Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman is biased against the Skins (MET)

william1970

...should not be allowed to colour (color!) commentate on Redskins games! His bias was terrible. He was really doing my head in with his anti-Redskins diatribe constantly throughout the game. Go away Aikman and don't come back when the Redskins are in town! :logo:

Hi to all in America.

I watched the game here in England. We are now 2-2 division with all the other NFC East teams (and I hate to say it, but Dallas can join us if they do the Titans - though that's not a certainty).

I still say the 'Skins are a decent team. We're just not executing on offence (offense!) as we should be though the D is holding up. What did Philly really do? NOTHING; they were useless.

Positives

1st Quarter - best for our team (fantastic start - absolutely fantastic!)

2nd Quarter - a good performance

Donovan McNabb looks good in a 'Skins shirt

Coach Shanahan is getting it done (remember, even our 'God' Joe Gibbs went 0-5 in his first season) and our new coach still looks good in a Redskins sweater.

A. Armstrong is one damned good receiver - use him more please.

Ryan Torain is for real - and a replacement-in-the-wings for my favourite player Clinton Portis.

All the defence (defense!) played good - especially Carlos Rogers (WHAT A HIT!), L. Alexander, Golston, McIntosh and L. Fletcher - who is nothing short of a tackling machine.

Big Albert is still playing. Come on Albert! You can do it! Skins fans love their team you know! We love all Skins players.... :pfft:

WE WON THE GAME.

I AM PROUD OF THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS. THEY WON A TOUGH GAME, IN A TOUGH ENVIRONMENT - WE MUST REMEMBER THAT, EVEN IF IT WASN'T PRETTY.

Negatives

3rd Quarter - WHAT HAPPEND TO OUR 'O'? The 'O' should have been fired up, ready to kill off the Eagles. That would have put us 24-6 up AND THE EAGLES WERE NEVER GOING TO COME BACK FROM THAT. That first drive of the 3rd Quarter was DIRE. We only took 3 minutes off the clock and wasted two time-outs. We should have taken 7 minutes off that clock and come away with at least a field goal. We need better clock management in future games.

Entire second half - our 'D' was being asked to do too much; consistent 3-and-outs is not going to win us games. On this occasion, Philly showed their lack of depth, 'cos once Vick was gone, they were not going to win EVER. (Though, it was scary that the final pass could have been caught in that endzone - I was so happy to see D.Hall come down with that ball).

Chris Cooley is not getting enough passes.

A. Armstrong is not getting enough passes.

Joey Galloway is not getting enough passes.

Santana Moss was unusually quiet, but did make some crucial passes (as he always does).

The 'D' is playing excellent, but we need more stripping of the ball (so they can get off the field and rest - and hereto, the 'O' needs to help out with consistent drives). Did you see the old war-horse Charles Woodson of the Green Bay Packers Monday night last? He got two strips of the ball on tackles. Same thing with Brian Urlacher - stripping the ball during tackles. We need more of this in practice (practise!).

OVERALL - THIS IS A GOOD START TO THE SEASON. Remember, we could be 3-1 right now, if we hadn't of imploded against the useless Rams. It happens though and we are .500 4 weeks into the season. Next stop, the Packers.

Now they can pass a football, unlike the Eagles. WE NEED TO BE AT OUR VERY BEST. I'm hoping Chris Horton will be fit enough to play. We've missed his tenacity and he would be a great player to have against the likes of Donald Driver, Jennings and Finley. SHUT THESE THREE DUDES OUT AND THE PACKERS WON'T DO JACK... Come on 'Skins... Fight on...!

Warm Regards,

William.

England.

I mean, not a bad post, but your title should indicate that it's your overall thoughts, not just your (inaccurate, as he's the best commentator in the game) view on Troy Aikman.

