Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This feels like it's going to be an ass wupping. Expectations lowered... all I want to see tonight is Beal play well. Maybe a good game from Seraphin for a change.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 07:23 PM ----------

I wonder where the Wiz rank in back court size?

If we keep both Wall and Beal the next coach better have a plan on how they are going to make that backcourt work both from an offensive standpoint and a defensive stand point.

I wonder if Jerry Sloan still wants to coach?

Wall is a king sized PG and Beal has solid size. Both are athletic and Beal is strong, cognizant, and aggressive. Wall is already a brilliant transition defender and is a transcendent athlete with the potential to grow into an elite perimeter defender. Defense should eventually be a big time strength for them.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 07:28 PM ----------

3 ball saving us tonight.

I'm not going to lie... it would feel extra good to get a win against such a quality opponent. DC needs a win.

Vesely had some nice dunks. Seraphin is having a good game thankfully. I also liked seeing Beal and Martell playing aggressively on both ends.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 08:25 PM ----------

The Thunder space the floor so amazingly well. You can't leave anyone alone with a top four that can shoot like Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Martin.

4 pt play? Probably not. Beal is having a hell of a game.

Ariza has so many bad offensive possessions for someone who barely shoots.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll change that to a two. Still a hell of a play for the rookie. Another really solid game against a good defender in Sefolosha (not so much Martin, but still).

The most perplexing thing about Ariza is that he's so long and can get to the rim with relative ease, if he had any touch he could be a great player. A shame.