Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1067thefandc.cbslocal.com: Statement from Haynesworth’s Agent

TK

The best offer for him before this was a 4th rounder by Tenn. Allen and Shanny are going to get a ton more mileage out of the message they are sending. Either you give it your all or we don't want you. I know there are going to be people who disagree with me, but I applaud what Allen and Shanny are doing.

Agreed. Coming to Washington for a big pay day and not WORKING for it are over. At least if we pay someone now, they will know what is expected of them, otherwise, you *** is riding the pine and being cut.

The more I read about this, the more I think it's just a way for the Skins to get him away from the team until seasons end, so they can get something for him.. It doesnt look like theres any real evidence of "conduct detremental" but they dont need to prove it to suspend him.. It'll probably take the rest of the season to be worked out, so he'll be away from the team which is probably all they want/expect.. I imagine AH will get his money in the end, but at least he wont be around the team anymore..

Bruce confirmed to me today, that there have been no other letters or formal notices of any kind sent to Albert during the regular season suggesting that he was engaging in conduct detrimental to the team.

Bruce and Mike could have easily done this to add documentation to the suspension for the appeal which they HAD to anticipate happening... if this is true, that's a silly oversight.

If it is true it could end up being a costly oversight. Obviously, I am not versed in the specifics of how these appeals, etc are handled, but since this is the maximum allowed team suspension I would think that some sort of prior documentation/hard evidence would be asked for. If this is true Haynesworth could win the appeal on those grounds.

I think it was such public knowledge and there are so many witnesses inside and outside of Redskin Park that Haynesworth was acting inappropriately in his employer's view that his agent's response doesn't hold water. It's an impossibility that Haynesworth was in the dark about what was going on and how management felt. Shanahan stated it bluntly in every press conference from training camp to today.

Bruce confirmed to me today, that there have been no other letters or formal notices of any kind sent to Albert during the regular season suggesting that he was engaging in conduct detrimental to the team.

Bruce and Mike could have easily done this to add documentation to the suspension for the appeal which they HAD to anticipate happening... if this is true, that's a silly oversight.

Well, maybe the lack of a paper trail shows that this wasn't premeditated and that they had good intentions earlier in the season (hoping they could all co-exist). Some local sports radio personalities believe that the new regime was hired with the marching orders to get Snyder's $21M back and that this entire season was a charade to eventually attempt to suspend Haynesworth and recoup the money.

I believe that the lack of an audit trail (as you said, that would be CYA 101) and the fact that, when hired, neither Shanahan nor Allen had any idea Haynesworth would skip mini-camp or scoff at the 3-4 are the main reasons those arguments are ridiculous.

Also, showing up hungover/drunk/menstruating whatever to the side.

He stated he would "no longer speak with the coach"

If that isn't detrimental to the team, I don't know what is. Like it or not, the coach is the boss, and you are obligated to speak with him. Maybe that alone is enough.

The best offer for him before this was a 4th rounder by Tenn. Allen and Shanny are going to get a ton more mileage out of the message they are sending. Either you give it your all or we don't want you. I know there are going to be people who disagree with me, but I applaud what Allen and Shanny are doing.

This has already been quoted but I wanted to add to it.

Our GM and HC are trying to change the culture around here and this is part of it. A 4th round pick is not worth as much as making every player stand on notice that the player that is preforming day in and day out at practice will play ahead of the one that has the big contract. Complaints about some of the vet's playing ahead of the younger guys just because we should "see what they have to offer" are not in line with what is going on with this team.

We are laying the ground work for a total overhaul while at the same time trying to field a competative team that. Why do you go out and get a McNabb? So you can actually evaluate what you have at WR. Until we have players that are on board with the scheme (think NE, Pitt, Baltimore, Indy, NO, Eagles, Atlanta) and hold themselves accountable then we will not become what we as fans want this team to be. It is going to take time. Players are going to be made examples of (AH, DT to date). Let's look at the finished product in two years and evaluate that instead of stressing about every single twist and turn along the way. Enjoy the wins (more this year then last). :D

Shanahan stated it bluntly in every press conference from training camp to today.

