Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Three points to make:

1 This team lacks leaders and has shown in the past that they will turn on each other. I remember the “entitled” claims and the body language shown towards some of the “clowns” that the team made a big deal of getting rid of. Now we have more chirping coming from the locker room that is focused on each other. People tend to worry about if they are right or wrong while I think that this behavior is always universally WRONG. The Jets have fallen into this same trap in the NFL. There is no room for that at all on successful teams. If you look at the roster there isn’t a guy with the credibility and interest in taking up the mantle of leader on this team.

2 Wittman has played a major role in the unease afflicting the players on this team. His quick hooks and constant lineup changes have players worried about stats and individual decisions instead of simply playing basketball. It’s not just minutes that are on the line either as evidenced by Mack being cut for Pargo, Pargo being cut for Livingston, and now Livingston being cut for Mack. Barron had a couple horrible outings and was cut as well. This team is actively looking to make changes because the thinking appears to be that there is some combination that will work.

3 Grunfeld has created an environment so bad that it can hardly be compared to any other in all of the NBA. It’s been bad for too long but we’ve entered into the area of “historically bad” and possible “worst ever”. Ernie is going to keep digging until someone takes his shovel away.

Ernie has rebuilt this organization 3 or 4 times, depending on how you look at it. His teams have gotten out of the first round one time in a REALLY WEAK Eastern conference that year. He drafted 1 AS in 20 some years in an NBA front office position. How many other GMs in ANY sport would keep their jobs after that?

Ernie has rebuilt this organization 3 or 4 times, depending on how you look at it. His teams have gotten out of the first round one time in a REALLY WEAK Eastern conference that year. He drafted 1 AS in 20 some years in an NBA front office position. How many other GMs in ANY sport would keep their jobs after that?

And that 1 guy only made the All Star team after EG left.

---------- Post added December-24th-2012 at 04:57 PM ----------

if the Kings want Nene for Cousins, I would do it in a heartbeat just to get out of that contract.

I think we need Nene pretty desperately. He's the only good player on the team. The only one who knows what good basketball actually feels like. The only one who knows how to be a professional and hasn't been totally ruined by EG.

**** this front office. I hope we break the record for worst season ever. I wish there was something active that fans could do to make that stupid ******* Leonsis grow a damn pair and fire Ernie.

I think we need Nene pretty desperately. He's the only good player on the team. The only one who knows what good basketball actually feels like. The only one who knows how to be a professional and hasn't been totally ruined by EG.

**** this front office. I hope we break the record for worst season ever. I wish there was something active that fans could do to make that stupid ******* Leonsis grow a damn pair and fire Ernie.

Nene has a bad contract that will only get worse.

I get that he is a professional and good, but thats a horrible contract.

Young good big man on his rookie deal>>>>>old good big man on bad contracts who have an injury history.

Nobody wants that contract unless we take on salary coming back.

Teams contending would want to take a flyer on him. He's ridiculously smart and usually makes the right play. I could see him thriving on a team like Memphis or SA. Not saying that they are realistic trade partners, but he'd be such a good fit on many teams around the league. I think Nene at this point is going to be a good solider with the hopes of being moved in the very near future. He deserves better.

For the Wizards sake, they have to move him due to the length of his contract.

What about a trade that involves Nene and Kris Humphries? I'd do it just to get out from under Nene's deal...Humphries is off the books in 2014.

No one is going to take Nene while he's injured. The worst part about this mess is that the Wiz could have cleared the books while sucking this bad and it would have been so much better. Easily should be under the cap significantly for the foreseeable future.

Ted is a moron. Fire Ernie my God, this is ridiculous.

I know. It's pretty unbearable.

---------- Post added December-25th-2012 at 02:03 PM ----------

Fans might burn the building down if they did that.

At this point, I'm not sure the fans have any outrage left in them. Nothing surprises us. We know that rock bottom can always get a little lower and we're battered. It's a contemptible situation.

I think Ted is trolling us.

Have we done something to Ted? Did someone hit him with a hotdog or a soda at a Wizards game or something? If you think about it what Ted is doing is text book trolling.

1 – He extends Ernie Grunfeld when NO ONE thought it was a good idea. Everyone was certain that when Ted took over the team things would be different and then this happened.

2 – Trades the largest cap clearing contract in the NBA for two bad contracts. Fans immediately read articles again certain that they missed something. I mean, we have to have received something in exchange for taking on two bad contracts right? Maybe the cash fell out of the card when I opened it or there’s a gift card in the bottom of the bag or something…

3 – Team, for whatever reason, decides James Harden is a bad idea. One of the worst teams in the entire NBA, a team that struggles to score and lacks star players, turns down a young star for no good reason anyone can think of. If the other moves could be bad judgment this is where you have to start thinking you’re being trolled.

