Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCWashington: Haynesworth accused of sexual assault

NattyBo

If you're an idiot, pervert, and now guilty of sexual assault, then sure.

"Guilty" is it?

That was quick. Based on the word of a waitress who told him it was OK to put his hand in her blouse.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't think when a woman invites you to put your hand in her blouse you're going to see many convictions for sexual assault if she gets fondled. It's not like he invited her to his room and then grabbed her while she said no. She said the opposite of no.

She wants him to settle. Guaranteed her lawyer wants no part of a criminal case. They want money, simple as that.

He shouldn't settle. He should make her haul him into court and tell everyone that she said it was OK to put his hand in her blouse. Let her explain the difference between that and "you can put your credit card in my blouse"

I got no love for the guy, but he shouldn't get ripped off by everyone who recognizes him either. He should not be so stupid to put himself in these situations, but still. The lady told him it was OK. It doesn't say he then hauled her off to the men's room for a quickie while she screamed "rape". It says he fondled a woman who told him to put his hand in her shirt.

~Bang

I seriously smell conspiracy - either on the part of Fat Albert himself or some third party. If these two most recent incidents hadn't happened, we still probably stood a chance of getting SOMETHING for Haynesworth - even if it was a 5th- or a 6th-rounder. Now, with all of the crap that's gone down, we'll be lucky if we get rat turds for him now.

It makes me wonder if someone - maybe even Albert himself - is stirring up trouble purposely to kill his trade value and force us to cut him outright with nothing in return. I wouldn't put it past Haynesworth, as someone who wants to play football on his own terms as opposed to the terms of whatever team or coaching staff he's working with. I think we should either cut him now and get into the courts to get his bonus money back, or send him off to some NFL outpost like Buffalo or Carolina.

"Guilty" is it?

That was quick. Based on the word of a waitress who told him it was OK to put his hand in her blouse.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't think when a woman invites you to put your hand in her blouse you're going to see many convictions for sexual assault if she gets fondled. It's not like he invited her to his room and then grabbed her while she said no. She said the opposite of no.

She wants him to settle. Guaranteed her lawyer wants no part of a criminal case. They want money, simple as that.

He shouldn't settle. He should make her haul him into court and tell everyone that she said it was OK to put his hand in her blouse. Let her explain the difference between that and "you can put your credit card in my blouse"

I got no love for the guy, but he shouldn't get ripped off by everyone who recognizes him either. He should not be so stupid to put himself in these situations, but still. The lady told him it was OK. It doesn't say he then hauled her off to the men's room for a quickie while she screamed "rape". It says he fondled a woman who told him to put his hand in her shirt.

~Bang

For someone who has no love for the guy, you sure are going out of your way to defend him. I mean, I don't even disagree that you can't assume anything at this point, but is he even worth expending all of this energy to go to bat for?

This is a guy who has a history of bad decisions and his character is questionable at a minimum. If this were a guy who had a clean slate, who worked hard to play his best, you can absolutely count me as one of the people lining up to defend him, but for Haynesworth I can't muster up any sort of motivation to do that.

You know why all this BS about trading Haynesworth and his value, etc is such a joke?

Because the Redskins gave away far more to the Eagles for McNabb than anyone has ever offered or WILL offer for Haynesworth.

Keeping this bum on the roster has not resulted in any appreciable difference on the field, merely in the newspaper.

Haynesworth is self-destructive and on a downward spiral.

Anyone that can't see that is blind.

That #4 pick from TN last April around draft time sure looks better now doesn't it?

Shanahan in handling this situation showed his lack of insight into the personnel side.

Remember when the Steelers traded Santonio Holmes to the Jets?

Pittsburgh management could have played pollyana and tried to hold up a price of a #1 pick for a guy that was a Super Bowl MVP and 25 years old.

Instead of dragging things out for another year they moved on, confident they had the ability to overcome the loss of one player.

That's what Washington lacks.

The confidence to admit a mistake and move on.

For someone who has no love for the guy, you sure are going out of your way to defend him. I mean, I don't even disagree that you can't assume anything at this point, but is he even worth expending all of this energy to go to bat for?

This is a guy who has a history of bad decisions and his character is questionable at a minimum. If this were a guy who had a clean slate, who worked hard to play his best, you can absolutely count me as one of the people lining up to defend him, but for Haynesworth I can't muster up any sort of motivation to do that.

I'm not "going out of my way" to defend him by pointing out she gave him persmission to put his hand in her blouse.

It's pretty much the only thing I've said. I haven't given you any other defenses. The woman told him he could put his hand in her blouse. She admitted it.

I don't care what his history says.

Here's what I say. If she's legit, and she's traumatized because the guy she gave permission to put his hand in her blouse honked her boob, then pursue criminal charges.

But I bet she doesn't. I bet as soon as the initial paperwork is over, they immediately present him with a settlement figure.

If this same thing happened to YOU, I'd feel the same way. This woman and her lawyer are trying to bleed him of his cash.

