Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman is biased against the Skins (MET)

william1970

If the networks didn't have the star cast from Brokeback Mountain cover the game, no one would be complaining.

So when Colin Cowterd or Jason Whitlock make equally biased, uninformed and inflammatory posts and comments, the board doesn't complain?

You've been here over a year now, you should know better! :ols:

So when Colin Cowterd or Jason Whitlock make equally biased, uninformed and inflammatory posts and comments, the board doesn't complain?

You've been here over a year now, you should know better! :ols:

Well I guess I can't speak for everyone, so let me rephrase that: If the networks didn't have the star cast from Brokeback Mountain cover the game, I would not be complaining.

IMO, not only is he an unbiased commentator, but he actually seems to overcompensate being overly critical of Dallas.

Truth. Troy Aikman, as much as I hated him as a player, is by far the best color commentator in the game. He is very fair and unbiased in his analysis and doesn't give Dallas a break just because he played there.

i personally think he is 100% correct on Troy. Come on dude, he blamed the refs for reid's incompetence! thats freaking ridiculous. His biased anti-redskins **** is freaking annoying. he never gives us credit, its always either the other team let us do it or it was us getting a break. God forbid he admits the skins have skill.

This is BS. When we beat the Cowboys in 08 in Dallas, he was saying how well we were playing and giving us TONS of credit. His blaming the refs for Reid's incompetence is not actually related to anything the Redskins did or didn't do so you can't really point to that as an example.

Are you guys serious? Aikman is one of the best at not showing any bias. I don't know what game you were watching.

If you're talking about the fact that he tried to blame the refs for that delay of game, uh, so did I. Until it was explained thoroughly I thought the refs were screwing the Eagles too.

This comes up every time Aikman does a Redskins game, and I just don't see it. I don't see the anti-Redskins bias. I also don't see the pro-Cowboy bias that so many people complain about when he does their games. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as when Joe Namath used to do preseason Jets games and wouldn't even mention the opposing players by name.

Aikman is a total tool. He was biased all day. I had a friend call me who is a Chiefs fan and asked me why was Aikman hating on the Skin.

1. First series when Portis plows over the Eagles corner. Obviously he gets up wobbly Aikman: "Well I guess Clinton Portis is tired after one carry" No idiot he's dazed after dropping that bomb

2. Defending Reid when he screwed up the time management

3. Ernie Sims takes two full steps on McNabb and gets a flag, Aikman: "Uhhh, I can't see anything wrong with that one, he tried to hold him up" Funny coming from a QB Troy, I'm sure you missed how he didn't have to hit Mc5 at all

Anybody defending Aikman on his Skins commentary needs to clean out their ears.

lol you need to take the homer t-shirt off man.

Summary of your post: Don't say bad things about my favorite team.

I thought the Ernie Sims penalty was questionable, the Reid delay of game was a weird play and nobody really knew what was going on. I don't remember the comment about Portis.

aikman is usually very fair. He didnt seem his usual self at all even when they did their segment at halftime of the saints game. Fox needs to up their play by play guys tho. When Dick Stockton is calling the game you know it will be butchered. Kenny Albert struggles most games and looks like hes hungover 95% of the time. And Joe Buck talks just to hear himself talk.

FINALLY someone who reconizes how utterly BAD Dick Stockton is. He's been making unexcusable careless errors in play by play for years!! And according to my dad, he's been doing this for over 20 years, even when he was younger!!!! I think Fox finally realized this due to the fact that he got demoted from the Secondary featured commentator team with Moose and Goose. Now Kenny Albert fills in with that team, who while not amazing is much better than Stockton. Joe Buck may be full of himself, but he's one hell of a play by play guy.

This comes up every time Aikman does a Redskins game, and I just don't see it. I don't see the anti-Redskins bias. I also don't see the pro-Cowboy bias that so many people complain about when he does their games. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as when Joe Namath used to do preseason Jets games and wouldn't even mention the opposing players by name.

It's because when someone knows what he's seeing actually points out mistakes, people do not want to acknowledge that their favorite team could be committing them. They then get mad, and try to put it all on agenda because their favorite team couldn't possibly be doing something wrong.. noooooooooooo :)

And what the hell was Fox thinking when they cut to Terry Bradshaw during the telecast so he could offer some of his "expert" analysis? Bradshaw added NOTHING of substance to the commentary, just some insipid little cliches that made you wonder if he was even watching the game. THAT was awful.
Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Like "WTF is Terry bring brought in for from LA?!?" It was like an emergency broadcast or something where they interview difference hurricane experts to determine the residual aftermath of a storm. Get the hell out.

As for Aikman, I think he's usually pretty good. Definitely an apologist for Reid yesterday, but overall, I usually don't mind him.

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Like "WTF is Terry bring brought in for from LA?!?" It was like an emergency broadcast or something where they interview difference hurricane experts to determine the residual aftermath of a storm. Get the hell out..

First thing that went through my mind was that Aikman had to go drop a deuce and the producers didn't want to leave Buck on the air so they called L.A. and said "Get Bradshaw in front of a camera to eat up time".

Aikman is usually very good and has a zero bias against us. In fact, its lame-ass Joe Buck who loves Dallas and almost threw a hissy fit a few years back when Aikman said Portis was his favorite player in the NFL. And yes, Aikman did in fact say CP was his favorite.

I don't think Aikman is necessarily biased against the Redskins. Like others have said, I think he does tend to overcompensate to prove that he isn't. I do think he really likes Kevin Kolb. Also, I felt like they were cheering for the Eagles to get back into the game. It was looking like a blow out early and they wanted a good game. On the other hand, Joe Buck does say a lot of dumb stuff. I could do without him.

I have the utmost respect for Troy Aikman. He was an excellent player, he's currently a great commentator and even has a great sense of humor about LaVar ending his career.

Joe Buck is the Cowboys' homer...he's God awful. Literally one of the worst commentators in sports. Pair Aikman with a better play by play guy like Al Michaels (I don't love him, but I'll take him over Buck) and you'd have an awesome combination.

There was a comment on how the NFCE was upside down or something to that effect, then Aikass replied "with it being like this, you know who it benefits the most? the Dallas Cowboys" [ not quite a quote but close}.

Last time I checked, Dallas lost to the Skins, and they haven't played either of the other 2 teams as of yet, but it benefits every team, not only Dallas.

Next game you watch with these 2 ass clowns, especially when the Pukes aren't on, count how many times they refer to the Cowboys, especially Buckbutt; I agree Aikass isn't as bad as the other, but there are 15 other teams in the league, maybe they should be reminded....

Archived