Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman is biased against the Skins (MET)

william1970

I agree Joe Buck seemed to be the baised commentator.
Thank you. Joe Buck is SUCH a tool. Can't stand 'im.

On the other hand, I've alweays found Troy Aikman to be a pretty good color guy. He leads a little too much with "You're exactly right Joe" but he's not that bad.

This is such a case of homer-itis. Meanwhile the Eagles fans feel that Aikman is biased towards them. When someone criticizes, people tend to accentuate the negative and ignore the positive. There was nothing wrong with Aikman's analysis yesterday I thought.

Agreed. I like when Aikman does our games. He seems to be fair most of the time. And even if he slips a little pro-Dallas comment in, that's his team. If it was a Skins player no one would care and he'd be a great announcer. Aikman used to say a lot of positives about the Skins while we were in the Zorn years, like he was trying to find positives moreso than us around here.

EDIT - I assume some of y'all would hate legendary announcer for the Georgia Bulldogs Larry Munson, who always was 100 percent for the Dawgs. I don't know if it is the PC world or what, but I just don't see the big deal if someone shows favoritism towards their team. And Aikman does a great job of staying unbiased the majority of the time anyway. Do we want robots calling the games or what?

Actually, I thought it was mealymouthed Joe Buck that was blatantly bias against the skins. He was saying how "terrible" our red zone offense was. I honestly don't remember hearing an announcer ever describing any aspect of a football team as "terrible". Inefficient, non-productive and weak are all better words than "terrible". Then on the Cooley scoring drive right before the TD he was yammering on about how the Skins are the worst in the league at punching it in when they need to. And WHAMMY! McNabb nails Cooley in stride. Buck's the bigger tool by far. At least Aikman was wearing a burgundy/gold tie.

I like Aikman -- he's a really good color commentator.

Why are so many people shocked that he has an anti-Skins bias?,.....he's a former freaking Cowboy! Who cares,.....I honestly didn't notice it that much and when he did it didn't bother me. Shouldn't bother anyone else either. Quit whining -- makes Skins fans look bad.

I didn't notice any anti-skins bias yesterday but perhaps I just wasn't trying hard enough to find it. Aikman was off the mark with his rant about the refs at the end of the first half but that had absolutely nothing to do with the Redskins anyway.

As for criticizing Kolb for passing underneath rather than gushing about how awesome our pass defense was, I thought that was a pretty good analysis of the situation. He illustrated the point a couple of times showing Jackson and Macklin wide open on deeper routes and the point was emphasized at the end of the game: Kolb looked completely lost when he had no choice but to pass deep.

Aikman is a total tool. He was biased all day. I had a friend call me who is a Chiefs fan and asked me why was Aikman hating on the Skin.

1. First series when Portis plows over the Eagles corner. Obviously he gets up wobbly Aikman: "Well I guess Clinton Portis is tired after one carry" No idiot he's dazed after dropping that bomb

2. Defending Reid when he screwed up the time management

3. Ernie Sims takes two full steps on McNabb and gets a flag, Aikman: "Uhhh, I can't see anything wrong with that one, he tried to hold him up" Funny coming from a QB Troy, I'm sure you missed how he didn't have to hit Mc5 at all

Anybody defending Aikman on his Skins commentary needs to clean out their ears.

Typically, I think Aikman bottles his bias pretty well, but yesterday I do think he was quick to take a couple shots at the Skins. I really don't know if it was any worse than it would have been had it been someone else playing though. Regardless, it wasn't enough to annoy me. I mean compared to Joe Buck....he's much better to listen to. Buck know's he a good commentator and I think he gets up on his throne when calling games. In football he loves some Cowboys and in baseball he's all over some Phillies. Just seems that way to me whenever I hear him.

At one point I had to turn down the volume and turn on the radio. Aikman was indeed pro-Iggles as much as he was anti-Skins. He and Buck went way overboard before the half and into the third quarter explaining their thoughts on the gaff by the Iggles letting the clock run out before the half. Both were wrong as pointed out by the expert ref Fox employs. Troy has suffered one too many blows to the head and now his commentary is showing the effects. He has turned into another biased talking head rambling on and on about his opinionated analysis. Moose (Daryl Johnston) is much better than Aikman will ever be at commentating. B-Mitch was right when he said that Troy needs to stop looking at the world thru Blue and Silver rose colored glasses.

You guys are nuts on Aikman...he is superb.....I do agree that he missed the boat a bit on the Reid call, but he did a really nice job of breaking down Kolb....Aikman is an A+ analyst.

Agree 100%. I think Aikman is the consummate professional and isn't as biased as some say he is. I enjoy his commentary.

Some of you need to relax. You seem to have a negative perception of commentators if they aren't bouncing on the skins' jock every play. Aikman was fine. He's probably the best color guy in NFL broadcasting. Buck is a tool, but I still think he's a good broadcaster. I watched the game too, and didn't see any blatant unprofessionalism, unlike the Rams game and that worthless douchebag Mora.

Yeah, I have to say, Aikman is usually never biased toward a particular side. Maybe yesterday he slipped a little. If anything, he rails on the Cowboys when he does their games. He might be overcompensating.

He is one of the better analysts out there so I am going to chalk up yesterday as an anomaly. Buck, is okay, steady tone but like Costas, I always associate him with baseball first.

Wow. You guys sound like a Cowboy board. According to Cowboy fans, Aikman is way too biased against the Cowboys. I don't really agree with that position but I will say this, he's a lot harder on the Cowboys then he was on either Philly or Washington yesterday.

Anytime I hear someone on this board (not picking on the OP in general) complaining that "(insert mediot personality here) hates us and so on and so forth" this is all I imagine now.

tumblr_l796zwByCO1qzjqvjo1_500.gif

You cupcakes need to toughen up and realize that the press isn't going to gush about this team until things turn around. Then they will be on the bandwagon.

Archived