Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 hours ago, Fergasun said:

At this point shouldn't Beal be shut down? He is gonna hurt himself.

Watched the 1Q and heard it on LA radio... the level of effort on D was All-Star Game level.

he's trying for All-NBA 3rd team so he can qualify for the supermax

he won't shut himself down and he would probably hold it against the team if they shut him down

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

So we gonna lose beal. Gonna have half of wall. Ernie gonna waste a 10 over all pick and we will be right outside of the 9th seed for the next 3 years. 

Im super pumped 

I think you're right.  The five year outlook for the franchise is bleak.

The real backbreaker will be when Ernie doesn't get fired.  Deep down, we all know he'll keep his job.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

I just don't understand why we are giving up on Wall already

How do you expect to move him lol

I'm not talking about Wall, I'm talking about trading Beal.  I'd trade Beal and sit Wall all of next season to tank.

The situation with Wall is what it is.  He'll no longer be an All Star caliber player most likely, and we'll be paying him big money.  But if you start the rebuild now, all of your key players would be on rookie deals and wouldn't come up for extensions until Wall's deal ends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not talking about Wall, I'm talking about trading Beal.  I'd trade Beal and sit Wall all of next season to tank.

meh i'd use beal as a piece to build a contending team

Wizards should obviously draft forward or center this draft. Then Wall, Beal and Center / PF would go ham on bamas

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 1

Ted isn't stupid. He knows fan support is directly tied to Ernie right now.

The guy should be let go now and Ted should use the rest of the season/playoffs to talk to owners/Team Presidents around the league to find the next person to run this. I've got to believe there is an assistant GM on some well run franchise who is ready for the challenge of cleaning up this mess and rebuilding. 

Digging out of this hole with the current roster and cap issues is going to take a few years. But you have to admit that's what you're doing. 

40 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not just arrogant, but negligent.  He's part of an ownership group that just doesn't really care very much about the Wizards.

I think he cares, just not enough to override that need to be able to say "i told you my way works"

clearly he's more willing to fail doing things his way, than possibly succeeding doing something else

Edited by StillUnknown