Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ryan Mallett Thread

Jofizz

This game is simply echoing all the concerns people had before the game.

And his body language is just terrible right now, kicking and slapping at every OSU guy that sacks him. Not the kind of leadership you want to see in the biggest game of his career.

Terrible decision by Mallett just stared down his receiver and should have been picked off

No. His receiver gave up on that route. Watch the play again. The WR lays up at the end of the play and would have been in perfect position to get both hands on the ball and drop it had he kept running. ;)

On a side note, Mallett has good pocket presence but just isn't agile or quick enough to move his body where he knows he needs to go. Poor guy. :silly:

He's not mobile though and that's a huge drawback for the offense we run where we like more mobile QB's who can rollout and make plays outside of the pocket, while Mallett is more of a straight pocket passer QB

I'll admit that I've never seen him in a live game, but in a highlight reel of him (of about 30 plays), I'd say about 35% of the plays shown were of him throwing on the run.

He kind of reminds me of Eli Manning... and that's a good thing.

I would even love a poor man's Michael Vick in terms of athleticism at QB. However, I'm afraid if we get a QB with that ability, he's going to rely on his feet too much because of our crappy pass protection. I think we need a QB that can avoid the initial rush or someone that can get the ball out quicker. Although, whoever we get... he NEEDS to be able to take hits.

No. His receiver gave up on that route. Watch the play again. The WR lays up at the end of the play and would have been in perfect position to get both hands on the ball and drop it had he kept running. ;)

On a side note, Mallett has good pocket presence but just isn't agile or quick enough to move his body where he knows he needs to go. Poor guy. :silly:

I stand corrected I was quick to judge on it because I really felt that Safety needed to get that pick dropping it was terrible but you are right he did stop

He looks nervous in the pocket to me. He has good foot work, great size and a rocket for an arm. He doesn't seem to move around in the pocket very well, or at least comfortably. But his arm strength is impressive. Really like his mechanics. He's not a mobile guy and not a great fit for a rollout style offense, but he is a solid pocket passer. The addition of Mallett to the Redskins would mean that Kyle would need to change some aspects of the offense.

Not a fan of his general attitude and demeanor, and if we didn't change our offense to better fit McNabb I doubt we change it for Mallett.

Archived