4 – The team declares that they expect to be a playoff team. Some fans, you know who you are, buy it. Never listen to trolls! Team promptly adjusts expectations from playoffs to “not in the bottom three” and this is when Nene and Wall were only expected to miss a month. We end up with the worst team in the NBA.

5 – During all of the above Ted is on Ted’s Take trolling the **** out of all of us with his zen bull****. Fans rage about it, having been successfully trolled by a billionaire, and what does the master troll do? Exactly what you’d expect… more zen bull****.

I fully expect the final post on Ted’s Take of the season to read “U Mad?”

I think Ted is trolling us.

Have we done something to Ted? Did someone hit him with a hotdog or a soda at a Wizards game or something? If you think about it what Ted is doing is text book trolling.

1 – He extends Ernie Grunfeld when NO ONE thought it was a good idea. Everyone was certain that when Ted took over the team things would be different and then this happened.

2 – Trades the largest cap clearing contract in the NBA for two bad contracts. Fans immediately read articles again certain that they missed something. I mean, we have to have received something in exchange for taking on two bad contracts right? Maybe the cash fell out of the card when I opened it or there’s a gift card in the bottom of the bag or something…

3 – Team, for whatever reason, decides James Harden is a bad idea. One of the worst teams in the entire NBA, a team that struggles to score and lacks star players, turns down a young star for no good reason anyone can think of. If the other moves could be bad judgment this is where you have to start thinking you’re being trolled.

4 – The team declares that they expect to be a playoff team. Some fans, you know who you are, buy it. Never listen to trolls! Team promptly adjusts expectations from playoffs to “not in the bottom three” and this is when Nene and Wall were only expected to miss a month. We end up with the worst team in the NBA.

5 – During all of the above Ted is on Ted’s Take trolling the **** out of all of us with his zen bull****. Fans rage about it, having been successfully trolled by a billionaire, and what does the master troll do? Exactly what you’d expect… more zen bull****.

That could be one of the funniest posts I've ever read about Washington professional basketball. Well, funny in a sad, sickening kind of way. But so damn true about Ted.

Thinking Ted is a troll is giving him too much credit. I think he's just an idiot. And a cheap one at that. I mean really, he was the same with the Caps until he lucked into Ovie by sucking the most at the right time. He can't even get that right with the Wiz.

And yes, I thought we might have a shot at the playoffs. And looking back, i'm not sure that was unreasonable. Couldn't foresee the extent of Wall's injury, Ariza and Okafor completely crapping the bed, Seraphin DEgressing and my boy Jan becoming a disastrous walking, talking DNP. So I was wrong. I do take solace in the fact that I knew Ted was utter bull**** well before most.

Ted's bull**** was apparent the day he brought back Grunfeld.

He's no different than Abe. Loyal (or cheap) to a fault. Gutless, absolutely scared to do something drastic.

Sad thing is that Ted is going to be the owner for at least 25+ years. No hope.

Ted's bull**** was apparent the day he brought back Grunfeld.

He's no different than Abe. Loyal (or cheap) to a fault. Gutless, absolutely scared to do something drastic.

Sad thing is that Ted is going to be the owner for at least 25+ years. No hope.

He's a portly fellow, health may prevent him from that 25 year mark.

Saw this elsewhere:

When Nene is on the floor, the Wizards outscore their opponents 106.0 to 99.1 per 48 minutes. They are winning games by an average of 7.

When Nene is off the floor, the Wizards are being outscored 106.2 to 91.6

Nene is currently tied for the team lead in win shares despite the fact he's only played 13 games :ols:.

I feel bad for Nene. It must suck being the only good player on your team. What's a general cutoff in PER for being a decent starter in the NBA? 16 sound fair? 15 if you're being a little generous? How many guys do we have with a PER over 15 this year?

**just looked it up, it's three. Nene is at 24. Jordan is at 16.2 and Okafor is at 15.2.

:chug:

---------- Post added December-25th-2012 at 11:41 PM ----------

Not to mention Nene has only started one game and is only playing 22 MPG.

All of the sudden, I miss those 35-42 win teams I've been *****ing about the last 30 years.

Hahahah I know man how pathetic is thie organization. Ted is a pathetic loser of an owner. A disgrace to the Verizon Center as far as basketball is concerned. Until he fires Ernie, nobody will take him seriously.