I also don't see the obsession over our bad safeties. People were clamoring for Moore to return so that he could . . . miss a ridiculous number of tackles? Now we want Horton back so that he can do what? Nothing?

i personally think he is 100% correct on Troy. Come on dude, he blamed the refs for reid's incompetence! thats freaking ridiculous. His biased anti-redskins **** is freaking annoying. he never gives us credit, its always either the other team let us do it or it was us getting a break. God forbid he admits the skins have skill.

i personally think he is 100% correct on Troy. Come on dude, he blamed the refs for reid's incompetence! thats freaking ridiculous. His biased anti-redskins **** is freaking annoying. he never gives us credit, its always either the other team let us do it or it was us getting a break. God forbid he admits the skins have skill.

Agreed here and with the OP. Aikman is horrible.

Aikman is usually very good, but yesterday he was bad. Gave me a chuckle when he ran his mouth at the end of the half about how the officials were jobbing the Eagles, then his former boss (Jimmy Johnson) gets on the halftime show and says the blame goes to the Eagles sideline.

He certainly knows the game, and he is very accomplished at criticizing the Redskins. He is also a first-rate apologist for whatever team the Redskins might be playing at the time.

My homer bias is freely acknowledged, but last night he was particularly bad...

On par with Mora in St. Louis...

Aikman is usually a good commentator. I much prefer him to many others. As another poster above mentioned, he was very good breaking down Kolb... Holds the ball too long, can't read a defense, takes the checkdown (Hmmmm... Jason Campbell, anyone?) Apart from that though, he definitely didn't do a good job last night. I loved that Jimmy Johnson pointed out their error (it was the sidelines fault) and that Redskins PGL ripped their commentary to shreds.

Aikman is still bitter about Arrington taking him out.....usually he overtly tries to be fair but yesterday the real troy broke through. I think he was expecting a beat down of the skins and he couldn't cover his disappointment. Then again, he was better than what we had the week before. Those two were ridiculous.

Fans always think the media is biased against their team....it's simply not true. I think there are a handful of reporters/writers out there who openly acknowledge disliking Snyder and therefore seem to take glee in our losing, but other than that, I've never seen any pointed bias against our team....especially from a guy like Aikman who might be the very best at what he does.

Joe (I'm a nerd) Buck and Aikman were both horrible yesterday......even my Wife (who really could care less about football) stated several times about their negative attitude about the Skins......both very biased...the worse was the delay of game penalty called on the Eagles at the end of the 1st half......Aikman was horrible and Buck was too in that situation....and for the love of God you would have thought Michael Vick was the 2nd coming of Jesus the way Fox covered him...(in the Pre Game and all)

I watched the whole game and didn't think he had an anti-skins bias. Sure there was the discussion about the penalty, but you all know that had the roles been reversed we would be *****in and moaning about the call. The rest of the game he talked about two main things - the Skins running game, and Kolb's faults....

I disagree with the majority so far. Aikman's very good. He doesn't show any bias against the Redskins. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

I agree. I hate Dallas but Aikman's pretty objective. He was wrong about the play before the end of the half. No matter the circumstances, Reid must have a play ready with all that time to mull it over. But being wrong as Aikman was doesn't necessarily mean he was showing bias agains the Skins.

Now Joe Theismann- he's a homer.

Joe (I'm a nerd) Buck and Aikman were both horrible yesterday......even my Wife (who really could care less about football) stated several times about their negative attitude about the Skins......both very biased...the worse was the delay of game penalty called on the Eagles at the end of the 1st half......Aikman was horrible and Buck was too in that situation....and for the love of God you would have thought Michael Vick was the 2nd coming of Jesus the way Fox covered him...(in the Pre Game and all)

Agreed. The penalty was completely Reid's fault, yet they ****ed about the refs. THEN, Buck couldn't take it anymore and just HAD to start talking about how the Cowgirls just love the fact that the Skins and Eagles will be 2-2. Somehow, he forgot to mention that the pukes suck.

aikman is usually very fair. He didnt seem his usual self at all even when they did their segment at halftime of the saints game. Fox needs to up their play by play guys tho. When Dick Stockton is calling the game you know it will be butchered. Kenny Albert struggles most games and looks like hes hungover 95% of the time. And Joe Buck talks just to hear himself talk.

Archived