Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman is biased against the Skins (MET)

william1970

Let's be honest Aikman is a damn good commentator. Probably in the Top Five.But we as Skins fans will always hold him to a different standard.

I'm not sure about damn good, but pretty good and better than his cohorts is more accurate. I think he has been very fair with his games but only recently has taken the downward turn. Personally I think Buck, who I despise, is turning Aikamn into a mindless biased/tv ratings monger.

That IS how it is in the NFL. Big time players get favorable calls all the time. Aikman was dead on with that one.

Your missing the point kid. Of course that's how it is. Happens in every sport. (How many times did Michael Jordan get called for traveling?) Its just that when its a no-call (or flag) that benefits the Skins in the eyes of Aikmen that is poor officiating. If the no-call (or flag) is against the Skins, its a great player getting it to go his way.

I didnt think anything could beat Aikman's stupidity after last week of blaming the refs for Andy Reid's incompetence. but low and behold, this week i heard one worse. After the Packers missed that field goal i hear the spewing stupidity "That was a great kick...well, other than it missing" How can a kick be even minutely good if it misses!?!

It is OUR job to constantly spew the pro-Skins commentary all game, not Aikman's. Some of you sound pissed that he doesn't spontaneously start singing HTTR during the games.

The league does not want anyone questioning officiating, no matter how awful it is. Aikman n Buck did probably more in the way of commenting on the refs than the league would want. It is something that football fans have known for years, the refs can and do effect the outcome of games regularly, but everyone ignores that 800 lb. gorilla in the room. How many times have we seen utterly abysmal calls made, and a coach fined for saying something in a postgame interview? Aikman does a good job, actually understands the game and tries to follow it. Yes, he is an ex-Cowboy and may still have some personal feelings vis-a-vis other teams but he is one of the better ones to have call a game.

Yes, he is an ex-Cowboy and may still have some personal feelings vis-a-vis other teams but he is one of the better ones to have call a game.

then why have him commentate on EVERY SINGLE game of his ex-rival. The skins fans dont like hearing his bull****. Give us theismann or some ****. why throw an ex cowboy in the comment on the skins, of COURSE he's going to be biased.

Does it really matter who commentates on the game? Honestly guys?

Aikman has consistently been one of the better commentators out there, and as s former player, even if he does have a little "anti NFC East teams taht arent' Dallas" bias, they are FOX's #1 announce team, and the fact that our games keep getting them, means that our games are the premier game that Fox has this week.

Just let it be guys. No reason to get your panties in a bunch.

Also, Theismann? Really? Whenever he commentates a 'Skins game, I feel like the team is full of HOFers and Legends.

Aikman had it in his mind that we going to lose, so he never gave us credit for nothing until we started taking it to Green Bay, then his tone started to change. He was really getting on my nerves with his crap. Most of the time i like him but yesterday I was yelling at the tv for him to Shut the F--K up.

I saw Aikman and Buck yesterday in a Black GMC Yukon coming out from under the stadium, the PG Police stopped us from walking and directed them out....my Daughter and I were 2ft from him as he had his back window cracked....1 fan booed him bigtime while another (grown man older then Aikman) was asking for his autograph....even called him Mr. Aikman....LOL

Troy is actually pretty good at what he does. He will slip a little biased comment in every once and a while but no one is worse then Jimmy Johnson. 16-0 or 0-16, he is picking the Cowboys.

I agree. I think Aikman is the best at what he does nowadays, I don't feel he is biased at all, I think overall he's pretty fair. No problems with the guy here.

I don't get the hate for Aikman. Obviously he is a Cowboys fan, but if you didn't know that going in, you wouldn't be able to determine that by the way he announces games. He does a very good job of being objective considering he's constantly calling games involving rivals of the Cowboys. He might be one of my favorite commentators at this point.

