Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Vesely has been blocked at the rim twice after going up soft. The guy we drafted because he was tall and athletic is getting blocked at the rim.

It doesn't help that he's immediately yanked when he misses an attempt. He hit a few jumpers early in the year and it was obvious Wittmen didn't like him taking them. I'm not saying Vesely is good but the coach that told Kevin Love not to shoot threes is poison to NBA bigs. Look at Seraphin total avoidance of contact this season as well.

This team is as poorly coached as any I've ever seen..

Edited by Destino

It doesn't help that he's immediately yanked when he misses an attempt. He hit a few jumpers early in the year and it was obvious Wittmen didn't like him taking them. I'm not saying Vesely is good but the coach that told Kevin Love not to shoot threes is poison to NBA bigs. Look at Seraphin total avoidance of contact this season as well.

He gets yanked because you don't let a big man play with 2 fouls in the first quarter when you're short handed, especially someone that is as prone to commit stupid fouls as Jan.

He gets yanked because you don't let a big man play with 2 fouls in the first quarter when you're short handed, especially someone that is as prone to commit stupid fouls as Jan.

He gets yanked after missing shots as often as after fouls. It was the same thing Wittman did with McGee last season.

"Super risky" Drummond has 7 points and 6 rebounds in under 10 minutes...

Edited by Destino

He blew two shots at the rim and is racking up fouls, he's totally confused on defense losing his man every time down court.

Screw it, give Jan 30 min a game. Let's see what we've got (even though I suspect we already know what we've got). Not like we're playing for anything anyways

He would foul out 14 minutes into his allotted 30 minutes a game.

I think part of the reason they won't send him down to the D-League is that they fear he may not look good there either.

Edited by StillUnknown

He blew two shots at the rim and is racking up fouls, he's totally confused on defense losing his man every time down court.

He was guarding the opposing teams center, which he can't do, and who gives a damn if he missed two shots at the rim? On this team every damn player does that every damn game. Vesely was better last year playing 3 and 4 than this year under the wise steady hand of his mentor Wittman.

Just watch Singleton at the 4 if you don't think Wittman is playing a major role in the rosters underachievement. Every big this moron coaches gets worse.

Edited by Destino

He was guarding the opposing teams center, which he can't do, and who gives a damn if he missed two shots at the rim? On this team every damn player does that every damn game. Vesely was better last year playing 3 and 4 than this year under the wise steady hand of his mentor Wittman.

Just watch Singleton at the 4 if you don't think Wittman is playing a major role in the rosters underachievement. Every big this moron coaches gets worse.

I agree with our coach being a joke, but come on my Jan played the 3 and 4 for the first 10 games of the season he was found terrible so he'll Witman don't know where too put him, he's just out there like he is winging it. He is a fast break guy and we aren't getting any fast breaks

Was anybody kinda rooting for the Wizards to score less than 30 in the 1at half? I was. I wanna put up hysterically bad numbers.

---------- Post added December-21st-2012 at 08:52 PM ----------

The real crime is that Okafor is rated a 78 on 2k13 while Ryan Anderson is rated a 69

Is there a big in the league that takes less free throws than Seraphin? What the hell happened to him? He went from potential good big man to a inefficient finesse player.
Not too many. According to basketball reference PF/C that have FT attempts per 36 as low as Kevin, and still play minutes, are Haywood, Ezeli and Perkins.

None of whom are really expected to score points on their respective teams.

---------- Post added December-21st-2012 at 08:59 PM ----------

I don't know how much more I can take watching Okafor brick those 10 foot jump shots. My mom could make that shot one-handed.

Edited by MonkFan8

You think Seraphin is regressing?

I don't know, maybe he is but it could just be a slump.