Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ryan Mallett Thread

Jofizz

As it stands I have Mallett rated fifth. I'm going to watch a lot more film on all the QB candidates soon and follownthe combine closely, but tonight is not helping his case, at least in my eyes.

I am not even a big Mallett supporter, but I don't understand how his performance tonight could be hurting his case.

Very true. But, I don't see how that's relevant. Malletts WR's are killing him and his team right now. He is single handedly keeping ARK in this game. I think a comeback win would go a long way in proving his intangibles. People are complaining about his scrapping with the OSU defenders, but all I see is Tom Brady out there. Even though I hate Brady, his players love him.

Right but my point I've been stating is that they've been bad one game, Locker's receivers have been bad all year

How is your top 5 ranked, curious to see because I have Mallett 5th as well but was curious what the top 4 was

As of now:

1- Andrew Luck

2- Blaine Gabbert

3- Jake Locker/Cam Newton

5- Ryan Mallett

I've been watching more stuff from Dalton, Devlin, McElroy lately. And some Kellen Moore. Right now, Dalton and Devlin are looking pretty good and are threatening to jump in the top 5.

As of now:

1- Andrew Luck

2- Blaine Gabbert

5- Ryan Mallett

I've been watching more stuff from Dalton, Devlin, McElroy lately. And some Kellen Moore. Right now, Dalton and Devlin are looking pretty good and are threatening to jump in the top 5.

Okay because my list was

1-Luck

2-Gabbert

3- Locker

4- Devlin

5- Mallett

I left Newton off because I'm still too uneasy to make a projection of him I just don't know with Newton

I know Dilfer and McShay and even Cowherd have all been saying that Dalton will shoot up draft boards once teams really start to evaluate him.

The more I watch from him, the more I like him. I'd bet he'll be in my final top 5.

I'm seeing Drew Bledsoe in Mallett.

Funny because I really see a guy like this as a very successful career backup or successor to Tom Brady. If he has a good system where he plays shotgun...looks over the defenders....and makes quick reads....he will succeed.

An offensive line like ours would be horrible for him. I'm going to continue looking into Pat Devlin, Ricky Stanzi, and McElroy as potential franchise QBs here.

Newton, in the vein of Mike Vick, will be hard to break of the take off and run habit. Like Vick he'll use his athleticism to make plays, but as the season wears on, especially an 18 game season, He won't be able to make those kind of plays. In fact, an 18 game season would really make me turn away from guys like that. No way they can take the pounding that runners do and make it through the season healthy. I wouldn't even take Vick as my guy.

Man, I'm telling you guys, Gabbert is the real deal holyfield. The guys who stayed up to watch his performance against Iowa were amazed, me being one of them. The kid has superstar written all over him.

Outside of the one terrible pass he made I was speechless watching him play. The touch and arm strength he showed on NFL style throws was ridiculous

Outside of the one terrible pass he made I was speechless watching him play. The touch and arm strength he showed on NFL style throws was ridiculous

Exactly. I was in the same boat man. I want to say, prototypical QB play wise, it was the best performance I've seen this season. The accuracy and release were insane.

My top 5 Qbs

Luck

...........Huge gap

Locker

Cam

Mallett/Blaine

I have to say that it's mind boggling (to me atleast) how you would have Locker and Newton above Mallett/Blaine. After Luck, I think Mallett is definitely the least risky pick as a pure pocket passing QB. You put him behind a good OL and he is going to move an offense. Gabbert has all the tools and also has the intelligence (1st or 2nd team academic all-american) which I think it extremely important. Locker and Newton just have so many question marks to me. Athletic freeks who lack the polish that even some high school QB's come out with.

As of now:

1- Andrew Luck

2- Blaine Gabbert

5- Ryan Mallett

Thats my list also.

Damn Luck looked so good and so polished last night, oh well, he is but a fantasy.

I am still of the opinion that Gabbert, with his quick release, arm strength and size will make a fine qb for us.

I have to say that it's mind boggling (to me atleast) how you would have Locker and Newton above Mallett/Blaine. After Luck, I think Mallett is definitely the least risky pick as a pure pocket passing QB. You put him behind a good OL and he is going to move an offense. Gabbert has all the tools and also has the intelligence (1st or 2nd team academic all-american) which I think it extremely important. Locker and Newton just have so many question marks to me. Athletic freeks who lack the polish that even some high school QB's come out with.

I agree.

I'd have

Luck

..huge gap..

Gabbert

Mallett

Newton

Locker

Locker has shown far more inconsistency than any of the other QBs have this year. That's unnerving, but I haven't seen but 2 or 3 of his games this year. Not even the Nebraska Bowl Game would, to me, come close to warranting a Top 10 pick.

Archived