He did? Until today, I've not heard Shanny say much of anything derogatory toward AH.. I do recall him saying how well he looked in practice a few times and on film though.. I've heard him say other players ahead of AH were grasping the new scheme better than Al, but reading between the lines isnt gonna cut it in an arbitration/court setting.. This move gets AH away from the team, w/o cutting him outright, and letting him get away scott free.. By the time it dets settled, the season will be over, AH will get his money, and we'll HOPEFULLY be able to get something for him in trade..

the redskins have become the laughing stock of the sports world. when will we ever makes the headlines for good play or get to december and have the games mean something. i am sick and tired of this ****. i am a diehard fan but i am HURT the redskins are killing me and we deserve better. Haynesworth should have been gone before the season started. When someone says they are not going to play where you want them to play then you SHOW THEM THE DOOR. you get him out before he becomes even more of a problem. this is 50% shannahans fault. As for FAT ALBERT grow up. you are playing a mans sport and you are getting paid too much money to do it so go out there every sunday listen to coaches and play your ass off. 25% your fault. Dan Snyder. GO SCREW YOU SELFISH POS, i hate with you everything that is hatrid. we need to build a team not sign all the greatest free agents for a trillion dollars each year. I DESPISE YOU. 25% your fault. but 100% my frusteration. ALBERT is a joke and needs to nut up. If i were him i would bust my ass for my TEAM, how old are we when we learn THERE IS NO I IN TEAM. get off of my team albert and snyder dont you come near it.

He did? Until today, I've not heard Shanny say much of anything derogatory toward AH.. I do recall him saying how well he looked in practice a few times and on film though.. I've heard him say other players ahead of AH were grasping the new scheme better than Al, but reading between the lines isnt gonna cut it in an arbitration/court setting.. This move gets AH away from the team, w/o cutting him outright, and letting him get away scott free.. By the time it dets settled, the season will be over, AH will get his money, and we'll HOPEFULLY be able to get something for him in trade..

I believe I've heard him say a billion times at the beginning of the season that he was deactivated because he missed/couldn't practice. As the season went on, he continued to say when people asked why he wasn't starting how Albert wasn't showing enough in practice to indicate that he was getting it.

Terrel Owens filed a grievance pursuant to a 4 game suspension for "conduct detrimental to a team" back in 2005.

Here is the arbitration ruling from the Terrel Owens case. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2234819

The Eagles claimed that T.O. engaged in disruptive conduct because he wanted to either get out of his 7 year, 49 mill. contract, or to be released. T.O., through the NFLPA, claimed that T.O. did not engage in a "concentrated campaign" to disrupt the team and, accordingly, the 4 game suspension was too harsh and not based on "just cause". T.O.'s grievance was denied.

From the arbitration ruling:

This case, then, is about the challenge faced by this team, dealing with this player in these particular circumstances. Mr. Owens and his agent threatened a campaign of disruption and implemented it through repeated acts, large and small, of disrespect, dissent and insubordination, culminating with a well-publicized verbal assault on the team and on the quarterback.

Also of note: Andy Ried "papered the file" with letters noting the disruption. Shanahan apparently did not do that here. On the other hand, Haynesworth's agent did publicly state that, basically, Albert wanted out and if he did not get what he wanted, there would be a "distraction" for the team. Drew Rosenhaus made a similar threat which, a quoted above, the arbitration ruling found significant.

I can't fathom Haynesworth winning any appeal...if he does win, it will be because there are some things that must be followed according to the contract signed with the players union that somehow didn't get followed.

Yup. There has to be progression...it is very difficult to justify a 0 to 4 game suspension without some egregious behavior, of which not stroking Shannahan's ego Isn't included.

Add this to McPOS and the 3-4 switch to bad decisions by Shanny. AH will win his appeal. Although I believe in Shanny's goal to create order and change the culture, Im personally tired of Shanny of going out of his way to embarass and make examples of certain players.

