Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are Virginia Redskins fans elitist jackwagons? (MET)

BmoreRedskin

This has happened ever since Gibbs.....

Nothing irks me more than when people say the Redskins represent "Old Dixie"... That sentiment isn't coming from Maryland....

I hate to inform you but Maryland is part of Dixie & historically & culturally Maryland is a southern state. BTW, the original wording for the Redskins fight song was "Fight for Old Dixie" & not "Fight for Old D.C."

Southern Redskins fans are, to me, the most rabid; next to native Washingtonians (maybe even more so). They now have a plethora of teams to pull for (10, not including the Redskins) located south of the traditional Mason-Dixon line and yet they still cheer for the Redskins, who have given them nothing to cheer for.

I'm a 'Skins fan because I'm from Washington. These people have no reason to be Redskins fans anymore. Yet, they hang on to their guns and they keep bleeding burgundy and gold.

I hate to inform you but Maryland is part of Dixie & historically & culturally Maryland is a southern state. BTW, the original wording for the Redskins fight song was "Fight for Old Dixie" & not "Fight for Old D.C."

Yeah BmoreRedskin embrace your Dixnicity!! ;)

Is this just a select group of ppl u know from VA or a wide range of ppl from VA? If it is the latter...that's just dumb. Had no idea VA had a inferiority complex to DC/MD. I consider DC/MD/VA to be one. That's why it is the DMV. Redskins belong and are the DMV. A Virginian saying that Redskins are VA's team is simply asinine and idiotic though.

A Virginian saying that the Redskins are Virginia's team has nothing to with claiming the team for just Virginia. The Redskins have always been considered Virginia's team that doesn't mean that it isn't the team of Maryland or Delaware or D.C.. The Redskins because of their original location, after they moved from Boston, is the only team in the NFL that I know of that has several states that consider them to be their home team. You are correct the Redskins are the team of DMV or you could say that the Redskins are the team of the Mid-Atlantic Region. But it isn't asinine for a Virginian to say that the Redskins are VA's team. I find it much more asinine when a DMV native is a Cowboy's fan. I constantly tell Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, & now bandwagon Steelers' fans that they are in Redskins' country & I live in Virginia.

Yeah, I just love how all those loyal Maryland Redskins fans jumped ship & became Baltimore Ravens fans when the Redskins started losing. Someone having a tantrum because Redskins fans in Virginia say that the Redskins are Virginia's team & calling them d-bags is really weak. I guess it really bothered you when the Redskins called were the team of the south. How awful it must of been for you Maryland Redskins fans to share that distinction with Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc..

You do realize that most people in here, the Redskins message board, probably aren't the ones who jumped ship?

I'm not commenting about the rest of your post that is directed towards the OP, just the first line that generalizes everyone from MD. In all honesty, it comes across as not much different than the start.

Lets face it, The Skins are MDs, DCs, and VAs teams together. You could argue that VA doesn't have a team. Ravens are MDs team. DC doesn't have a team. Pretty stupid IMO.

Growing up here I can tell you that all three of these places have areas that are ****ty. VA people think Bmore is nasty, I don't disagree, but have you forgotten about VA beach, Richmond, Norfolk, the list goes on. Its like that in any state from VA up. The big cities are NOT the nicest. Don't think I forgot about you NW, DC. ;)

I think there are a lot of people getting their panties in a bunch in here. Everyone relax.

Southern Redskins fans are, to me, the most rabid; next to native Washingtonians (maybe even more so). They now have a plethora of teams to pull for (10, not including the Redskins) located south of the traditional Mason-Dixon line and yet they still cheer for the Redskins, who have given them nothing to cheer for.

I'm a 'Skins fan because I'm from Washington. These people have no reason to be Redskins fans anymore. Yet, they hang on to their guns and they keep bleeding burgundy and gold.

I totally disagree with this. The Redskins were the team of the south for the better part of 40 years. I grew up in VA and SC, and in SC, before the Panthers came and ruined it, Redskins games were always the ones being televised. Many old timers grew up with the Redskins, and passed the fandom on down to their kids, and now their kids. What's so wrong with that? Why do you have to be from Washington to be a Skins fan? That's asinine.

You do realize that most people in here, the Redskins message board, probably aren't the ones who jumped ship?

I'm not commenting about the rest of your post that is directed towards the OP, just the first line that generalizes everyone from MD. In all honesty, it comes across as not much different than the start.

Lets face it, The Skins are MDs, DCs, and VAs teams together. You could argue that VA doesn't have a team. Ravens are MDs team. DC doesn't have a team. Pretty stupid IMO.

