Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many miles do you drive?

Slateman

So, even though I'm stationed abroad, I still scan the ads for back home. I spotted this

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2057614002.html

And, I'm asking myself, is 80k in two years normal? That seems absurd to me. Thats like a 150 mile commute a day. Three hours in car a day!?

I have a 95 M3 with 90k and change. He's almost caught me with like 13 fewer years.

Too much. I bought my car new in 2008. As of today I have 45,000 and change. I hate it and I have to put premium in it (IS 250). Wish I had bought an MPG car as opposed to flashy. Doesn't really do much for me.

what kinda car do you drive?

I probably at most drive 23 miles a day, but i drove about 400 yesterday so i dunno

what kinda car do you drive?

I probably at most drive 23 miles a day, but i drove about 400 yesterday so i dunno

2008 Lexus IS 250.

My ex-girlfriend lives in West Hollywood, and I live in Manhattan Beach, so that took a lot of miles. Used to work in the Valley. And just general LA lifestyle. I hate it sorta. Gimme a metro or something, or some affordable taxis.

My longest commute was 27 miles one way. I was clocking about 25,000 miles/year that year. Tell you what, when my wife and I go to visit family we leave at the crack of dawn to go north on 270. Bumper to bumper traffic going into DC starts about 5 miles deep on 70W at 6 am! That's 50+ miles from DC.

Now I do about 10,000 and most of that is from trips and errands. Work only uses about 3K/year

Folks whose job involves sales calls over a reasonably large territory can get to that sort of mileage consistently.

Yep, used to be me. 40k easily covering all of MD and NoVA when I lived near Balto. We bought a third car just so we wouldn't have to put all those miles on my baby. Even though that's a ton of miles, my company paid for my gas and gave me $200/month for car maintenance; it was a sweet deal, really. Never thought I'd miss that job, but I do. Now I only put on fifteenish commuting to my warehouse job.

It is a good idea to cut down on long commutes if you can. Highways are very dangerous places.You are going 80 and on a long haul, it is very easy to become "hypnotized" where you are not paying good attention to the road.

I used to brag about what a tough guy I was driving 21 hours strait. etc. no more;

"ego is the mortal enemy of common sense!"

Folks whose job involves sales calls over a reasonably large territory can get to that sort of mileage consistently.

Yes. I cover Hampton Roads, Richmond and the Shen Valley for work and easily hit 35-40k a year, sometimes more.

But like Hendrix said, I get gas paid and a car allowance. Company credit cards are fun.

Archived