The Philly game was the worst I've heard from Troy, I can't stand that ****. He never has anything good to say about the Redskins. I guess it doesn't help the Cowboys are in last place and look terrible. And in the year they were supposed to be so great and play a Superbowl in their own stadium. Ahhhh it feels so good to watch them squirm. The bias is there and if you can't admit that you are a moron (the first guy to reply to this post in particular). Great win! Let's get Indy! :helmet:

then why have him commentate on EVERY SINGLE game of his ex-rival. The skins fans dont like hearing his bull****. Give us theismann or some ****. why throw an ex cowboy in the comment on the skins, of COURSE he's going to be biased.

Because he and Joe Buck are Fox's #1 crew, and our games always seem to be big games with lots of interest. Fox doesn't do it to "stick it to the Redskins", they do it because we matter, and they want to have the #1 crew working our games. When you see Kenny Albert in the booth, you know its not a big game.

Aikman is an asshat. But I hate almost all football announcers. It's funny how they now have the "Command Center," which is essentially someone who actually knows what he's talking about. Why don't they just let that guy call the game?

I'd rather hear Aikman than Theismann. I don't know what Aikman is doing that makes people think he's so biased, other than him being a ex-Cowboy.

I didnt think anything could beat Aikman's stupidity after last week of blaming the refs for Andy Reid's incompetence. but low and behold, this week i heard one worse. After the Packers missed that field goal i hear the spewing stupidity "That was a great kick...well, other than it missing" How can a kick be even minutely good if it misses!?!

When it's a 52 yarder and had the leg behind it to go 60+ easily.

Aikman had it in his mind that we going to lose, so he never gave us credit for nothing until we started taking it to Green Bay, then his tone started to change. He was really getting on my nerves with his crap. Most of the time i like him but yesterday I was yelling at the tv for him to Shut the F--K up.

Did you watch the game? The Packers were dominating early, so any sane football fan would have thought that.

This is directed at everybody complaining about Aikman: Here's a clue - if the other team is playing better, they are going to get more attention and compliments from the commentating team. Jeezus some of you people are such freaking crybabies "They hate us... He's biased... Why won't they say nice things about us..." :rolleyes:

Aikman is as even-handed as they come as a color guy. If you can't stand any negative Redskins comments turn the sound down and tune in Larry Michael. Otherwise, quit being such whiny crybabies. It's ridiculous.

man how many times did troy mention clay matthews? 'if he was in the game, things would be different.' no **** troy. but he was out. quit bringing it up. you were never a packer. why are you making excuses for them. let the coaches/players/fans do that monday morning. geez.

This is what is considered biased? Clay Matthews was dominating more than any defensive player on either team. Of course the commentator should mention him being out a few times! And I'd be surprised if anyone would have balanced those statements with the fact that Trent Williams was also injured.

Absolutely. Any chance he gets, he rips the front office. Any success we have on the field is a shock or surprise to him b/c as part the Fox "A" Team everything about our games is usually framed by the more highly thought of opposition. They're tripping over themselves to complement Romo sits to pee or Rodgers or Brees even though the game itself isn't going to script. Our team is coming together and playing outside of themselves and all he does is repeatedly mention that Clay Matthews is out. Agreed Troy, I got the jist after the twentieth time you brought it up....and yeah, that's still him on the sideline with a towel on his head for the sixtieth time, thanks camera guy. Last week in the midst of beating the living **** out of the Eagles, he said that the team with the most to gain from that game was the Dallas Cowboys?!?!

I don't blame him, Wilbur Marshall forced him to change face masks and Lavar Arrington literally ended his career so I get it, I just don't know what we did to deserve having to have him do all our games that matter and if it's not him it's Moose ******* Johnston. Whatever happened to AFC guys doing NFC games or vice versa? DirecTV should offer up local audio for the games it's ridiculous.

I'm one of the biggest Troy haters out there but he called a fairly decent game yesterday for the most part. I still hate Joe Buck though.

^ Agreed. I can't stand Joe Buck. I have no problems with Aikman for the most part, but Buck is absolutely horrible whether he is calling baseball games or football games. Just awful to listen to.

What do you expect from a Cowboy HOFer? The hatred between these clubs is for life. I expect it. But I still think Troy is the best commentator in the game today. But don't fault him for hating on the 'Skins. He bleeds blue. But you sure can enjoy the thought that he's not happy when we win games! LOL!

Archived