Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are Virginia Redskins fans elitist jackwagons? (MET)

BmoreRedskin

Say what now? Pretty sure D.C. is it's own thing.

Hmm, I see U.S. History isn't taught in those second class Maryland schools.

Actually, I think you missed a class in History. VA and MD ceded land for DC. Later the land that VA gave up was returned to the commonwealth.

You do realize that DC wasn't one of the original 13 colonies right? So they had to get land from somewhere. It didn't just grow from the Potomac.

Actually, I think you missed a class in History. DC was originally only 10 square miles. Later VA and MD ceded land DC. Later the land that VA gave up was returned to the commonwealth.

You do realize that DC wasn't one of the original 13 colonies right? So they had to get land from somewhere. It didn't just grow from the Potomac.

Nope, I just got it covered from Wikipedia. DC is a federal territory and thus is not part of any state, be it Maryland or Virginia.

It might be a shocker but I was in fact aware that DC was not one of the original 13 colonies LOL! I don't see what difference it makes who the land originally came from. Most of the midwest this side of the Mississippi used to belong to the Virginia Colony at one point. The crown of England used to own Aquitaine, Poitou, and Anjou among other vast French holdings but if you were to travel to Poitiers or Bordeaux today and tell the people living there that they were on English soil, I'm guessing they would look at you funny.

The crown of England used to own Aquitaine, Poitou, and Anjou among other vast French holdings but if you were to travel to Poitiers or Bordeaux today and tell the people living there that they were on English soil, I'm guessing they would look at you funny.

As the token Englishman here, can I just say at this juncture "HELL NO!" are we claiming English soil under French holdings. Pretty much the same way as MD is it out on it's own, which ties things up nicely.

Oh, the moral to this lil' exchange is never mess with a Virginian. And if they bare the name of one of the coolest dudes to ever live, forget it.

'K, continue on a-pace .....

Hail.

This has happened ever since Gibbs.....

Nothing irks me more than when people say the Redskins represent "Old Dixie"... That sentiment isn't coming from Maryland....

It's because you guys always scream O during the national anthem. Keep that trash in Camden Yards. Nah on a serious note i never really knew there was discrimination between Skins fans. Obvious troll is obvious?

*Edit* I didn't answer the question posed by the OP. We are just better that's why. Northern Virginia is Winning. Epic Winning going on in NoVA (I'm from Manassas and am hoping to move back to the area after this summer. Tahoe Summer's are Winning all the time too). I actually think a lot of it IF you are encountering any Maryland Skin fan hate is because of the Ravens. Too many of us have heard for too long how the Raves are vastly superior and if you have any kind of honesty with yourself they are superior. They have been run well for years while we were being set back to the stone age with Vinny. So we hear Maryland and just want to puke. Being a Wahoo fan, "Fearing the turtle" isn't helping me like Maryland anymore either.

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 11:04 PM ----------

So notice our (Virginia's) state colors are not part of a logo of an AFC North team located in our largest city.

We have a major roadway called Darrell Green Blvd.

Think about how we fared with Jack Kent Cooke, of Middleburg VA, owning the team versus how much fun we've had with our boy Snyder from Potomac, MD.

And, last but not least, we Virginians are not the idiots rooting for the Orioles during the national anthem every Sunday. That would be you Marylanders.

:D

Damn i knew someone had to of beat me to it with 200 posts in the thread. I freaking hate the O during the anthem. It's like idiots that yell during any sort of moment of silence. What compels a person to commit such an act?

Manassas USED to be really nice. Starting falling off A LOT around the mid 90s. I still call it home though and my area of Manassas is dubbed Pill Hill cause all the doctors and such live in this section. I love the NoVA area and will def be coming back at some point... although sadly you are correct and it probably won't be to Manassas.

Damn i knew someone had to of beat me to it with 200 posts in the thread. I freaking hate the O during the anthem. It's like idiots that yell during any sort of moment of silence. What compels a person to commit such an act?