Just think, we had a top 10 4-3 defense last year. Really, AH doesnt want to be a 3-4 NT and I can't blame him. If Shanny would have been a bit more reasonable, he should have kept what wasn't broken and I eblieve AH would have done very well and not been this distraction. Then trade him as we switch. But Shanny just had to move to a 3-4 despite the fact that we didnt have any 3-4 personell just because---he's Shanny and knows best. What do we have with Shanny's decision? the LAST ranked defense that has embarassed on National TV for two weeks in a row and an under-30 AllPro DT that is basically worthless. The outcome couldn't be worse and Shanny is to blame.

I hope Shanny keeps this guy on the team: we have already paid him and eventually someone will trade us a good pick for the most dominant 4-3 DT in the league. I dont care if he is the 53rd man and sits the bench for the rest of his career in Washington. Releasing AH only gives him what he wants and doesnt get us anywhere. I also hope Shanny gets over himself. AH isn't the only arrogant diva who hasnt produced for the team.

So he signs the record contract. Shows up year one completely out of shape and then slops his way through the season complaining about how blatche is using him. Then tries to stage a Christmas practice coup and calls for all players to skip practice. Then in the offseason he decides he's not going to work out at Redskins park accepts a 21 million dollar bonus, then asks for a trade. Then show's up to camp and fails the conditioning test 4 times and still says he wont play nose tackle. Then he takes off practice for an entire week and a half to attend a half brothers funeral (fyi took the owners jet to tenn). Then shows up late to a team meeting after being out at the bar until 2am (claims he wasn't hung over). Yesterday spouts off on the Kevin and Rock show and finally today tells Bruce Allen he's not talking to Shanahan anymore. I'm having a hard time seeing how they have a grievance.

Albert was a piece of **** this year and last. He's a great player when he's motivated and that happens ever 1 in 20 snaps. At least TO out performed a contract. Albert didn't earn ****.

Statement from Haynesworth’s Agent

Grant Paulsen

http://1067thefandc.cbslocal.com/2010/12/07/statement-from-haynesworths-agent/

Here is the full statement, as it was released by Albert Haynesworth’s agent, Chad Speck, on Tuesday evening.

“Albert Haynesworth was shocked today when Washington Redskins General Manager Bruce Allen informed him that Coach Mike Shanahan had suspended him without pay for the remainder of the season.”

Albert Haynesworth’s agent Chad Speck issued the following statement:

“I have reviewed the Notice of Suspension letter sent to Albert by Bruce Allen as well as the comments made by Coach Shanahan. Albert and I have discussed the claims made in the Notice of Suspension and we disagree with the Redskins’ decision. He was surprised by the suspension, the maximum permitted under the CBA, and will certainly appeal it. The accusations made by Coach Shanahan and Bruce Allen are vague and without merit. Since training camp began, today’s notice was the first that Albert received informing him that his conduct was not consistent with the “terms of his contract” as Coach Shanahan claims. Bruce confirmed to me today, that there have been no other letters or formal notices of any kind sent to Albert during the regular season suggesting that he was engaging in conduct detrimental to the team. We will begin the appeal process immediately and expect the facts to come to light during arbitration. Albert has repeatedly asked for a bigger role in the defense – he simply wants to play and maximize his contribution to the team. It is unfortunate that he has not been utilized more, as the Redskins defense causes more turnovers and gives up fewer total yards, rushing yards, passing yards, first downs, third down conversions and points when Albert plays in the game.”

Dear Mr. Speck,

Your appeal has been denied. We hope you and Mr. Haynesworth have a very happy holiday and a prosperous new year. Please accept these johnny rocket "buy 1 get 1 free" coupons as severance during these difficult economic times.

Love always,

Shanny, Brucey, and Danny

xoxo

Yup. There has to be progression...it is very difficult to justify a 0 to 4 game suspension without some egregious behavior, of which not stroking Shannahan's ego Isn't included.

Add this to McPOS and the 3-4 switch to bad decisions by Shanny. AH will win his appeal. Although I believe in Shanny's goal to create order and change the culture, Im personally tired of Shanny of going out of his way to embarass and make examples of certain players.