Growing up here I can tell you that all three of these places have areas that are ****ty. VA people think Bmore is nasty, have you forgotten about VA beach, Richmond, Norfolk, the list goes on. Its like that in any state from VA up. The big cities are NOT the nicest. Don't think I forgot about you NW, DC. ;)

I think there are a lot of people getting their panties in a bunch in here. Everyone relax.

I agree Virginia cities aren't the nicest but neither is Baltimore or D.C. once you get away from the tourist areas. I know that the Redskins fans on here haven't jumped ship but the facts are the many so called loyal Redskin fans in Maryland did jump ship. But the only reason I pointed it out was that I thank it is really stupid for someone to start a post complaining about Virginian's saying the Redskin's are VA's team. I hate to bust the bubble of some overly sensitive fans that live in Maryland but the Redskins are VA's team because they are considered our home team.

Yeah, true, but I see that as more of a family argument than a random act of hate, like this thread seems to imply.

Also, I'm hoping we can turn this around and find out what happened before bunnies with pancakes on their heads start to show up.

Elitist :bunny: D-Bag says...Mwahahaha

I totally disagree with this. The Redskins were the team of the south for the better part of 40 years. I grew up in VA and SC, and in SC, before the Panthers came and ruined it, Redskins games were always the ones being televised. Many old timers grew up with the Redskins, and passed the fandom on down to their kids, and now their kids. What's so wrong with that? Why do you have to be from Washington to be a Skins fan? That's asinine.

I think he was giving southern fans a compliment and saying that those who have stuck with the team are true die-hards. I don't think by "no reason to be fans" he meant that they shouldn't, just that they had other options now.

Looks like someone completely missed the point of my post.

I'm COMMENDING these people because they're not Washingtonians and because many of those southern teams have enjoyed much more success in later years than we have.

I hope more and more people become Redskins fans from all over the world. Southerners, though, get my utmost respect because they didn't jump ship once teams like the Cowboys, Falcons, Saints, Dolphins, and Panthers came onto the scene.

I agree Virginia cities aren't the nicest but neither is Baltimore or D.C. once you get away from the tourist areas. I know that the Redskins fans on here haven't jumped ship but the facts are the many so called loyal Redskin fans in Maryland did jump ship. But the only reason I pointed it out was that I thank it is really stupid for someone to start a post complaining about Virginian's saying the Redskin's are VA's team. I hate to bust the bubble of some overly sensitive fans that live in Maryland but the Redskins are VA's team because they are considered our home team.

Well I agree with that, I even said in my post that all three have crappy areas. I agree the OP was not very good. I agree that its your home team but guess what. Its DCs home team. If you live where I do in MD, its our home team too because its much closer than Bmore. I hate to burst the bubble of some over sesitive VA fans, but theres not a team in VA, so its as much a home team for where I described as it is for VA.

Can I at this juncture take the opportunity to thank our anxious lil' friend from MD for this thread, and the broadening of my vocabulary there in with "jackwagon" and "dirt bag." Oh, and the whole Dixie history lesson has been very informative.

ES. The site that just keeps on giving. Even when it's trying not to.

Now, continue on.

Hail.

Can I at this juncture take the opportunity to thank our anxious lil' friend from MD for this thread, and the broadening of my vocabulary there in with "jackwagon" and "dirt bag." Oh, and the whole Dixie history lesson has been very informative.

ES. The site that just keeps on giving. Even when it's trying not to.

Now, continue on.

Hail.

Hahah, the first history lesson based on opinion.

Looks like someone completely missed the point of my post.

I'm COMMENDING these people because they're not Washingtonians and because many of those southern teams have enjoyed much more success in later years than we have.

I hope more and more people become Redskins fans from all over the world. Southerners, though, get my utmost respect because they didn't jump ship once teams like the Cowboys, Falcons, Saints, Dolphins, and Panthers came onto the scene.

Oh. Sorry man, I was working on something else and totally glanced over and misinterpreted your post.

Well I agree with that, I even said in my post that all three have crappy areas. I agree the OP was not very good. I agree that its your home team but guess what. Its DCs home team. If you live where I do in MD, its our home team too because its much closer than Bmore. I hate to burst the bubble of some over sesitive VA fans, but theres not a team in VA, so its as much a home team for where I described as it is for VA.

Quick question for all the uber-sensitive fans from wherever the hell you're living right now...VA, MD, WY...doesn't matter...

Do you guys think that they're having this same debate over on the Jets and Gnats fan message boards between NY and NJ residents? If so, please for the love of all things holy...get a new CBA done so we can get back to talking about football and not all this whiny crap. Not directing this right at you LaxinFish...just in general...but figured I'd reply to you since you mentioned the main point of my question in your post.

It honestly feels like everyone's cycles are lining up together and next thing you know people will be on here arguing about window treatments and how uncomfortable it was getting your "summer wax"...:moon:

HAIL

Archived