Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

No.

You're really putting them on the same level as Love? Love is doing things nobody has ever done before. Love is a top 10 player man. Love is undoubtedly a star.

Love is putting up video game volume numbers for **** teams. What's the difference?

Build your team around Kevin Love and it's a lottery outfit. He's proven this.

Love is a star if you water the term down to only mean volume statistical production. He's not one of the ten best players in the league, his defense is so bad he'll never be in that strata. A true star's team never finishes with the worst record in the league.

Love is no more a star right now than John Wall is.

You can probably win with Kevin Love by covering up his flaws with complimentary pieces. Or by bringing in a legit star to takeover his team. Maybe Minny already has that in place in Ricky Rubio or Derrick Williams, we'll see.

Anyway, I answered your question. What's your definition of a star?

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 09:47 AM ----------

Thomas Robinson

Hollis Thompson/Doron Lamb/Scott Machado in the 2nd (obviously 2 of the 3).

Sounds good to me. That would make me happy and is pretty much identical to my wishlist. Doron Lamb would be a really good find that late and he'd fit a need well enough he'd probably make the roster and crack our rotation early.

What about FA? (realistically)

TRob/Drummond at #3.

Hollis Thompson etc in the 2nd round. Trust me on Hollis Thompson. I have a gut feeling about him.

Your list is about the same as mine too.

I've never really watched Hollis Thompson so I'll take your word for it. Everyone seems to be real positive on him. I like the idea of potentially adding two local guys. It'd be awesome to get both him and Doron Lamb with our two second rounders.

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 09:53 AM ----------

Or if you look at the term star through a marketing perspective, then Kevin Love is definitely a star.

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 10:02 AM ----------

Would anyone aside from Samuels prefer us to trade down from three? I'm not sure about it myself.

What's everyone's wishlist for the draft?

I want us to draft T Rob.

1. Beal

2. TRob

3.Drummond

4.MKG

bpa in the 2nd round.

People seem to want more picks and to me that's the opposite of what this young team needs. Find a damn good prospect and find him a seat on the bench. Doc Rivers recently clowned us in an interview for simply playing young players, when thdid sent earned it, and he's dead right. No more entitled bull**** on this team would be a step in the right direction. We watched McGee learn in the court and when he finally started to look less horrible shipped him out. We got force fed Blatche. We got to see the Jan and Chris comedy of horror as the two tried to figure out how not to fail. Crawford was running around jacking up shots that would make Kobe feel shame.

This recent history has me favoring simply drafting bpa at thearned make him (and everyone else) earn every minute. We don't need more youth turning this team into a on the job training seminar.

This has been a concern of mine as well. You can only develop a certain number of "young" players at a time. I don't want a roster of 9 or players on a rookie deals as Ted has suggested is possible.

Edited by StillUnknown

The more I watch Barnes the more I love him. Reminds me of a Glen Rice/ Steve Smith cross. The kid can defend and when solely watching him he is impressive. Some team is gonna get a good Nba scorer and defender. He is actually damn good creating space off the dribble for his jumper very surprising lots of Nba type Iso's he scores on. He does' nt get to the rim off the dribble but you can tell its because he loves his jumper and settles alot.He gets to the FT line at a good clip another great sign. I think with all the hype in high school he is getting nitpicked. He is the perfect fit on this team with a guy like Wall. He will only improve at 19 and just learning to play wing after being a big the sky is the limit.

Barnes is my #1 option for this team think he is cant miss.

John Jenkins/ Doron Lamb at 32

Machado at 45

I do backflips and like this team without any free agent moves. You add Batum its a playoff team.

Edited by Samuels

Barnes is so damn stiff.

This team needs a great talent, not another piece. We are garbage, lol.

Barnes and his stiff hips is another Calbert Cheany.

I dont see Calbert at all and i loved Calbert when he was young.

Barnes will be better then Beal,Trob and Mkg.

