Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman is biased against the Skins (MET)

william1970

Let me get this straight. There are 21 pages on this topic going back to at least a month, right? So I'm pretty sure this isn't your first time looking through this thread. Yet, you decided to STILL click on the thread and this is your two cents? I'm sure theres some other threads you can take your neat little picture of the baby crying and it would be more appreciated. Nice input, real insightful.

Actually why don't you just :stfu: :dallasuck:finger:

This is a message board...I'm allowed to express my opinion. If you don't like it, then too bad. That wasn't my first post in this thread.

Homerism isn't always a good thing, and too much of it is quite annoying.

This is what I think of when I read this thread. Seriously guys, there are more important things. This thing is homerism gone wild.

Guys, be careful. Topic police are out in force. Just watch and see what he does and follow his lead. I keep forgetting that this isn't a message board that we are able to talk about anything we find interesting. It apparently has to be from the approved message board nazi list.

As for Aikman, I think overall he's the best there is but that comment about Hall's touchdown celebration made him sound like a desperate Cowboy fan. I thought he was about to cry.

I am curious what you people really want out of announcers. Do you prefer those drunk geezer homers on the radio that don't have a clue what's going on in the game, but are biased towards the Redskins?

I'll admit that Aikman hasn't exactly been giving glowing praise for the Redskins. (which I find a bit odd--he always had nice things to say about us under Gibbs and Zorn. This year, I will agree that he seems a bit more critical about the Redskins. But it's not nearly as over the top as people here are making it out to be.)

But the important thing is that he usually gives great insight into the game. For instance--when he talked about "taking a shot at D. Hall", he was talking about doing it specifically with a double move. Hall was jumping the routes and making plays. (Awesome for us.) Aikman was just giving his professional opinion on what could be done to combat it. Luckily, the Bears never did it, so Hall continued making awesome plays.

I only listened to the first half on the radio, so I didn't hear the radio announcers' reactions to D. Hall's interceptions. But I imagine it went something like this:

"He intercepted it!"

"Wow!"

"An interception gives the ball to the Redskins."

"He just went up there and caught it!"

"Yeah, the quarterback threw the ball. He was probably trying to throw to his own receiver, but then the defense just went up and caught it!"

"Great job, Redskins!"

Guys, be careful. Topic police are out in force. Just watch and see what he does and follow his lead. I keep forgetting that this isn't a message board that we are able to talk about anything we find interesting. It apparently has to be from the approved message board nazi list.

As for Aikman, I think overall he's the best there is but that comment about Hall's touchdown celebration made him sound like a desperate Cowboy fan. I thought he was about to cry.

The damn team won today, and all some people want to talk about is the opinion of a guy with a microphone. I have a problem with that.

I am curious what you people really want out of announcers. Do you prefer those drunk geezer homers on the radio that don't have a clue what's going on in the game, but are biased towards the Redskins?

I'll admit that Aikman hasn't exactly been giving glowing praise for the Redskins. (which I find a bit odd--he always had nice things to say about us under Gibbs and Zorn. This year, I will agree that he seems a bit more critical about the Redskins. But it's not nearly as over the top as people here are making it out to be.)

But the important thing is that he usually gives great insight into the game. For instance--when he talked about "taking a shot at D. Hall", he was talking about doing it specifically with a double move. Hall was jumping the routes and making plays. (Awesome for us.) Aikman was just giving his professional opinion on what could be done to combat it. Luckily, the Bears never did it, so Hall continued making awesome plays.

I only listened to the first half on the radio, so I didn't hear the radio announcers' reactions to D. Hall's interceptions. But I imagine it went something like this:

"He intercepted it!"

"Wow!"

"Yeah, the quarterback threw the ball. He was probably trying to throw to his own receiver, but then the defense just went up and caught it!"

"Great job, Redskins!"

Exactly. Some people would blow up this thread if Aikman mistakenly called Orakpo by some other name or said the Redskins got 3 yards on a play instead of 2. It's ridiculous.

I love when he cried that Hall's TD celebration should have been unsportsmanlike conduct. WTF?

As much as I dislike Lavar Im so glad he smashed Troy's head into the turf

That was pure comedy. He said something like if he had gotten on one knee and pointed that would have been okay. But getting down on two knees and pointing was excessive. Maybe players should keep that in mind - when pointing, one knee only

"He intercepted it!"

"Wow!"

"Great job, Redskins!"

:ols:

I didn't know 980 released transcripts of the play-by-play.

"He intercepted it!"

"Wow!"

"Great job, Redskins!"

don't forgot that awesome Maryland "O" that Sunny can't seem to help himself from utilizing. "Be sure to GOEEEE to GEICOEEEE for your AUTOEEEE needs."

Those guys are absolutely awful.

I HATE Chris Collinsworth and Brian Baldinger.....

agreed on both. Come to think of it, there aren't many of them that I like. You know why? They are all ex-players who hated the Skins during the 80's when the Skins were kicking all of their collective asses, and they don't even try to hide their bias against the team most of the time.

agreed on both. Come to think of it, there aren't many of them that I like. You know why? They are all ex-players who hated the Skins during the 80's when the Skins were kicking all of their collective asses, and they don't even try to hide their bias against the team most of the time.

I never really paid enough atttention to Baldy to form a solid opinion on him, but Collinsworth is AWFUL. He's always been a homer for Dallas, did anyone hear him at the end of the Dallas game in week 1? He said something like "Get well soon, Marc Colombo." and other things and wasn't shy about the fact that he was disappointed that the Cowgirls had lost. He needs to go.

Ideal booth for a Redskins game? Mike Patrick and Joe Theismann.

Fantasy booth? Gus Johnson and Brian Billick (I know it doesn't actually exist). I like Tirico and Jaws as well.

Absolute Worse case scenario? Joe Buck and Troy Aikman seemingly every ******** Sunday.

It's like being forced to watch a game with a snobby, disinterested gay couple.

Aikman was right. Celebrations like Hall's have been flagged in the past.

But it was like he was really making a 'point'. Like it was very necessary for everyone to know "oh that should be a penalty," when it should have been about DHalls amazing, one handed, athletic interceptions. Oh and there were 4 of them. That's what was important, and he made no mention of it.

But it was like he was really making a 'point'. Like it was very necessary for everyone to know "oh that should be a penalty," when it should have been about DHalls amazing, one handed, athletic interceptions. Oh and there were 4 of them. That's what was important, and he made no mention of it.

Calling a football game isn't easy, no matter ho easy it may seem. It's like watching a running back run straight into a defender, even though he had open space he could have run to. To the TV viewer, you could see that he had other options, but recognize that the perspective of the player is not from a camera, it's on the field.

Calling a game is similar. As you are not the viewer, it's difficult to tell what exactly they want to hear. All you can do is talk about what you feel is best to talk about. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The biggest issue here is that everyone seems to think that calling a game on TV is simple. It's far from simple.

God its so great that someone else sees the little nuances in Aikmans biased cry baby commentating.

But we have to remember our Skins (Lavaar56} helped him with his early retirement plans,

so theres always going to be sour grapes from Troy when he calls our games.

Plus his boy friend is off calling the WS.

Archived