He was dumb. He wasn't criminal, and I think the law would agree. He ought to know that everyone who recognizes him might try to get a piece of that cash. He's an easy target.

And frankly, it's a bit more than just AH i'm defending here. I'm saying that if this is what constitutes a criminal sexual assault, than any chick who you ever felt up with her permission has the potential to accuse you of rape.

And I'll note,i haven't defended him a whit for getting out of his truck and clocking that guy last week. Not a bit. You wont find my name in that thread at all. I've got no love for him, but I've got less love for the kind of crap she appears to be trying to pull.

~Bang

So. Where are all the people who attacked me for daring to say anything bad about him this last season? Where are the people who took his word over Shanahan's?

Haynesworth(less) is a POS and a ******* moron.

Seeing how the grand total of people defending him was about... oh... six... I'd say they're going to be tough to find.

Most people are on the same wave length as you are.

That's not what I said at all. If you aren't willing to understand my point, which clearly was that off-field stuff doesn't qualify as being indicative of on-field stuff, then don't respond. I don't wish to waste any more of my time discussing a topic with someone who can't be honest about what I'm saying.

Dude, the Redskins are having a terrible offseason. What's not to understand?

Seeing how the grand total of people defending him was about... oh... six... I'd say they're going to be tough to find.

Most people are on the same wave length as you are.

To be fair, there were a large number, flocking to Ryman's pro-AH flag at the time.....did he get banned? Haven't seen him around in quite some time.

"Guilty" is it?

~Bang

I think that you misread my post. I'm saying that if you did that to a woman, then you're an idiot, pervert, and now guilty of sexual assault. I also think that you're fundamentally incorrect in your understanding of consent: Consent is not a lack of "no"; it is an explicit, given permission. If I give you my wallet and say, "Yeah, take the $20 out of there for the pizza," and then you take all $100, isn't that theft? Not in your world, apparently. I mean, I was just asking for you to do it, right?

If he molested someone, then he molested someone. He had permission to put the card in her blouse, not feel her up as that wasn't consented to. That is the definition of sexual assault.

I'm not "going out of my way" to defend him by pointing out she gave him persmission to put his hand in her blouse.

It's pretty much the only thing I've said. I haven't given you any other defenses. The woman told him he could put his hand in her blouse. She admitted it.

I don't care what his history says.

Here's what I say. If she's legit, and she's traumatized because the guy she gave permission to put his hand in her blouse honked her boob, then pursue criminal charges.

But I bet she doesn't. I bet as soon as the initial paperwork is over, they immediately present him with a settlement figure.

If this same thing happened to YOU, I'd feel the same way. This woman and her lawyer are trying to bleed him of his cash.

He was dumb. He wasn't criminal, and I think the law would agree

And frankly, it's a bit more than just AH i'm defending here. I'm saying that if this is what constitutes a criminal sexual assault, than any chick who you ever felt up with her permission has the potential to accuse you of rape.

~Bang

Yeah, you just restated your case, which I already read and understand. My point was, I'm not really sure why anyone feels compelled to argue for Haynesworth in the first place. What has he done for this team besides take tens of millions of dollars for not doing much? Is it just the moral outrage you feel that he is *possibly* being unjustly accused? I mean, you can agree that even if she gave him permission to put the credit card in her blouse, you don't know the rest of the details, right? But you are wasting energy defending him, a guy who has done nothing for this franchise except take advantage of it, without benefit of knowing the entire set of facts.

I agree i think be may doing this to force an outright cut, no trade, so he can go where HE wants. He knows from the stomping incident he has a dominant year or 2 and all is forgotten. I say we make him play his way out, play real hardball with him. Sit him forever if you must, let the leauge suspend him, do it again as an org. Until this fool inderstands. He is going to want to "redeem" himself sometime, and with as much as we paid him we deserve to reap those rewards. We force him to either play and increase his potential future value and salvage what's left of his reputation, or sit and rot forever and go down as the biggest FA bust ever.

Fwiw I hate the guy and Im not one to use that word easily. But I think he needs to be on the roster next year, if only bc that's the one thing he doesn't want. Hold him to that contract and make him choose which way his life will head, bc. I think this is pretty much rock bottom.

I think that you misread my post. I'm saying that if you did that to a woman, then you're an idiot, pervert, and now guilty of sexual assault. I also think that you're fundamentally incorrect in your understanding of consent: Consent is not a lack of "no"; it is an explicit, given permission. If I give you my wallet and say, "Yeah, take the $20 out of there for the pizza," and then you take all $100, isn't that theft? Not in your world, apparently. I mean, I was just asking for you to do it, right?

If he molested someone, then he molested someone. He had permission to put the card in her blouse, not feel her up as that wasn't consented to. That is the definition of sexual assault.

I see both sides of it. AH was an idiot if he played with her boob. She is an idiot if she gave someone permission to to put a card in her blouse and didn't expect a feel. Both idiots. The gene pool needs some chlorine.

Archived