Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

They are easier to find, I just feel the Wizards haven't really tried to find good shooters for some reason or have had bad luck. I mean other than Mason, who have we really added with a consistent jumper? Lewis never had his heart in it for us, Crawford was always inconsistent, Mack never really had a consistent 3 point shot, Wall we all know about, Mike Miller had one for us for a little bit, and Martin and Almond are cast offs that can't really be counted on for huge minutes. This draft is susposed to be deep in the SG area with plenty of guys who can shoot like John Jenkins, Doron Lamb, Buford, O. Johnson, and Kim English. Find one in the 2nd or grab one in FA if you can.

Like I said earlier, I'm not arguing against T-Rob and I think the Wiz would have a real strong PF/C rotation if they drafted him. What if T-Rob is off the board? I'm not super high on MKG at this point.

Edited by Hersh

Like I said earlier, I'm not arguing against T-Rob and I think the Wiz would have a real strong PF/C rotation if they drafted him. What if T-Rob is off the board? I'm not super high on MKG at this point.

Well if T-Rob is off the board, it's Beal for me but he isn't too popular around here. My board has been T-Rob, Beal, then a bit further down is MKG, Barnes, then Drummond.

You know what I think MKG might be? MKG is a guy you have to give a max deal to but you can't really win a championship with. That make sense? Like a Rudy Gay or an Iguodala. A nice player but you just aren't going to get over the hump with him as THE guy.

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 05:05 PM ----------

Joe Johnson

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 05:06 PM ----------

Ok, I'm officially Drummond and then Robinson.

You know what I think MKG might be? MKG is a guy you have to give a max deal to but you can't really win a championship with. That make sense? Like a Rudy Gay or an Iguodala. A nice player but you just aren't going to get over the hump with him as THE guy.

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 05:05 PM ----------

Joe Johnson

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 05:06 PM ----------

Ok, I'm officially Drummond and then Robinson.

Actually, I think MKG maxes out at a poor man's Gerald Wallace.

And yeah, I'm completely on the Drummond/TRob bandwagon.

Actually, I think MKG maxes out at a poor man's Gerald Wallace..

I'm not really comparing MKG's game to Gay's, Iguodala's or Johnson's. Just what his presence means to a franchise.

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 05:29 PM ----------

And regardless of what any of us want, I think the pick will be Robinson. This franchise has LOOOONG had a hard on for local guys. Don't see that changing under Ted.

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 05:36 PM ----------

BTW, draftexpress.com has really taken it to the next level this year. nbadraft.net should never be mentioned again. Seriously.

seems like most of us have settled on the rest of the top four as TRob, Drummond, and MKG. I think that's pretty firm. Seems like most of us have a preference of one of those three, but that we'd be pretty happy with multiple directions. That's where I'm at too. I think we'll get good value out of either MKG, Drummond, or TRob.

Drummond is the unquestioned upside pick. He's just so enormous and athletically gifted. He's appealing.

TRob is the easy fit that makes a lot of sense because of his position, local connection, and upside.

But I actually think MKG is the best player right now. Interesting that he's the youngest player in the class. His upside is pretty high too. I think the thing with MKG is that you're not going to like his game just off of clips and numbers. He doesn't show up like that. It's within the context and flow of a season that you'll fall in love with him as a prospect. The further we get from the season, the more we'll forget how special he is. The kid is just a born winner.

I think most people have one leg shorter than the other. It's just how much is what matters. A good chiropractor once a week would take care of that. My right leg is longer than my left. I go to get an adjustment once a month. I don't think it's that big of a concern unless he starts to have back problems. A good pair of insoles or something to even it out wouldn't even be noticed.

idk, im just leery since Greg Oden had one leg longer than the other

In short, MKG is so much more than the sum of his parts. He probably deserves to go second overall, but I think Drummond will probably go second overall.

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 06:49 PM ----------

Sports are about heart when you get down to it. A career is a marathon. Heart is what separates the good from the great. That's why I think MKG is going to be a special player.

Does he fit here though? If you draft him you've GOT to go out and find some shooters some other way or else Wall is going to go insane.

I don't like Terrence Ross at ten, but just outside the lottery around 15-20? Sign me up. Those picks are often pretty cheap too. Lots of teams put them up for sale.

I'm still:

1. Beal

2. TRob

3. Drummond

4. MKG

I'll be somewhat disappointed if we come away without Beal or TRob. After those two, I'm not really in love with any candidate so I would swing for the fences with Drummond and prepare to be disappointed with the end results.

