Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman is biased against the Skins (MET)

william1970

People complain about the TV commentators no matter who they are. There were numerous blown calls or non-calls by the Refs today that should have been called in favor of the Skins and Troy said so. The offense played like **** in the first half, so if there were any comments by Aikman about the Skins sucking then they would have been 100% accurate. His criticism of the running game was well-deserved as well. When the team deserves to be criticized, they will be criticized whether the guy on TV is a Cowboy or not.

Agreed.

Last week he was all over the officials for poor calls that had positive results for the Skins. Today when Woodson made a nice open field tackle before the ball arrived there was no flag. According to Aikmen this was just a great player getting a no call because that's how it is in the NFL.

As for Joe Schmuck, I think he is just saying whatever Troy wants to hear in hopes of taking their bromance to the next level.

HTTR

:logo:

That IS how it is in the NFL. Big time players get favorable calls all the time. Aikman was dead on with that one.

HAHA. I just heard aikman completely ignore a closeup of bulaga getting his ass handed to him and holding Orakpo and say that he did a "pretty good job against Orakpo". Haha I hate him.

Edit:

I wanted to slap him and joe buck across the face. I thought I was going to lose it when they showed the packers RT holding Rak and they were saying "look how good of a job he is doing on Rak". What a crock of ****.

That is exactly what I'm talking about. The packers have no right to be complaining about penalties. In all seriousness we've been getting hosed for years for bad calls. It is what it is.

I really enjoy listening to Joe and Troy call games. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I find Aikman to be pretty impartial.

I'd be willing to bet the NFL tells announcers not to harp on bad officiating and bad calls, such as the missed holds.

i like joe buck. i like the way he calls football and basketball. i think he's a great announcer. but if you think troy is impartial, you may be a bit crazy lol and/or deaf..

sometimes he'll agree with buck or the refs on an obvious call, but he's constantly making comments against washington.

i think troy has been fairly impartial with us for years. i have always been impressed by that fact..... if you guys are hating on troy for the way he calls the games maybe you need to take the homer shades off
Yeah, pretty much agree. Troy tells it like it is, and it's not always what we want to hear.

He's always effusive about his praise of Portis and several other 'Skins.

i think troy has been fairly impartial with us for years. i have always been impressed by that fact..... if you guys are hating on troy for the way he calls the games maybe you need to take the homer shades off

That's just the thing. I used to agree with you but he has been really bad lately. It's bizarre.

I don't know, it sounded to me like he was agreeing with us in that the Pack were getting away with a lot of iffy stuff.

I know he sounded biased when he kept talking about how the Packers kept and used their draft picks wisely while we were throwing ours away, but I don't think that means hes biased, because he is right, although it may not be 100% relevant. (although it's kinda funny for all those draft picks the Packers had it looked like we were the younger and stronger team late while they were getting guys hurt left and right)

Actually I watched the Eagles-Packers game and Aikman seemed pretty biased. I don't buy the whole "he tells it like it is" talk...because he doesn't spread around that same criticism

I personally think he does spread the criticism around. He has been very critical of the Cowboys in certain games that I watch where they struggle. Let's be honest, though the Redskins have won the past two games, they haven't played all that great. Our offense in the first half today was about as bad as can be. Our o-line struggled. McNabb overthrew/underthrew some open receivers. There were plays where receivers weren't trying to get open as McNabb ran out of the pocket. Our running game never got going. There have been reasons to criticize this team during the past 2 games. Some people just don't want to hear it. He was wrong about Haynesworth last week, but today nothing stood out to me as biased. Did he make a big deal about Clay Mathews being injured? Yes, but that was a big ****ing deal. Mathews was monster in the first half. There is a reason the guy calls the best game every week.

Dallas is 1-3 and the skins are 3-2, you know there is hate in his system. The old timers, after they retire from the game only have memories. Troy has the memory of lavar knocking his brain into another dimension. I'd hate the skins too....

I personally think he does spread the criticism around. He has been very critical of the Cowboys in certain games that I watch where they struggle. Let's be honest, though the Redskins have won the past two games, they haven't played all that great. Our offense in the first half today was about as bad as can be. Our o-line struggled. McNabb overthrew/underthrew some open receivers. There were plays where receivers weren't trying to get open as McNabb ran out of the pocket. Our running game never got going. There have been reasons to criticize this team during the past 2 games. Some people just don't want to hear it. He was wrong about Haynesworth last week, but today nothing stood out to me as biased. Did he make a big deal about Clay Mathews being injured? Yes, but that was a big ****ing deal. Mathews was monster in the first half. There is a reason the guy calls the best game every week.

I don't think it's about people not wanting to hear it. I just mentioned his bias in a game that doesn't even involve the Skins. There's a difference between criticism and "extra" criticism. What I hear from Troy sometimes is extra criticism that's either unjustified or over the top. I'm not saying this as someone who dislikes Aikman...heck even Joe Theissman and Michael Irvin will criticize their old teams too....I say this as someone who's heard Aikman make comments go a little extra when it isn't needed

And as far as criticism goes, the simple fact of the matter is people have certain stereotypes and perceptions of certain players and teams. So when someone hears criticism of the Redskins or a random player for example, they'll call that being fair when really there are other players on the field that are doing the same thing. Actually If anything, the Packers played just as poorly on offense.

As far as this tandem calling our games, I only have to point out one thing... Everytime they have called our game this year we have won. So if they give us the good ju-ju to win then so be it. Now I will say that I like many of you cannot stand the way Buck calls our games. But he is ALOT better than when Daryl Johnston calls our games. Talk about open hatred towards one team. We could win the whole thing and he would say we were "lucky". just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

Archived