim.

I would imagine it depends a lot on how many three seat STHs are in each section and how many open up in the next section over. We need to remember that the upgrade process is like a jigsaw puzzle with lots of tiny pieces. Not as easy as it may appear. The new software helps to keep things fair based on whatever upgrade rules they input. But in the end, it is not an easy process nor even fair sometimes. Spyder has a good argument to make and hopefully the TO can accommodate him.

But then, the Redskins make it very clear that an upgrade is not guaranteed. We complained three years ago for a more fair upgrade process and in general I think that has happened. Not so long ago, it was the luck of calling in and depending on which agent you got, you got no upgrade or a fantastic upgrade....or something in between. Location and seniority had nothing to do with it.

I've had 3 tickets since 2005. I took 3 because the seats were better than the 2 ticket option I was given at the time I first got my tickets. I apparently recieved one of the best upgrades seen around (from the upper level to the lower level sidelines), a couple years ago. Then, last year I was moved down a couple rows in the same section and over a few seats closer to midfield, but didn't get an upgrade this year. Not sure how well going with 3 tickets will serve me in the future, but so far it's been pretty great. I'd definitely recommend it based on my own personal experience, but have no idea if others have experienced the same success. Here's my ticket upgrade history:

2005-2006 Section 402 Row 21 seats 12-14

2007-2009 Section 402 Row 19 seats 16-18

2010 Section 103 Row 27 seats 17-19

2011-2012 Section 103 Row 25 seats 5-7

You need to consider your exit strategy also. I have heard some say they go through the light at Morgan Blvd and Rt 214 and connect to the Beltway at a different exit....not sure of the route.

I leave by turning right on 214 and head towards DC to get on 295 north to PA. Almost no traffic. Maybe taking 295 south towards VA would be faster.

Look at a map and figure out your fastest getaway. Anything dumping you on the beltway near the stadium is going to be a crawl.

I've had 3 tickets since 2005. I took 3 because the seats were better than the 2 ticket option I was given at the time I first got my tickets. I apparently recieved one of the best upgrades seen around (from the upper level to the lower level sidelines), a couple years ago. Then, last year I was moved down a couple rows in the same section and over a few seats closer to midfield, but didn't get an upgrade this year. Not sure how well going with 3 tickets will serve me in the future, but so far it's been pretty great. I'd definitely recommend it based on my own personal experience, but have no idea if others have experienced the same success. Here's my ticket upgrade history:

2005-2006 Section 402 Row 21 seats 12-14

2007-2009 Section 402 Row 19 seats 16-18

2010 Section 103 Row 27 seats 17-19

2011-2012 Section 103 Row 25 seats 5-7

Wow man. You've had some damn good upgrades compared to what we've read about other STHs around here for the past 5 years. The three ticket method served you well.

Just received my tix, always fun. But who is this "Robert Helu Jr." featured on the tix for game 5 (really game 3 against Minny if you don't count pre-season)? I always thought our 4th round pick last year was ROY Helu? Is his real name Robert and he just goes by Roy? Please tell me that's the case, and that they didn't misprint one of our players names (I think it would be kind of hilarious if they did).

Just got a set of terrace seats my friend bought under one of my accounts. They came with no notification. My regular tickets I got the email on and the tracking number. So heads up as Osaka said some are coming with no warning.

Edited by HOF44

Just got a set of terrace seats my friend bought under one of my accounts. They came with no notification. My regular tickets I got the email on and the tracking number. So heads up as Osaka said some are coming with no warning.

I did get the email with tracking info 30 minutes after the tickets were delivered :ols:

Maybe taking 295 south towards VA would be faster.

it is

but shhh

thats my route. don't blow it up. i enjoy flying by the people on the WW bridge at 60 while they sit there going 10-20 in stop/go traffic. last year it took us an hour and 15 minutes to get from the stadium to our house past manassas, VA. add another 10 minutes for walking down the ramp because we were in the upper level.

:)

Edited by tshile

UPDATE:

my email contained a tracking link that originally said they would be delivered on august 3rd by 7 PM.

I just checked for the hell of it, and it now says they were delivered today at 12:35 PM.

so those of you who got a similar email, they may have already tried to deliver.

to be clear this appears to be an issue with fedex's system, not the redskins. their tracking on their website clearly said august 3rd by 7 pm when I first checked. maybe the emails went out before the system could accurately gauge delivery date?

Edited by tshile