Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman is biased against the Skins (MET)

william1970

Aikman's point about Hall on two knees is correct. It's in the rule book. Hall is lucky it wasn't called. The problem now is that because it wasn't called today, Redskins players may think it's okay to do that. Later in the season, they may get burned by a more by-the-book officiating crew who will make that call.

IMO, Joe Buck is 10x worse than Aikman. Aikman will say what he feels, but Buck is outrageous. The guy will go out of his way to make a point and makes it seem like the Skins are completely inferior to the team they're playing against. Thank GOD for the World Series.

I agree with you 100% I hate Joe Buck. Aikman is ok however, he will always be a cowgirl.

Troy Aikman is a p.o.s. He has always been a p.o.s and he will die as a p.o.s.

He showed his hatered and contemptment for the skins when he called for an excessive celebration penalty against Hall on the TD return because he got down on both knees. What a douche.

Aikman is right. The rule is on the books. It could very well have been called.

1. mcnabb is playing bad yes but i seriously doubt rex would do any better under all that pressure

2. that was not galloways fault although he did kind of give up on the play the ball was overthrown

3. what has devin thomas done lately?? when i here his name around the league in carolina then maybe i will start thinking that we should have kept him

4. maybe haynesworth is with the system BECAUSE of what shanny and haslett has done with him

So basically you agree with me moron. Galloway kind of gave up, yes. Devin being more athletic would have likely went for the ball. Haynesworth should have been in before but they had an erection for him.

Aikman's point about Hall on two knees is correct. It's in the rule book. Hall is lucky it wasn't called. The problem now is that because it wasn't called today, Redskins players may think it's okay to do that. Later in the season, they may get burned by a more by-the-book officiating crew who will make that call.

To be fair, Hall's used that a celebration after every interception for his entire career and he's never been flagged for it. It would be pretty surprising for the League to suddenly start penalizing him for it now, without some kind of a warning ahead of time.

ph2008031802827.jpg

Dude, i understand that technically Troy was right in saying that because it could have in fact been called a penalty.

PLEASE understand the point a lot of us are trying to make. INSTEAD OF SHOWING A SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF THE COVERAGE, CATCH, AND RUN, YOU SHOW THE TOUCHDOWN CELEBRATION AND SAY HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FLAGGED.

WHO DOES THAT? An 1-handed interception returned 92 yards for a touchdown, and you actually took the time to focus on the celebration dance and how it should have been penalized??? WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!?!

Dude, i understand that technically Troy was right in saying that because it could have in fact been called a penalty.

PLEASE understand the point a lot of us are trying to make. INSTEAD OF SHOWING A SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF THE COVERAGE, CATCH, AND RUN, YOU SHOW THE TOUCHDOWN CELEBRATION AND SAY HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FLAGGED.

WHO DOES THAT? An 1-handed interception returned 92 yards for a touchdown, and you actually took the time to focus on the celebration dance and how it should have been penalized??? WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!?!

Am I the only one that saw the replay of the play about 3 times?

I think people are way overreacting with their hate for Aikman. It's not some big conspiracy against the Skins, amazingly. He simply does not throw a lot of praise anyone's way. I don't mind listening to him commentate our games, I actually agree with most of what he says.

Well, just because puke fans are so sensitive to that rule, do Skins fans need to be reminded of it after a terrific play that got scant attention by Aikman?

Hall tied an NFL record today, and Aikman barely acknowledged him.

I think people are way overreacting with their hate for Aikman. It's not some big conspiracy against the Skins, amazingly. He simply does not throw a lot of praise anyone's way. I don't mind listening to him commentate our games, I actually agree with most of what he says.

He's one of my favorites, and I like Buck, too.

People get so upset if someone even mentions the Cowgirls, Eagles, or Giants during a Skins game. I imagine some people here almost have heart attacks screaming at the TV when someone mentions one of our rivals.

People need to relax.

I think some people are overreacting with the term 'conspiracy' whenever the announcers are criticized for bias...or for refs blowing calls.

Aikman even got confused on the 'fans at home' scenario he threw out...

Archived