Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ryan Mallett Thread

Jofizz

i was REALLY impressed with Mallet last night. Other than that last interception he played an outstanding game. There were 3 throws in particular that seriously looked like absolutely perfect throws. He reminded me a lot like Drew Brees in his throwing accuracy. But apparently he has character issues. Whatever I think he looked awesome. Id be happy with this guy, Luck or Locker. I just hope its not Newton.

Im right there with you. Mallett played a really good game. His arm was better than advertised and he has great accuracy in a tough SEC.

I really dont know much about these immaturity or intelligence issues, and maybe theyre a dealbreaker. But I cant help thinking Mallett reminds me of Cutler.

No Cam newton. Anyone who cant see Bust written on this guy is blind. This guy is 50% Russell, 50% VY and 100% Bust. QBs with Newtons characteristics do not translate ever in the NFL.

The Sugar Bowl was the first time I have watched a full game of his. He played great until that INT at the very end: the stats just don't indicate it, because his receivers dropped more perfect passes than I have ever seen in a single game, and his entire OL was giving up pressure consistently, so he couldn't even step up into the pocket when his tackles got beat. The only reason they were in that game offensively was because of him.

That being said, the dude looks like a tank when he runs. Very slow moving, not mobile at all. Not sure that would work in this offense.

Mallet doesn't have the the complete package, aye, he has the big arm but that's about all he has, we need a QB with the brains and who is mobile enough to make the big play

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 07:31 AM ----------

If Mallett had receivers that could catch the Razorbacks they might have won, I live in Scotland so I don't see much of College football but from what I have saw of him he's far from the completed package, he's certainly not a starting QB for the Skins. Add more dimensions to his game..then..maybe, in time

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 07:35 AM ----------

I'd take Pryor, if I had the choice

• 2 weeks later...
Not that I care but thought that some here would want to see this. Not saying it's true because it's not out of the realm of possibilities that this is just one agent lying about this to lower Mallets draft stock but a report's come out that he's got some substance abuse problems:

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/character-concern-ryan-mallett/

Wow. This is big. Ironically it is poster by an eser with the name addicted

Wow. This is big. Ironically it is poster by an eser with the name addicted

Like I said I don't care about this news or about Mallet so don't even try to say I'm working an agenda here. I've done worse then what was reported there lol but know lots of Mallet supporters are out there and thought I'd share this. There has to be something at Arkansas right? Today Mallet, before that Jimmy Smith and Matt Jones. Coke is king I guess

Not that I care but thought that some here would want to see this. Not saying it's true because it's not out of the realm of possibilities that this is just one agent lying about this to lower Mallets draft stock but a report's come out that he's got some substance abuse problems:

I've been hearing people here on ES allude to coke problems for awhile. Not surprised that the story has legs. I'm REALLY hoping the 49ers or Titans take him, letting a better QB drop to us.

Now have to consider, assuming the rumors are true, that he might be entering the draft now because of his problem. If his problem gets out now he will have an easier time getting drafted this year. Instead of said problems coming out now and playing another year with said bad problems affecting his play and possible suspension. Assuming said issues are true.

I consider myself a Mallett supporter. As of right now, I'd be really happy if we drafted him because I think he's got the makings of a good NFL QB. As far as the drug thing goes, I really don't care if he's smoked pot before. I'd be willing to wager that well more than half of NCAA football players have smoked some weed at some point or another. If he's used coke, then that's a concern, but honestly if it was a one-time thing then it wouldn't change my mind about him. If he's got an actual coke habit, that's another story but I'll play wait-and-see with this one, considering it's just hearsay at this point.

Archived