Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1067thefandc.cbslocal.com: Statement from Haynesworth’s Agent

TK

Statement from Haynesworth’s Agent

Grant Paulsen

http://1067thefandc.cbslocal.com/2010/12/07/statement-from-haynesworths-agent/

Here is the full statement, as it was released by Albert Haynesworth’s agent, Chad Speck, on Tuesday evening.

“Albert Haynesworth was shocked today when Washington Redskins General Manager Bruce Allen informed him that Coach Mike Shanahan had suspended him without pay for the remainder of the season.”

Albert Haynesworth’s agent Chad Speck issued the following statement:

“I have reviewed the Notice of Suspension letter sent to Albert by Bruce Allen as well as the comments made by Coach Shanahan. Albert and I have discussed the claims made in the Notice of Suspension and we disagree with the Redskins’ decision. He was surprised by the suspension, the maximum permitted under the CBA, and will certainly appeal it. The accusations made by Coach Shanahan and Bruce Allen are vague and without merit. Since training camp began, today’s notice was the first that Albert received informing him that his conduct was not consistent with the “terms of his contract” as Coach Shanahan claims. Bruce confirmed to me today, that there have been no other letters or formal notices of any kind sent to Albert during the regular season suggesting that he was engaging in conduct detrimental to the team. We will begin the appeal process immediately and expect the facts to come to light during arbitration. Albert has repeatedly asked for a bigger role in the defense – he simply wants to play and maximize his contribution to the team. It is unfortunate that he has not been utilized more, as the Redskins defense causes more turnovers and gives up fewer total yards, rushing yards, passing yards, first downs, third down conversions and points when Albert plays in the game.”

I can't fathom Haynesworth winning any appeal...if he does win, it will be because there are some things that must be followed according to the contract signed with the players union that somehow didn't get followed.

Well, just a wild guess, but it could turn out to be a problem that they didn't send any formal written notices / warnings. Those would certainly help.

Obviously it seems that there is plenty of other evidence to suggest "conduct detrimental" to be very provable, but maybe there are some technicalities there.

This is pretty sad because I'm not a football fan because I like drama. So yeah, this team is kind of worthless in that regard right now - all they are offering in terms of entertainment right now is drama.

“The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago – regardless of the money,” agent Chad Speck said in a phone interview. “He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins.

“This situation will be a distraction to the Redskins and to Albert and his teammates. I am certain [head coach] Mike [shanahan] and [General Manager]Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year and it’s probably in everyone’s best interests for the Redskins to make a deal and trade Albert.

--Chad Speck, screwing his client, Albert Haynesworth, June, 2010.

Good luck with that appeal process with comments like that on the record, Chad.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/haynesworth-will-skip-minicamp.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

Nice spin.

Allen and Shanahan are not stupid; they wouldn't make a move like this without sufficient evidence and documentation.

So screw you Haynesworth.

Bruce confirmed to me today, that there have been no other letters or formal notices of any kind sent to Albert during the regular season suggesting that he was engaging in conduct detrimental to the team.

Bruce and Mike could have easily done this to add documentation to the suspension for the appeal which they HAD to anticipate happening... if this is true, that's a silly oversight.

Bruce confirmed to me today, that there have been no other letters or formal notices of any kind sent to Albert during the regular season suggesting that he was engaging in conduct detrimental to the team.

Bruce and Mike could have easily done this to add documentation to the suspension for the appeal which they HAD to anticipate happening... if this is true, that's a silly oversight.

Might not matter.

If someone commits a crime tonight they could suspend him tomorrow for conduct detrimental.

Anytime a player has a quote along the lines of "They won't let me play the way I want to play" it usually spells doom for their tenure with whatever team they are currently on.

Remember when Warren Sapp called Lavar, "Mr. Can't Get-Right" because Lavar was mad that Marvin Lewis wanted him to play disciplined football? Well as soon as Marvin Lewis leaves, Lavar was never as productive again....and then it led to conflict with Joe Gibbs, and suddenly Lavar is a NYG......

Haynesworth made it pretty clear to everyone with his own statements that he didn't feel he should have to play the way the coaches were asking. Just google all of his statements from the time Shanny was hired.

Haynesworth made his bed.....

This pisses me off because Haynesworth should do whatever they ask him to do seeing his 100 mil contract!? I just hate that this will absoulety kill his trade value to the fact we won't be able to get anything for him.

Trade value??!! Seriously? He HAS NO trade value! If he did, we would have sent his arse to some other unlucky team MONTHS ago!

It's time to count our losses and move on. Maybe Danny will learn his lesson THIS time?! :whoknows:

This pisses me off because Haynesworth should do whatever they ask him to do seeing his 100 mil contract!? I just hate that this will absoulety kill his trade value to the fact we won't be able to get anything for him.

The best offer for him before this was a 4th rounder by Tenn. Allen and Shanny are going to get a ton more mileage out of the message they are sending. Either you give it your all or we don't want you. I know there are going to be people who disagree with me, but I applaud what Allen and Shanny are doing.

What a <****> debacle. Totally embarrassing.

The acquisition of Haynesworth is Danny's finest moment in failure.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your profane word and let the filters do their job. ... We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "#&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Archived