Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman is biased against the Skins (MET)

william1970

I really enjoy listening to Joe and Troy call games. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I find Aikman to be pretty impartial.

I'd be willing to bet the NFL tells announcers not to harp on bad officiating and bad calls, such as the missed holds.

Feel the same way about the combo. Can't understand why those that listen to Troy and Joe when they began their journey into showing disrespect for the Skins, just mute the sound because we all know that the Skins' are "outlaws" of the NFL media establishment. If they can't say something negative about us, then they will be delegated to cover the less than glamorous teams in the league.

But what you have to keep in mind is that their comments are meant to invoke anger to the point you are ready to throw something at the TV screen. As I said, mute the sound if you can't take it. I have gotten to the point where I anticipate the negativity and lmao when they go into their diatribe.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump- just to point out Aikmans biased. Guess he is covering both biased since Joe Bucks not there! He calls for a penalty on Hall's int TD return becuase Hall went to two knees instead of one knee to celebrate?!?!?!

And I quote, "It's okay to go down to one knee and point to the sky to celebrate, but two knees? Thats excesive celebration and should have been a penalty!"

Bump- just to point out Aikmans biased. Guess he is covering both biased since Joe Bucks not there! He calls for a penalty on Hall's int TD return becuase Hall went to two knees instead of one knee to celebrate?!?!?!

And I quote, "It's okay to go down to one knee and point to the sky to celebrate, but two knees? Thats excesive celebration and should have been a penalty!"

That's been flagged many times.

MCNUBB SUCKS--- time for Rex to get a shot. He is immobile. At the sametime, playcalling is HORRIFIC. Playing not to win, as if we have a D from Greg Williams days. Why throw a deep ball that was on the money to Galloway thats 40 and stopped running for the ball. Devin would not be a better receiver??? Look what Haynesworth has done, SHANNYs grudges are hurting us as well as him and his prepubescent sons play calling.

MCNUBB SUCKS--- time for Rex to get a shot. He is immobile. At the sametime, playcalling is HORRIFIC. Playing not to win, as if we have a D from Greg Williams days. Why throw a deep ball that was on the money to Galloway thats 40 and stopped running for the ball. Devin would not be a better receiver??? Look what Haynesworth has done, SHANNYs grudges are hurting us as well as him and his prepubescent sons play calling.

1. mcnabb is playing bad yes but i seriously doubt rex would do any better under all that pressure

2. that was not galloways fault although he did kind of give up on the play the ball was overthrown

3. what has devin thomas done lately?? when i here his name around the league in carolina then maybe i will start thinking that we should have kept him

4. maybe haynesworth is with the system BECAUSE of what shanny and haslett has done with him

Yea his commentating wasnt really biased today. I know in the past its been very obvious but day was pretty good

Were you listening at all?! He took EVERY chance he had to bash the Skins. Even when there was something posititve to say about the Skins, he would try to find a way to spin it into a dig.

I didn't agree with Troy's statement about Hall,but I don't think that had anything to do with bias. Called a good game today.

Eh, not even close.

Hall tied an NFL record today, and all Aikman could do was comment on Cutler and his pathetic receivers.

FOUR INTs...FOUR.

Before this season I would have said that Troy Aikman was my favorite announcer, but he's definitely changed the way he calls games. Today was probably the most biased he's been. It's not what he says, but the way that he says things that pisses me off.

D'angelo Hall makes a 1-handed interception, and then returns it for 92 yards to the house touchdown.

and after all that, what does Troy talk about with a slow-motion replay?? HE LOOKS AT HALL'S ENDZONE CELEBRATION AND SAYS HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT WASN'T A PENALTY.

"and d'angelo goes down on a knee and points to the sky. the rulebook says you can point to the sky, but with Dangelo down on both knees, i can't understand why that wasn't a penalty."

REALLY TROY?? REALLY????

D'angelo Hall makes a 1-handed interception, and then returns it for 92 yards to the house touchdown.

and after all that, what does Troy talk about with a slow-motion replay?? HE LOOKS AT HALL'S ENDZONE CELEBRATION AND SAYS HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT WASN'T A PENALTY.

"and d'angelo goes down on a knee and points to the sky. the rulebook says you can point to the sky, but with Dangelo down on both knees, i can't understand why that wasn't a penalty."

REALLY TROY?? REALLY????

that pissed me off, too.

Archived