Just think, we had a top 10 4-3 defense last year. Really, AH doesnt want to be a 3-4 NT and I can't blame him. If Shanny would have been a bit more reasonable, he should have kept what wasn't broken and I eblieve AH would have done very well and not been this distraction. Then trade him as we switch. But Shanny just had to move to a 3-4 despite the fact that we didnt have any 3-4 personell just because---he's Shanny and knows best. What do we have with Shanny's decision? the LAST ranked defense that has embarassed on National TV for two weeks in a row and an under-30 AllPro DT that is basically worthless. The outcome couldn't be worse and Shanny is to blame.

I hope Shanny keeps this guy on the team: we have already paid him and eventually someone will trade us a good pick for the most dominant 4-3 DT in the league. I dont care if he is the 53rd man and sits the bench for the rest of his career in Washington. Releasing AH only gives him what he wants and doesnt get us anywhere. I also hope Shanny gets over himself. AH isn't the only arrogant diva who hasnt produced for the team.

Something gives me the feeling that you don't like Mike Shanahan? :ols:

Something gives me the feeling that you don't like Mike Shanahan? :ols:

I think Im being fair. No offense but Shanny is just a fired coach who has taken big money from the Skins and has not produced crap. Seen that here for too long. Yes he has won SBs a long time a ago when he had one of the legendary QBs in NFL history. But he hasn't done squat for us and I think its right to question some of his moves: McPOS, the 3-4 switch for example. Plus, I don't really see where Shanny is leading this team. We're old and we don't have draft picks because we traded for an old QB. Skins have been there and done that. I personally don't know why Skins fans are so in love with Shanny. I'm willing to give him years but its clear he has mismanaged the 3-4 switch and the players that aren't 3-4 players, included AH

AH sucks, but Shanny blew this up because he just has to be right. Well, nothing he has really done looks like its right and I think it is a fair question for legit Redskin fans to ask.

--Chad Speck, screwing his client, Albert Haynesworth, June, 2010.

Good luck with that appeal process with comments like that on the record, Chad.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/haynesworth-will-skip-minicamp.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

yeah Chad's client list is thinning out.....

League investigators are interested in obtaining all communications between Haynesworth’s agent, Chad Speck, and Redskins officials in the weeks before free agency opened. Part of the difficulty, though, in determining the subject matter of the contact is that Speck also represents Redskins wide receiver Malcolm Kelly.

Our GM and HC are trying to change the culture around here and this is part of it. A 4th round pick is not worth as much as making every player stand on notice that the player that is preforming day in and day out at practice will play ahead of the one that has the big contract. Complaints about some of the vet's playing ahead of the younger guys just because we should "see what they have to offer" are not in line with what is going on with this team.

We are laying the ground work for a total overhaul while at the same time trying to field a competative team that. Why do you go out and get a McNabb? So you can actually evaluate what you have at WR. Until we have players that are on board with the scheme (think NE, Pitt, Baltimore, Indy, NO, Eagles, Atlanta) and hold themselves accountable then we will not become what we as fans want this team to be. It is going to take time. Players are going to be made examples of (AH, DT to date). Let's look at the finished product in two years and evaluate that instead of stressing about every single twist and turn along the way. Enjoy the wins (more this year then last). :D

Very well said. That's exactly what they're doing.

If you are going to change the culture, Haynesworth should have never even been on the team - he definitely shouldn't have even made it training camp.

One of the things that I really liked about Payton is he cut all the dead weight fairly quickly - esp. Wayne Gandy, Johnathan Sullivan, Aaron Brooks, Courtney Watson, Dwight Smith etc. No one got the benefit of the doubt. They got rid of their entire linebacking core and a good portion of their secondary. Under Haslett the Saints had a long history of signing low character and/or never-was players who seemed "talented" like Dale Carter, Ricky Williams, Ki-Jana Carter, Tebucky Jones etc. Payton changed all that - if they would have to compromise on talent, they would. But the players had to want to play for the coach over and above everything. You can especially see it in their draft chocies that year (2006) - Roman Harper was considered a massive reach in the 2nd round because many thought he lacked the athleticism. Alot didn't like the Jahri Evans pick because he played IAA ball.

The only one that was somewhat questionable was Joe Horn ... but I think Payton really tested him at mini- and training camp and reigned him in somewhat. He's done a similiar thing with Shockey (although Payton knew Shockey)

Archived