Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

https://twitter.com/#!/GoodmanCBS

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS

Austin Rivers said he was measured at 6-5 with shoes. Good size for NBA two-guard.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS

Jared Sullinger said he was measured at 6-9 with shoes. That's significant.

Perry Jones III one of few lottery picks playing at Combine. Playing with intensity. Appears on a mission to prove critics wrong.

The Bobcats are screwed. They have no one on their team that gives them any hope. There is no player at #2 who is going to change a franchise immediately. Their best bet is Drummond and he is a three or four year project.

I am confident in saying that the Bobcats are at least five years away from a .500 record.

Having said that....Harden for the #2 pick..........Who says no?

https://twitter.com/#!/MrMichaelLee

Michael Lee ‏@MrMichaelLee

Kentucky forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist said he wasn't sure how he'll handle going to a losing team; will probably "cry some nights."

#wizards have already met with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Are supposed to meet with Bradley Beal & Harrison Barnes later today.

Thomas Robinson has set up a workout with the #wizards on June 13. Bradley Beal said he also has a workout set up with WAS next week.

Austin Rivers 6'5 in shoes? Sign me up. (not at three, but I like him more than Beal)

Dude has some skills. He's a good athlete too.

If we don't take TRob at three, it'd be nice to maneuver down and get both Barnes and Rivers. We'd see an immediate bump in scoring and Wall's assist totals would sky rocket.

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 07:18 AM ----------

6-8.75 in shoes Trob so 6-7.25 without

6-4.25 in shoes for Beal so 6-2.75 without

Trob only had 5% bf

TRob's a little short for a PF, but not that bad, plus his wingspan is ridiculous. 7-3. Blake Griffin's was only 6-11 and 1/4.

Good writeup, but I disagree with you on DC being a basketball town. The Redskins have been #1 since I was a little boy. I think the Bullets were always 2nd with the Capitals 3rd.

DC has been a basketball town in the way it embraces college bball more than football or other sports. Again, that probably has more to do with success. Georgetown, Maryland, even George Mason in recent years, have all been pretty good basketball schools, but except for an odd blip on the radar with the Fridge, football has been absent. Then again, Virginia Tech has been pretty consistantly good, but the DC area has never really embraced Tech the way it has some other "local" teams.

Dude has some skills. He's a good athlete too.

If we don't take TRob at three, it'd be nice to maneuver down and get both Barnes and Rivers. We'd see an immediate bump in scoring and Wall's assist totals would sky rocket.

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 07:18 AM ----------

TRob's a little short for a PF, but not that bad, plus his wingspan is ridiculous. 7-3. Blake Griffin's was only 6-11 and 1/4.

That wingspan more than makes up for his lack of "ideal" height for a PF. Give EG, GM of the year if he can somehow pull off getting a 2nd lottery pick and the team takes either Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb.

DC has been a basketball town in the way it embraces college bball more than football or other sports. Again, that probably has more to do with success. Georgetown, Maryland, even George Mason in recent years, have all been pretty good basketball schools, but except for an odd blip on the radar with the Fridge, football has been absent. Then again, Virginia Tech has been pretty consistantly good, but the DC area has never really embraced Tech the way it has some other "local" teams.

Because Tech is in the southwest corner of Virginia. I never really got how the local media would always include Va Tech and Virginia as a local team. Each of them are more than an hour away. I get that there are alot of fans of those teams in the area, but that would be like where I live currently, Charlotte, embracing the Tennessee Vols as a "home" team. Wow, I don't even remember this quote. You must have gone through alot of pages.

Also 5% bf is absolutely ridiculous. He's like 240 pounds. He must live in a weight room and sleep with a jump rope.

From somebody that worksout religiously that is genetics. It helps being 6-8 though keep your bf down. I doubt he is a true 5% bf most get that low feel like death getting ready for a show with 0 energy. Still impressive being very lean and chisled.

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 01:54 PM ----------

Damn alot of guys measuring out well this draft is so deep. Terrence Jones looks like a Pf now he will be a steal. Mkg was 6-5.75 alil small for my taste at Sf but its serviceable for sure.

Sully measured out very well almost 9ft standing reach.

Drummond is a freak 9-2 standing reach

As u guys can see the release shoes and no shoes measurments and some have 2" added while other only 1". Thats the reason for barefoot measurements.

That wingspan more than makes up for his lack of "ideal" height for a PF. Give EG, GM of the year if he can somehow pull off getting a 2nd lottery pick and the team takes either Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb.

Problem with Lamb is that he doesn't have great BBIQ and he is a bit too passive. He does have outstanding athleticism and I think with proper coaching he could reach potential like... "If Nick Young had a brain" which would actually be a damn good player. That is a rather large hypothetical though. I don't see the point in drafting Austin Rivers..at all. He is a ball dominant Guard in the mold of J. Crawford. We don't need another redundant mediocre shooter. If we want a wing player with the #10 we should look to Terrance Ross, that guy has superstar potential IMO. He needs to bulk up a bit, add about 10-15 lbs.

btw for people who haven't seen:

Au3yCVECIAEPPUD.jpg

Au3yA49CIAIAxgb.jpg

Edited by nuposse87

Because Tech is in the southwest corner of Virginia. I never really got how the local media would always include Va Tech and Virginia as a local team. Each of them are more than an hour away. I get that there are alot of fans of those teams in the area, but that would be like where I live currently, Charlotte, embracing the Tennessee Vols as a "home" team. Wow, I don't even remember this quote. You must have gone through alot of pages.

this started in the late 90s when VaTech became really good at football. The local media started to embrace them because we had no other good college teams. That, and a lot of VaTech alums live in the area but the same is true of Michigan and Florida and we dont embrace them.

I never got it myself and I dont include either of VaTech or UVa as local.

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 01:18 PM ----------

I would love Lamb. I feel better about him than Beal.

Rivers, Id pass since we have Wall.

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 01:23 PM ----------

Good writeup, but I disagree with you on DC being a basketball town. The Redskins have been #1 since I was a little boy. I think the Bullets were always 2nd with the Capitals 3rd.

this is a Redskins town, but its basketball first.

The area has been one of the best bball talent rich areas in the entire country since Elgin Baylor. The HS bball scene is among the best in the country, and of course the colleges. We have some of hte best AAU bball teams also.

THis area is not in love with football like it is in other parts of the country, we just love the Redskins. Basketball has always been our love. Kenner League and Goodman league are some of the most attractive summer leagues in America,

Andre Drummond is a physical freak' date=' isn't he?[/quote']

would have been the #1 pick in the draft if he came to UConn in shape last year and the UConn coaching situation was settled, regardless of how Davis played.

He was really burned by the mess that was that coaching staff and the horrible PG play, but he also was out of shape.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

Andre Drummond is a physical freak' date=' isn't he?[/quote']

I hate highlight videos because they are all about dunks but watch the second play in this video (at around the 7 second mark). He's a center and he absolutely flies down the floor off a steal.

6'10 275 pound men are not supposed to run like that.... he was 285 in the video. Combine that with his 7' 6" wingspan (same as Javale McGee's) and you have yourself a human seemingly designed to play basketball.

Edited by Destino