Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This entire Chris Paul, Howard etc to Lakers/Celtics is a bunch of crap. Unless the Magic and Hornets are willing to bend over, both moves are unlikely. Andrew Bynum is the biggest trade chip and he barely has the value anymore of attarcing tier 1 superstars

After all the injury prone busts Orlando has gone through over the past two decades, they would be the absolutely most god damn retarded team to trade for Andrew Bynum.

Edited by No Excuses

This entire Chris Paul, Howard etc to Lakers/Celtics is a bunch of crap. Unless the Magic and Hornets are willing to bend over, both moves are unlikely. Andrew Bynum is the biggest trade chip and he barely has the value anymore of attarcing tier 1 superstars

After all the injury prone busts Orlando has gone through over the past two decades, they would be the absolutely most god damn retarded team to trade for Andrew Bynum.

Totally agree. Been arguing with a coworker all day about this. He swears Bynum is enough to get Dwight and Gasol and Odom are enough to get Paul. Why in the **** would Orlando and New Orleans want any of those guys?

Andre Drummond is nice but you should be focusing on Anthony Davis. :)

i'd rather have Drummond than Davis. Not a fan of the skinny athletic "big man" mold. I'd rather have a true big like Drummond.

---------- Post added December-6th-2011 at 06:50 PM ----------

anyone realize the Clippers have Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first round pick? Holy ****!

This draft is going to be SO deep....unbelievable. Honestly, if you wind up w. a lottery pick, there's a good chance that you may have a future STAR on your hands....not just a solid player, but a star.

*Count me in as someone who would much rather have Davis over Drummond. For as enticing as Drummond is, Davis is more NBA-ready by a long-shot.

Was reading some Bill Simmons today, he had us ranked as the third most likely (or 3rd smartest) destination for Arron Afflalo at 2 guard. What do you guys think of that? Though he did later say his prediction was that the Wizards would overpay to resign Nick Young. Spoke of Marc Gasol highly in the Centers column yesterday.

The other thing he mentioned in regards to the Wizards was waiting a year before using the amnesty on Rashard Lewis.

Was reading some Bill Simmons today, he had us ranked as the third most likely (or 3rd smartest) destination for Arron Afflalo at 2 guard. What do you guys think of that? Though he did later say his prediction was that the Wizards would overpay to resign Nick Young. Spoke of Marc Gasol highly in the Centers column yesterday.

The other thing he mentioned in regards to the Wizards was waiting a year before using the amnesty on Rashard Lewis.

I wouldn't mind seeing Afflalo and Gasol come to the wizards. It's looking more and more less likely that Dwight Howard will hit the free agent market next year, so we might as well get our upgrade over McGee now. I'm really high on Gasol and think he could make the rest of the team better as he seemed to do for Memphis. I'd also like to keep Nick Young as well. To me, Nick is at worst a good 6th man on a playoff team. I actually think he is a legit starter at the 2 and he could also play the 3 in small ball lineups. I see Crawford better suited as the backup PG to Wall. I was at one of the games last year when Wall was suspended for the Miami "fight" and Crawford had a triple double starting at the point. Crawford is more valuable playing point because he is a playmaker...an above average passer who can get to the rim and make plays for his teammates. Afflalo would be a good 8 man rotation addition at guard and would also open up the ability to possibly package Crawford in a trade with Blatche and/or McGee for an upgrade at the 4/5 and/or a draft pick in next year's deep draft.

If Wall takes a monumental leap, it is possible.

Either way, I think he is a nice veteran presence on the team. Either Vesley or Singleton can take over his spot by the end of the year.

Wall is absolutely going to take that leap this season. Everything he did this summer pointed to this. I think we're definitely going to make the playoffs as a late seed unless Wall gets hurt.

We're going to miss out on a great lottery this year too. Damn.

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 08:50 AM ----------

I second Andre Drummond

I think Drummond and Davis are #1 and #2 overall if they come out. They've got that type of pedigree.

The Baylor guys are going to go high too.

Barnes is a top five pick. That could be your top five.

Wall is absolutely going to take that leap this season. Everything he did this summer pointed to this. I think we're definitely going to make the playoffs as a late seed unless Wall gets hurt.

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 08:50 AM ----------

I think Drummond and Davis are #1 and #2 overall if they come out. They've got that type of pedigree.

The Baylor guys are going to go high too.

Barnes is a top five pick. That could be your top five.

agree...my top 5 in no particular order is:

Jeremy Lamb

Anthony Davis

Andre Drummond

Perry Jones

Harrison Barnes

I'd love for the wizards to get any one of these guys

This draft is potentially so deep that we could get a very good player in the teens.

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 03:15 PM ----------

Rashard Lewis interview.

http://www.nba.com/wizards/multimedia/rashard_lewis_interview_120711.html

Not trying to be rude or a buzzkill, but asking a legitimate question. As someone who hasn't followed the NBA closely for 10 years or so, is there any reason to have a vested interest in the Wizards this year?

I was a Knicks fan growing up, then jumped on the Jordan bandwagon. I'd like to settle in and have a true favorite team again, but I don't need to add to my list of garbage teams to follow either. :ols:

Not trying to be rude or a buzzkill, but asking a legitimate question. As someone who hasn't followed the NBA closely for 10 years or so, is there any reason to have a vested interest in the Wizards this year?

90794c_john_11032010.jpg

Besides him, I am just going to watch the growth of the team and maybe hope for a playoff spot.

Besides him, I am just going to watch the growth of the team and maybe hope for a playoff spot.

Yeah, Wall is legit, from what little I watched last year. I guess my biggest thing is I want to be a fan of a team that works hard every night, plays fundamental ball (good luck, in the NBA :ols:) and will at least be IN games more often than not.