Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

What I'm arguing is that even though it has ties to the city, it still males zero sense as the name of a pro sports team. I think Wizards, as cheesy and lame as it is, makes more sense than Monuments.

I agree. I mean how intimadating is a team named the Monuments?

Washington Gridlock

Washington Zephyrs still sounds awesome to me

Washington Rainmakers

Washington NotTheWizards

Washington Americans

Washington Enforcers

Washington Battleships

Washington Destroyers

Washington Admirals

Washington Yard Dogs

Washington Homicide

Washington ****Baltimores

Edited by The Brave Little Toaster Oven

How about the Washington Stealth or the Washington Drone

(Kind of like Drone just because it could be like listening a fillibuster or an unmanned assault vehicle)

Actually, the Washington Stealth could be pretty cool. Raining threes from nowhere and then slamming home bombs.

What I'm arguing is that even though it has ties to the city, it still males zero sense as the name of a pro sports team. I think Wizards, as cheesy and lame as it is, makes more sense than Monuments.

It makes just as much sense as Nationals or Capitals... or Lakers... or 100 other nicknames for teams. I don't really understand your logic, but whatever.

is that really jordan williams?

yeah man....he REALLY transformed his body quickly. I really hope the kid turns out to be more like Carlos Boozer than Sean May. If dude really impresses during workouts, would any of you mind the Wizards taking him with the ATL pick (depending on what we do earlier in the draft)? Of course all of this could have been avoided if we just took Blair a few years back in the 2nd round hahahahah

oh...

chadfordinsider Chad Ford

This may sound crazy, but there's a little Kobe to Marshon Brooks' game. He's absolutely killing it in 3-on-3 rt now He's waaaay underrated

Kid can flat out play.

Do not take Jordan Williams, unless he is there in the 2nd. He has absolutely no J, no back to the basket game, no post moves, poor FT but i mean thats all i can list lol

From various reports, Jordan has performed very well in his workouts and will be a 1st rounder.

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 01:34 AM ----------

Flip Saunders tells the Junkies that John Wall is still growing, might be 6-5 now, and will peak at nearly 6-6.

http://twitter.com/#!/dcsportsbog

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 01:40 AM ----------

chadfordinsider Chad Ford

Chris Singleton just awesome in 3-on-3. I could see both Charlotte and Utah taking a long look in the lottery.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

A couple interesting thoughts about the Wizards. We've only had two players make the All NBA team in the past 25 years: Gilbert Arenas (three times) and Rod Strickland (once).

The other....We've only had one player make the All NBA defense team in the past 25 years: Larry Hughes (once)

I'm willing to make two bets about current Wizards players:

1. John Wall makes at lest 5 all NBA teams and at least 5 All defense teams

2. Andray Blatche never makes an all NBA team or an All NBA defense team

---------- Post added May-12th-2011 at 11:03 PM ----------

That sucks about Singleton creating Buz warpath....I was hoping we'd snag him with our 2nd first round pick.

I thought Jordan Williams was returning to MD? Did he change his mind when Garry retired?

This draft may not have many sure-fire star players, but I have a feeling it's going to be a very deep draft.

Edited by MonkFan8

Washington Gridlock

Washington Zephyrs still sounds awesome to me

Washington Rainmakers

Washington NotTheWizards

Washington Americans

Washington Enforcers

Washington Battleships

Washington Destroyers

Washington Admirals

Washington Yard Dogs

Washington Homicide

Washington ****Baltimores

My favorite two so far. :ols:

One more thought....I knew we were going to be picking #1 last year...I just had a gut feeling we'd win the lottery...this year I'm almost certain we will be picking at #5. Who do we take at 5?

---------- Post added May-12th-2011 at 11:13 PM ----------

Gator, that's not a very daring bet about Blatche lol.

that was a joke

Anyone have any opinions on Tobias Harris? I heard he made the wrong decision about coming out, but I remember watching the dude play for Tennessee...seemed pretty nasty. I've seen some mock drafts with us taking him at #18....which wouldn't bother me at all.

I think my three dream drafts for the first round would look like this in order:

Williams/Faried

Irving/Faried

Kanter/Singleton

I might even take Singleton or Harris rather than Faried if we were able to get Williams. If we take two big men in this draft, we are going to have too much young big man depth and not enough minutes. Williams is more of a tweener PF/SF. I see Kanter as a true PF. Irving would play 2 guard on offense and cover the point on defense.

I know many of you would disagree with taking Irving over Kanter, but I think Irving is the best player in the draft with the highest ceiling by far and I'd have to take the better talent.

---------- Post added May-12th-2011 at 11:34 PM ----------

In lottery draft history, the 4th worst team (which is us this year) has only won the lottery once (San Antonio, 1987)

Edited by Gator Bait