Edited by Samuels

Because Durant was never on a team with the 3rd worst record in the NBA. Dwyane Wade was never on the worst team in the league. Paul Pierce was never on the 2nd worst team in the league. Ray Allen on a team that won the lottery. Joe Johnson on the 3rd worst. Tracy McGrady on THE worst. Stephon Marbury, 5th worst. Sprewell, 4th worst. Calbet Cheany, 2nd worst. Grant Hill, 5th worst. Patrick Ewing, 2nd worst. Patrick Ewing, THE worst. Dominique Wilkins, 5th worst. Bernard King, 3rd worst. Ralph Sampson, 4th worst. So on and so forth.

Does anyone else agree with Steve, that Kevin Love is NOT a star?

The more I watch Barnes the more I love him.

I do backflips and like this team without any free agent moves. You add Batum its a playoff team.

Wouldn't that leave us with Batum, Barnes, Singleton, and Vesely all at the small forward position? If you get Barnes trying to sign Batum would be questionable.

Because Durant was never on a team with the 3rd worst record in the NBA. Dwyane Wade was never on the worst team in the league. Paul Pierce was never on the 2nd worst team in the league. Ray Allen on a team that won the lottery. Joe Johnson on the 3rd worst. Tracy McGrady on THE worst. Stephon Marbury, 5th worst. Sprewell, 4th worst. Calbet Cheany, 2nd worst. Grant Hill, 5th worst. Patrick Ewing, 2nd worst. Patrick Ewing, THE worst. Dominique Wilkins, 5th worst. Bernard King, 3rd worst. Ralph Sampson, 4th worst. So on and so forth.

In my eyes Love is a monster double double machine. I' d take him over just about every Pf in the league.

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

Wouldn't that leave us with Batum, Barnes, Singleton, and Vesely all at the small forward position? If you get Barnes trying to sign Batum would be questionable.

Batum plays 2 guard alot with Wesley Matthews at the 3.

I honestly think Barnes can guard 2 guards very underrated defender

TRob/Drummond at #3.

Hollis Thompson etc in the 2nd round. Trust me on Hollis Thompson. I have a gut feeling about him.

That's my wishlist as well. I would be happy with that scenario. Then we will probably pick someone with our other second round pick that I will get excited about, only to get deflated when I hear that we trade/sold them. Memories of Bill Walker...

Just ran across a new Barnes video scouting report on draft express. I cant copy it from my phone can someone else link it.

That is a good breakdown of what I saw. Even in the negatives those are typical Nba jumpers. He needs to work on creating for others but so do others at 19 this kid will be very good.

There is 0 Calbert Cheaney in his game. Look at all the Nba Iso's in that video step back, pump fakes etc.

Again what's your definition of star? You're avoiding the question.

Also, the obvious difference between Love and most of those other guys is that they've actually been the central player on winning teams before. Love hasn't, yet we've been hearing about how he's one of the best players in the league for three years now--one of which his team was the worst in the league. Why do you consider Kevin Love a star?

I want to reiterate this distracting debate sprung from you cherry picking Kevin Love from a list of similar players to Jared Sullinger, Love among them. My point in that post was that bigs like Sully do indeed find success, admittedly limited, in the NBA. Do you disagree?

I don't know if you consider him a "star" or not, but Wall has been on several bottom 2 teams.

He's not. He's not even one of the five best players at his position in the league right now. Kevin Love is probably at least that. Certainly as long as you don't think defense matters.

Neither have proven they can be the central piece of a winner.

The difference between Wall and Love though is I think Wall will probably one day be a legit star. He's got limitless potential on both ends of the floor. Love is pretty close to as good as he's going to get and he'll always be a bad defender. Tougher to build a winner around him because you have to surround him with defenders since he's an incomplete player.

Love is a star to say he isn't is absurd. He is a top 3 PF in the league

If defense doesn't count, then sure.

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 12:10 PM ----------

Love is an All-STAR. Twice before he turned 24!

Doesn't make him a star. Joe Johnson has been to how many All Star games? Is he a star?

If defense doesn't count, then sure.

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 12:10 PM ----------

Doesn't make him a star. Joe Johnson has been to how many All Star games? Is he a star?

Took him 6 years, took Love 3, but I figured that response was coming. No other player in the league can rebound and score like him. Give me a full year of Rubio healthy and some better pieces around him, he'll have a winning team. I assume you feel there is only about 5 or so stars in the league?