Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Superior talent won out. They made us pay for mistakes every time and it didn't matter how many mistakes they made. They can get easy buckets and we have to work our asses off for them.

I think it all came down to free throws. Crawford missed two huge ones and Okafor was 1-7

Edited by Destino

Memphis explore Rudy Gay trade scenarios. Bad Fit? Good Fit?

Probably would cost too much and I wouldn't give up Beal. Most I'd give up is our 1st round top 3 protected. Memphis could probably get a better deal.

As much as I want an explosive scoring wing, we need a true center to grow with even more, imo. There are a lot of centers in this upcoming draft. We're gonna have to get one this year or next year.

Edited by SuperBash

Memphis explore Rudy Gay trade scenarios. Bad Fit? Good Fit?

We need a SF so I think it would come down to what it would cost. His salary is a nightmare so they'd have to take Nene or Okafor and I think Nene is a better player. I think it would take a third team because we have nothing they need and Gay isn't good enough to justify his salary. He would make the wizards better though.

Gay for Okafor + Crawford?

Edited by Destino

No thanks to Gay. He's a middle of the road vet SF with a max deal.

Agreed. His salary is a killer for 3 more years.

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 03:50 AM ----------

Historically bad teams find all kinds of ways to lose games. Bottom line: this team is terrible.

Wittman really **** the bed with that last sequence in the first OT. I don't remember anyone else besides Crawford touching the ball the last :90. It's a shame, Nene and Beal played really well.

What would it take to get Cousins (30/20 tonight)?

Edited by DCchillin89

Seriously?

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 08:02 PM ----------

Temple is pretty good. He knows how to feed Ves. Ves needs to get his confidence back and start going up strong at the hoop.

Yes, Seriously. Crawford has no idea how to play "team" basketball. He runs down court dribbles around and then jacks up a shot.

Yes, Seriously. Crawford has no idea how to play "team" basketball. He runs down court dribbles around and then jacks up a shot.

He's also the only perimeter player on the team that can create his own offense when the opposing defense is dead set against it. Plus, you're wrong, while he does tend to shoot too much he does pass the ball. He's not great or even good at times but he can be effective when used correctly.

Wittman really **** the bed with that last sequence in the first OT. I don't remember anyone else besides Crawford touching the ball the last :90. It's a shame, Nene and Beal played really well.

What would it take to get Cousins (30/20 tonight)?

Cousins is an absolute monster. These are the kinds of performances he's capable of on any night when the opponent doesn't have the size to contain him. He's eventually going to settle into a 20+ & 10+ big.

I don't know what it would take to get him. His ownership doesn't want to deal him. All I know is that if you get Cousins, a Nene/Cousins/Wall/Beal/Martell lineup with Crawford and Oak coming off the bench would actually be pretty damn good. With the potential to grow into something special.

Crawford had a damn good game tonight and is having a pretty good year.

If you think that's all Crawford does then you haven't been watching the games.

Crawford jacks up too many bad shots. He's better than he used to be about doing that but there are times when his brain turns off and the bad shots happen.

But it looks like he's maturing though, he's much better about it this year. Maybe in time...

Superior talent won out. They made us pay for mistakes every time and it didn't matter how many mistakes they made. They can get easy buckets and we have to work our asses off for them.

I see this, and as much as I don't like to admit it, this is the main reason we're losing right now. As much as I wish we had a coach that could maximise our talent, we really don't have any superstars to literally carry this team. We don't a kobe that can score 30 points a night for several games in a row while the team struggles to play defense. We don't have a Lebron that took a losing franchise basiclly by himself to the finals in Cleveland.

Our best player hasn't played all year. Our second best is still playing on one leg. Even if healthy, we still would have to play mistake free basketball to deal with other NBA teams. We were leading the entire game until we started turning the ball over. Then the Nets did just enough to make up for their screwups, foul trouble, and missed free throws to take the game from us. If we aren't getting blown out, this is what I see a lot happening to us.