Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are Virginia Redskins fans elitist jackwagons? (MET)

BmoreRedskin

It's not Virginia's team

It's a DC regional team

Most of the Redskins do live in NoVA though and that's mainly for convenience, since they can easily commute to Ashburn. I'm just basing this off pure conjecture. Because the Redskins aren't in Potomac, none of them in this hood except for Dan Snyder. Lol.

Wow, dude. Somebody needs to take a couple Mydol and go lay back down. I think those cramps are making ya a bit grumpy. Oh, and btw, wasn't DC built on land from both VA and MD. Also, wasn't MD made from land in VA?? So, when it all boils down, you're just a grumpy VA-native. So, suck it up, crybaby

Wow, dude. Somebody needs to take a couple Mydol and go lay back down. I think those cramps are making ya a bit grumpy. Oh, and btw, wasn't DC built on land from both VA and MD. Also, wasn't MD made from land in VA?? So, when it all boils down, you're just a grumpy VA-native. So, suck it up, crybaby

Nah dude. VA took their land back. Thus, Arlington County. and no, Maryland was never part of Virginia. Someone needs to go back to school...

The Skins ARE VA's team. The reason we never get teams are because DC has teams. If we didn't follow the skins, they wouldnt have half the fan base. DC does not have a large enough population to support a football team by themselves. Maryland and VA did share the team, but now they have the Ravens. The Ravens are MD's team. The Panthers are NC and SC's Team. It doesnt mean you can't follow them if you don't live in VA though. The bottom line is just that the intent of a team in DC is to pull fans from VA too....if not we would have a team. We have no MLB, NFL, or NBA team.

This has happened ever since Gibbs.....

Nothing irks me more than when people say the Redskins represent "Old Dixie"... That sentiment isn't coming from Maryland....

Maryland counts as part of Dixie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie

Plus the old fight song said "Fight for Old Dixie" but was changed to Old D.C.. As others have suggested, relax a little bit. We want the Redskins to be America's team.

The Redskins are Virginia's team. Maryland has two teams, what's so hard to understand about this?

I think you're looking too hard into things.

I think this pretty much sums it up.

But for those who claim that the Redskins are Virginia's and Virginia's alone, all I have to say is it's a quicker commute for me on gameday.

I'm sick of hearing about how the Redskins are Virginia's team. Last time I checked the stadium was in MARYLAND, and Washington DC is on MARYLAND soil.

Maryland Redskins fans have always been treated like second class citizens for some reason.

It needs to end....

You are from Baltimore, so shut your mouth. As someone from Gaithersburg, MD and a transplant in Leesburg, MD I could make the argument that they are headquartered in Ashburn, VA. This is the dumbest thread ever.

As a native Northern Virginia guy, I couldn't agree more with the OP. Pretty much everyone from Baltimore sucks anyway, I can see why he's lashing out on here. I suppose folks from other parts of Maryland are okay, I'll allow them to root for the Skins.:ols:

we Virginians are not the idiots rooting for the Orioles during the national anthem every Sunday. That would be you Marylanders.

:D

I nominate this for the single greatest post in extremeskins history. I think we need to start a thread and dedicate it to this post.

Dag gummit! You, sir, have insulted my honor.The Southern Gentleman in me wants to whistle Dixie and turn the other cheek, but my inner elitist jackwagon is compelled to defend my fellow Confederates. I challenge you to a duuuueeeell! I promise none of my kinfolk will inerfere. You name the time and place, sir. As it happens, I will be hitching up the wagon and travelling to Baltimore this very weekend. You have ruined my morning mint julip and catfish!

Not exactly accurate... Redskins park, for years, was in DC. It has been in Ashburn for 25 years or so. JKC originally wanted the stadium in DC where the DC Armory still stands and the parking lot to be where RFK stands. But the then DC mayor, Sharon Pratt Kelly, stonewalled the project by asking for too much money and claiming the building around the Anacostia was an environmental risk (give me a break). And the land DC sits on was given by Maryland. Arlington was VA's gift to the Government but was retracted during the Civil War and never given back. Interestingly, because the Potomac River belongs to MD, Reagan National Airport has an easement to it that gives MD money because earth was poured into the river to create it.

I'm sick of hearing about how the Redskins are Virginia's team. Last time I checked the stadium was in MARYLAND, and Washington DC is on MARYLAND soil.

Maryland Redskins fans have always been treated like second class citizens for some reason.

It needs to end....

Come on man, why did you have to go there? We're all family bro.

I don't care where you live if you support the Redskins. I do, however, feel like Virginia is 100x better than Maryland, but it has nothing to do with the Redskins. The only thing I like in Maryland is the O's...oh, and the aquarium.

Interesting, because the only thing I like about VA is Kings Dominion....:ols:

Archived