Price 12

Beal 11.7

Seraphin 10.9

Singleton 8

Lingston 7.6

Barron 7.1

Veseley 4.6

Pargo .5

Nene is an 18, Crawford is a 13, Okafor is an 11, Ariza is an 11. Beal is 13+. Seraphin is 13. Everyone else is 11 or below.

Bringing back Ernie was a mistake but a bigger one might have been retaining Whitman. I didn't understand the support for it back then and still don't. He's a loser and proven failure at the NBA level. To trust the development of our young players under him was absolutely ridiculous. You're seeing it now. This team has no set rotation, nor does any player have a sort of sense as to what their role on this team is.

I don't think there is a bigger disaster in pro sports right now. This team is horrible from top to bottom.

Edited by No Excuses

Bringing back Ernie was a mistake but a bigger one might have been retaining Whitman. I didn't understand the support for it back then and still don't. He's a loser and proven failure at the NBA level. To trust the development of our young players under him was absolutely ridiculous. You're seeing it now. This team has no set rotation, nor does any player have a sort of sense as to what their role on this team is.

I don't think there is a bigger disaster in pro sports right now. This team is horrible from top to bottom.

Grunfeld is the bigger issue. Any other GM would see that Wittman is never a viable option as a coach.

For PER, league average is 15. Here's Hollinger's breakdown:

A Year For the Ages: 35.0

Runaway MVP Candidate: 30.0

Strong MVP Candidate: 27.5

Weak MVP Candidate: 25.0

Bona fide All-Star: 22.5

Borderline All-Star: 20.0

Solid 2nd option: 18.0

3rd Banana: 16.5

Pretty good player: 15.0

In the rotation: 13.0

Scrounging for minutes: 11.0

Definitely renting: 9.0

The Next Stop: DLeague 5.0

Wizards:

Nene 23.7

Crawford 16.3

Okafor 15.2

Ariza 13.4

Martin 12.4

Webster 12.3

Booker 12.2

Price 12

Beal 11.7

Seraphin 10.9

Singleton 8

Lingston 7.6

Barron 7.1

Veseley 4.6

Pargo .5

Hollinger's breakdown doesn't feel quite right.

First off, no one has even come close to 35 before. Putting that in as a bench mark is damn silly. If you go over 30 playing almost all of the games and getting starter's minutes then that is a season for the ages. It's only happened 16 times in the history of the NBA.

Second, 25 is not in the MVP discussion except for certain cases like PGs who are the go to scorer on their team.

Big men should need to be at 24-25 to be an All Star in most cases. A big man should be at or near 28 to get strong MVP consideration.

Third, 15 is not a pretty good player and 16.5 is not a third banana. 15 is a pretty good player if it's a young big man or a youngish guard. A vet needs to be close to 17 to be a pretty good player. 15 is pretty meh for a starting caliber vet. 14 would be the absolute minimum cutoff to consider a vet a decent option as a starter.

Also your third best player better be at or near 20 or else you aren't a legit contender now. The only exceptions are going to be if your best player(s) are in the high 20s. You can be pretty good with your third best player around 18 if the other two break 20. But I'd question that team's ability to truly contend.

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 05:18 PM ----------

I like that breakdown though because it quantifies how far away we are.

Nene, playing starter's minutes and most of a season for us, is probably about a 22 PER. Maybe a little less. Pretty good. Not an All Star level for a featured big man. But a significant building block. If he's a 22 PER as a starting big on a team where he's the third best player, that team is going to be extremely good. That's Chris Bosh level basically.

Crawford is a 16, good for a youngish guard like him, he's what, 24 or 25? Still a little ways off from his prime. He's a valuable player, fringe good starter. Someone who would definitely still be a valuable contributor to a team like the Spurs that have lots of players with PERs over 17 & 18.

Okafor's PER is a meh starter and he's not playing true starter's minutes. It would go down if he did. He's a bottom of the barrel level vet starter. Everyone else is in developmental territory and/or scraping at the door of barely playable.

Right now we're extremely far away from being a passable organization and it's laid out right there in the team PERs.

So what are Wall and Beal going to end up being? Them busting out into the mid 20's is our only hope of contention. I could see them both settling in around a 20-21 level player once they hit their primes. That would actually be really good. No star, MVP caliber franchise player on that team, but if you put a team together with four starters/super subs above 20, that team is going to be very good and has a chance to beat a three star construction because of depth.

I don't have the game on TV so I'm following online...Do we really have a guy we just signed out of the D-League playing in crunch time?

Yes, but it gets even better. When we had the lead late Nene "got a break" putting Vesely in the game. Cavs rallied and took the lead... Then Nene comes back in. Wittman is a ****in moron. Who the hell has their best players taking breathers with under 4 minutes in a tight game?

Just got back from the game, actually had a decent time between meeting a few wizards fan and talking trash with the cavalier fan who sat above me. The game was worth going to just to see Kyrie, that boy good.

Haven't looked at any stats yet, but I swear it seemed like the moment Nene would leave the game, our lead would shortly follow. Ridiculous how much better he is than everybody else on our team, shame he can't get more minutes out of his body.

+25 in 26 minutes for Nene in a game we lost by 3. That's about right. We literally don't know how to play basketball if he isn't on the floor.

Seraphin plays 12 minutes doesn't get a single rebound, Cavs shot under 40%, there were plenty to be had. Terrible.

Edited by StillUnknown

If Washington does not even attempt to pick up Avery Johnson' date=' I'm going to be angry. Now is the best opportunity for us to change the team. New gm + a no nonsense coach would really help turn this team around.[/quote']

Yeah I'm in for AJ. I'd love to see a great PG coaching a PG who wants to be great. If JW really wants to be great.

If Washington does not even attempt to pick up Avery Johnson' date=' I'm going to be angry. Now is the best opportunity for us to change the team. New gm + a no nonsense coach would really help turn this team around.[/quote']

Avery is the perfect stopgap type of guy. He is like the pre-Orioles Showalter where he can fix a team before they phase him out.

Makes too much sense for it to actually happen. Things that make sense don't usually happen around these parts.

Edited by StillUnknown

Ted is still paying Flip, and he would have to pay Randy once he got fired. Then the new salary for the new head coach he hires.

His cheap ass would never do it. **** you Ted Leonsis. Seriously. I'm still bothered by the no trade for Harden. Boggles my mind.

Edited by No Excuses

Ted is still paying Flip, and he would have to pay Randy once he got fired. Then the new salary for the new head coach he hires.

His cheap ass would never do it. **** you Ted Leonsis. Seriously. I'm still bothered by the no trade for Harden. Boggles my mind.

He is cheaper than Abe Pollin which should boggle your mind.

Exactly, this team needs talent not a disciplinary coach.

Needs a new GM. He's the reason the team lacks talent and has possibly the worst coach in the nba.

---------- Post added December-28th-2012 at 12:12 AM ----------

He is cheaper than Abe Pollin which should boggle your mind.

I'm unconvinced. This teams problem hasn't been a lack of spending as much as spending on the wrong players. Nene, Okafor, and Ariza are making 34 million a year. That what the heat are paying Lebron and Wade. Before Okafor it was years of wasted money on Lewis, Arenas, and Blatche. They've been wasting at least a max contract worth of money for years and continue doing so under Ted. Hardens deal is peanuts compared to what Ernie has squandered.