Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ryan Mallett Thread

Jofizz

This love for Mallett. Is it that hard to see how awful he would be for this team? He is not a mobile QB like Luck, Newton, Gabbert and Locker are.

Dude, relax. Nobody here has any influence on who the team is going to draft. It's not like Shanahan is reading this thread and thinking, "I was going to draft Locker, but War Paint is impressed by Mallet tonight so I'm going to go with him instead."

People always find something wrong with the QB they don't like or that isn't the one they want

To be honest I would be fine with Luck, Mallet, or Locker coming to us in the 1st round

Be kind of angry with Newton and Gabbert (who has absolutely no footwork, nor any experience with footwork, or under center)

I have seen a lot of Newton and Mallet, and Mallet >Newton. People on here like to see one game and then anoint them as a great QB spec. Newton basically runs around, and is not a passer at all, in any sense of the word.

I think this post makes sense. Im not sold on Locker, he seems awlful, but Mallett seems to be a pretty decent QB prospect and this game is making him look good. The people hyere have an idea he is stupid with maturity issues. Maybe he does but I havent read that. If that isnt really true, then Mallett looks like a stud. He throws a better ball than Luck.

Come on San Francisco please gamble on Mallett

That's what I'm hoping happens. Or the Cardinals. Or basically anyone who doesn't acquire a McNabb, a Palmer, or a Kolb who has a higher draft position than us :ols:

On a side note, if 4-5 of the top QB's really DO somehow go in the top 10-12 (woah!), some ridiculous prospects are going to slip down. The rest of the draft will be enriched a LOT by this if it happens.

People always find something wrong with the QB they don't like or that isn't the one they want.

Its not that they find reasons to hate them, its they can actually provide evidence that they aren't a good fit here. I can not stand Mallett. He comes off as a total d-bag and a horrible leader. But you can not deny his arm. He has the making of a great QB. Its just that I keep reading people say over and over that they would be happy with him. Those same people fail to realize that he would be a terrific pocket passing QB at the next level and thats not what we need/run.

I think this post makes sense. Im not sold on Locker, he seems awlful, but Mallett seems to be a pretty decent QB prospect and this game is making him look good. The people hyere have an idea he is stupid with maturity issues. Maybe he does but I havent read that. If that isnt really true, then Mallett looks like a stud. He throws a better ball than Luck.

Pocket passer in a mobile passer offense, why is that so hard to see?????

His maturity issues, according to ESPN, were with Michigan coaces (the Rich Rod Era), and Im going to assume that they just didn't like him because he wasn't a fit for the spread offense. ESPN even goes on to say he is a very hard worker, and involved with community service at Arkansas

I am not saying he is going to be great (I mean he could be but thats a rash thing to say), but some people here seem like they would almost be mad if we drafted him, when in all honesty he has the best arm of any of the QBs (including luck), that has to count for something. Plus he does play under center a bit, that also counts for something.

His maturity issues, according to ESPN, were with Michigan coaces (the Rich Rod Era), and Im going to assume that they just didn't like him because he wasn't a fit for the spread offense. ESPN even goes on to say he is a very hard worker, and involved with community service at Arkansas

I am not saying he is going to be great (I mean he could be but thats a rash thing to say), but some people here seem like they would almost be mad if we drafted him, when in all honesty he has the best arm of any of the QBs (including luck), that has to count for something. Plus he does play under center a bit, that also counts for something.

If we going off of Arm Strength then why didn't Kyle Boller work out in the NFL. Had no issues with character and could throw the ball 60 yards from his knees and didn't work out because he wasn't a good player. Arm Strength has zero to do with how a QB will end up its a plus but isn't the end of the world

You know what I see out of this draft? A bunch of QB's that are declaring and not many that are good enough to be selected with the #10 pick outside of Luck. Mallett is still my guy anyway so I say if he's available you snatch him and see what he can do. If they can't get him I say draft oline, dline, or trade back if they can package some kind of a deal with McNubb and HaynesWorthlessness

a couple of thoughts:

-if Mallett had receivers who could catch he'd have a few more TD's tonight

-Is it just me or do both teams have an exceptional amount of speed on the field? yeesh those guys are flying around

-what about Terrell Pryor as a 3rd or 4th round pick? (assuming we get one back by draft day)

---------- Post added January-4th-2011 at 11:48 PM ----------

also, what about that rb from AK? Looks great, he'd be great in shanny's scheme

Its not that they find reasons to hate them, its they can actually provide evidence that they aren't a good fit here. I can not stand Mallett. He comes off as a total d-bag and a horrible leader. But you can not deny his arm. He has the making of a great QB. Its just that I keep reading people say over and over that they would be happy with him. Those same people fail to realize that he would be a terrific pocket passing QB at the next level and thats not what we need/run.

I think a fair argument against your stance is that you are making the case for a player like Locker or Newton who have shown the athletic ability to succeed in Shannys offense but none of the decision making, accuracy, or mechanics to succeed in really any offense.

I personally would rather a guy I knew could be a pocket passer rather then a guy that could be a great QB in an offense if the stars align. To each his own.

You know what I see out of this draft? A bunch of QB's that are declaring and not many that are good enough to be selected with the #10 pick outside of Luck. Mallett is still my guy anyway so I say if he's available you snatch him and see what he can do. If they can't get him I say draft oline, dline, or trade back if they can package some kind of a deal with McNubb and HaynesWorthlessness

Why is he your guy please explain why in gods name he would work in this offense? Has he even rolled out ONCE in this game?? HE IS A POCKET PASSING QB.

a couple of thoughts:

-if Mallett had receivers who could catch he'd have a few more TD's tonight

-Is it just me or do both teams have an exceptional amount of speed on the field? yeesh those guys are flying around

-what about Terrell Pryor as a 3rd or 4th round pick? (assuming we get one back by draft day)

---------- Post added January-4th-2011 at 11:48 PM ----------

also, what about that rb from AK? Looks great, he'd be great in shanny's scheme

In response to you Zoony you could make that case with a lot of QB's. If Locker's WR's catch half of the 47 passes they dropped this year he's probably at a 60% completion percentage its just the nature of the beast. As for the speed yes its ridiculous tonight and abnormal for a team like OSU because the Big Ten is traditionally not known as being a team of speed. Pryor is going to return to school, if he comes out it'll be a terrible decision and one that will come back to haunt him.

Knile Davis is who you are talking about and he's a very good young RB one that would be an excellent fit in our scheme although I like DeMarco Murray more than him and I believe Davis isn't draft eligible this year but I'm not sure

Pocket passer in a mobile passer offense, why is that so hard to see?????

For the umpteenth time... Matt Schaub! Regardless of what anybody says, he is not an athletic QB and I don't see him doing much more then what Mallett could do with the right coaching. Again, I am not a Mallett lover, but he is getting some unneccessary criticism/hate.

Archived