Edited by StillUnknown

I'm still:

1. Beal

2. TRob

3. Drummond

4. MKG

I'll be somewhat disappointed if we come away without Beal or TRob. After those two, I'm not really in love with any candidate so I would swing for the fences with Drummond and prepare to be disappointed with the end results.

the more I think of it, the more I want Drummond. I think having Nene here will help him a lot.

If our front office had a better, or any, record of developing big men, I'd be much more receptive to the idea.

yeah, Im with you on this usually. But I think Blatche and McGee could have been helped by having a veteran big man to learn from. Nene is a true professional, and I wouldnt have an issue with Drummond watching him play and trying to beat him for a starting spot.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

If our front office had a better, or any, record of developing big men, I'd be much more receptive to the idea.

This is what scares me too.

It's sounding like all of us appreciate how special Drummond is. But I also know that to a man, we are all extremely pessimistic about this front office's ability to develop raw talent.

Can't help the feeling that we'd waste Drummond. I'm kind of hoping he goes second so we don't even have to deal with it.

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 08:34 PM ----------

It's almost like you have to take Drummond if he's there at three though. If you don't and he works out like he has the potential to, that is a pick that will haunt the franchise forever. He could change the course of a franchise.

yeah, Im with you on this usually. But I think Blatche and McGee could have been helped by having a veteran big man to learn from. Nene is a true professional, and I wouldnt have an issue with Drummond watching him play and trying to beat him for a starting spot.

Having Seraphin there to push him would help too. It's pretty obvious that Seraphin is a worker. Problem with Blatche and Javale was that they (and NY) just pushed each other to be more clownish.

It's basically like this:

For Robinson, his natural skill and athletic ability is his limit.

For Drummond, his work ethic is his limit.

Drummond is a huge risk but I think you have to take it. You want to take stars in the top 3. I'm not sold that Robinson can be a star. I don't think there's any question that Drummond can be.

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 08:50 PM ----------

Who's a similar player to Drummond, who was drafted in the same range, who busted? Not trying to make a point, just trying to think.

[/color]BTW, draftexpress.com has really taken it to the next level this year. nbadraft.net should never be mentioned again. Seriously.

Of course, I'm not a Wizards fan at all. I'm a Sixers fan. I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I catch on when the home team is in the playoffs. I looked at this website noted above, they have Austin Rivers going to the Sixers. I am now officially pumped! Someone that can shoot - holy ****, batman.

Who's a similar player to Drummond, who was drafted in the same range, who busted? Not trying to make a point, just trying to think.

Well Kwame Brown...

I think Andrew Bynum is his best comparison though, particularly from an age and physical perspective. Bynum was so young when he came into the league. But he flashed dominance even as a rookie. Drummond will need to show signs as a rookie.

Well Kwame Brown...

I think Andrew Bynum is his best comparison though, particularly from an age and physical perspective. Bynum was so young when he came into the league. But he flashed dominance even as a rookie. Drummond will need to show signs as a rookie.

Bynum had the privilege of being tutored personally by Kareem, Drummond won't get anything close to that kind of instruction here.

Edited by StillUnknown

Bynum had the privilege of being tutored personally by Kareem, Drummond won't get anything close to that kind of instruction here.

You've got to get Drummond a one on one big man coach. Otherwise you're not getting the most from your investment. It doesn't have to be a big name like Kareem, just someone who is good.

You've got to get Drummond a one on one big man coach. Otherwise you're not getting the most from your investment. It doesn't have to be a big name like Kareem, just someone who is good.

Agreed, if the front office isn't willing to go the extra mile to make sure he has everything possible to make him successful, they might as well pick somebody else.

He's a raw piece of clay, we have to mold him.

http://www.nba.com/wizards/wizards-pre-draft-workout-schedule-tuesday-june-12th

WASHINGTON, DC – The Washington Wizards will conduct pre-draft workouts on Tuesday, June 12th at 11:00 am at Verizon Center.

The following players are currently scheduled to participate in tomorrow’s workout

Jason Clark - G - Georgetown - 6’2, 180 lbs

Matt Gatens - G - Iowa - 6’5, 212 lbs

Bernard James - F - Florida State - 6-10, 240 lbs

Scoop Jardine - G - Syracuse - 6-2, 195 lbs

Darius Miller - G - Kentucky - 6-8, 225 lbs

Miles Plumlee - F - Duke - 6-10, 245 lbs