People say our team is just cursed because JKC built the stadium on sacred ground or whatever.

Nonsense.

Our team is cursed because the football gods refuse to reward a fanbase that roots for a team from the wrong city and the wrong damned sport during the national anthem.

Well, that, and we have fans and an owner from god-forsaken Maryland. That's not helping to tip the scales in our favor either I guess.

But I sincerely believe that if we can end the Orioles cheer before kickoff we will make it at least to the NFC championship.

People say our team is just cursed because JKC built the stadium on sacred ground or whatever.

Nonsense.

Our team is cursed because the football gods refuse to reward a fanbase that roots for a team from the wrong city and the wrong damned sport during the national anthem.

Well, that, and we have fans and an owner from god-forsaken Maryland. That's not helping to tip the scales in our favor either I guess.

But I sincerely believe that if we can end the Orioles cheer before kickoff we will make it at least to the NFC championship.

Exactly. Clearly it has to be some sort of sabotage. That's the only thing that makes any sort of logical sense.

Not sure I would have admited to being from Manassas. :silly:

On snap. You just added 7 more pages to this thread. Now Virginians are going to be arguing about which part of their state is better. All the arguing...I thought Virginia is for lovers, doesn't seem like it.

I grew up in Virginia Beach, and it was always Redskins country, at least since the late 60's.

When I've been back there recently though, over the last 5 years or so, I've noticed there're almost as many Cowboys fans, which is kind of sad, and of course disgusting. I see Cowboys merch in storefronts, with Skins stuff in the back. It seems to be more of a melting pot area now I guess--I see lots of Eagles, Steelers, etc.

As the token Englishman here, can I just say at this juncture "HELL NO!" are we claiming English soil under French holdings. Pretty much the same way as MD is it out on it's own, which ties things up nicely.

Oh, the moral to this lil' exchange is never mess with a Virginian. And if they bare the name of one of the coolest dudes to ever live, forget it.

'K, continue on a-pace .....

Hail.

If there was any respect for that, there would be respect for Philly.

I had always figured the Portsmith Spartans belonged to us VA folks. I actually thought we once had our own proud NFL franchise before we adopted the Redskins.

However, A little Wiki action reveals they were in Portsmith, OH; only to relocate to Detroit in '34 becoming the Lions.

On snap. You just added 7 more pages to this thread. Now Virginians are going to be arguing about which part of their state is better. All the arguing...I thought Virginia is for lovers, doesn't seem like it.

lol, well just narrowing down my FFX, Co elitist jackwagon point of view. :ols:

:logo:

So notice our (Virginia's) state colors are not part of a logo of an AFC North team located in our largest city.

We have a major roadway called Darrell Green Blvd.

Think about how we fared with Jack Kent Cooke, of Middleburg VA, owning the team versus how much fun we've had with our boy Snyder from Potomac, MD.

And, last but not least, we Virginians are not the idiots rooting for the Orioles during the national anthem every Sunday. That would be you Marylanders.

:D

Bi-winner.

:point2sky

In the Military everyones home state was the baddest and there was always similar quibbling until someone from another country started running their mouth. Once that happened we were all from the US. Similar to a Cowboy fan coming on the board at this point and getting involved. I call it "Independence Day" syndrome, everyone fights each other until they are are attacked and then they forget about NY vs. DC vs LA issues.

I have seen this at Redskins Games:

57057364_926b62dab3_o.jpg

and I have seen this:

BeachPolo3.jpg

Funny thing, we are all on a Redskins board. Expend your hate on Dallas and dont turn your aggression internally towards your own brothers. Their are pros and cons on both sides of the river.

Hail Skins!

Wait a minute - people actually live in Maryland? I thought Maryland was just a place you drove through to get where you actually wanted to go?

No, that'd be Delaware, thank you for visiting our tollbooth, come again!

Archived