Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So what's going to be the excuse when people realize the roster isn't that bad.

Wall

Beal / Crawford

Ariza / Webster

Nene

Okafor / Seraphin

That's not that bad of a team. Wittman better win some game with them.

Bulls have a winning record this year without Rose and a couple injuries as well. injuries or not, there's no excuse for being historically bad (for the second year in a row)

Bulls have a winning record this year without Rose and a couple injuries as well. injuries or not, there's no excuse for being historically bad (for the second year in a row)

The talent isn't comparable. They actually have pieces that can function minus their superstar. We have talent that rears its rare head every now and then, the major problem is consistency. Our veterans have been inconsistent as well...there have been nights when okariza seemed like functional players...then there most other nights.

The talent isn't comparable. They actually have pieces that can function minus their superstar. We have talent that rears its rare head every now and then, the major problem is consistency. Our veterans have been inconsistent as well...there have been nights when okariza seemed like functional players...then there most other nights.

Why are you correcting me when that was my point? Des was talking about people complaining now but will stop when Wiz are healthy and winning. Not only do we not have the talent to make up for our injuries, we just play bad basketball a lot of the time. I want this team to win just as much as anybody else, but injuries are not the only reason this team is losing. So they really need to get their **** together once everyone is healthy to actually start winning games.

Everybody assumed Orlando would be the worst team in the league with a virtual lock for the #1 overall pick, even they have 12 wins.

Minnesota was without Rubio & Love for a good chunk of games, they didn't collapse.

Ted will make continue to make excuses though.

When Wall finally comes back, if we still don't win, Leonsis will transition from blaming injuries to blaming a lack of chemistry as a result of not playing together.

Edited by StillUnknown

When Wall finally comes back' date=' if we still don't win, Leonsis will transition from blaming injuries to blaming a lack of chemistry as a result of not playing together.[/quote']

Nah, first he will say they are playing bad because of game time rust. Then lack of chemistry. Then the coach will be blamed and take the fall.

On a somewhat unrelated note, they had the camera on wall the other day signing a basketball for a fan, and I noticed he had a gut. He looks out of shape. So it might take him 2 months to play himself into game shape. Maybe more due to the injury.

Geez, Andy Pollin on 980 just told an old-school Bullets story from the 90's. For those who don't know, Andy Pollin is the nephew of Abe Pollin. He's been on 980 since the start of the station in the early 90's.

Anyway, this story. I've actually heard it before, way back when, but had forgotten about it. For you younger fans, this is our legacy:

When Rasheed Wallace was here, he wore #30. We ended up trading Sheed to Portland for Rod Strickland. (Probably a dumb trade in retrospect (never trade big for small) but goddamn I loved Strick and he was instrumental in getting us to the playoffs that first year). Anyway, just a couple of months after we traded Sheed, we signed Ben Wallace as an undrafted free agent. Rather than printing up new uniforms the Bullets told Ben Wallace that he had to wear #30. Didn't ask him what number he wanted, we just gave it to him. So we could save money. And since we already had #30 Wallace jersey's in the store. This is our Bullets/Wizards.

I thought that was funny.

Phil has an awful looking stye on his eye.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 07:14 PM ----------

That was a nice little play to get Oak that dunk.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 07:16 PM ----------

Holy **** Nene just flattened Gerald Wallace.

Nene is so good.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 07:18 PM ----------

I'm liking this lineup a lot.

Nene is absolutely balling right now.

Nets 3pt shooting keeping them in this game.

Feels like we should be up more than 5.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 08:06 PM ----------

Ves needs to get his confidence back and start going up strong at the hoop.

I wonder if he's ever had a basket that wasn't assisted.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 08:06 PM ----------

We are horrible at closing the 1st half of games.

Hopefully the Nets will cool down from 3 in the second half.

Nene barely played the second qtr. Hopefully he can come back in for the second half and play big minutes and continue making the impact he did in the first.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 08:08 PM ----------

I wonder if he's ever had a basket that wasn't assisted.

He's probably had some put backs before.

Have you ever seen him take a dribble in the half court? I honestly don't think I have.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 08:15 PM ----------

Wizards are actually keeping me on CSN while the Cotton Bowl and Miami-Chicago are going on.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 08:23 PM ----------

Deron Williams is so damn good. Ugh.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 08:33 PM ----------

This team is night and day with Temple playing a competent PG and Nene in the game and making an impact.

Oak playing well, Martell, Crawf, and Beal all hitting shots and making plays. Pretty much the only key guy who hasn't been playing well tonight is Seraphin.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 08:37 PM ----------

Boooo Blatche haha!