Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

WWRD? (What Would Red Do?)

He would trade Harden for the #2 pick so fast, you would be dizzy.

Can you imagine that team having two years to develop Drummond and then unleashing him right when Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka hit their true primes?

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 04:18 PM ----------

Harden can't make a team relevant on his own. He would also likely have to sign an extension for Cha to really consider it. I thought Cho was going to build through the draft like OKC? That sort of trade reeks of incompetence.

Charlotte is screwed. There is no player in this draft that makes them relevent. They have no player on their team who is a conceivable starter on a playoff team. Next year's draft doesn't have a prize like Anthony in it.

This is desperation.

What good does Drummond do them right now? What good does he do them in three years? By the time he is good, he will be begging to leave.

Do you think the Blazers are actually looking to trade up?

I mean if the Wiz were to trade 3 for 6 and 11 (I am sure this has been brought up a lot in here I just wasn't around for it), this draft is deep enough to get really good doing that.

I mean you can probably get Barnes at 6 and Lamb/Rivers/Ross at 11, which in all honesty would be awesome

Probably be 3 and our 1st 2nd for 6 and 11? maybe we add a future 2nd depending on how bad they want to move up I dunno

Wall

Rivers

Barnes

Booker

Nene/Seraphin

Would be badass to watch, ultra talented, and Nene would have to be like the teams Godfather and keep everyone in check

Edited by Skins199021

I still like Beal the best, because he can shoot, rebound, pass, and dribble very well for his position

His dribbling isn't great, but all of that other stuff is for the most part. I still like him too.

Basically, he's a pretty complete player. I like that he's a worker and an overachiever too. That Florida team wasn't that good this year, but they went pretty far and he was the biggest individual reason.

There aren't many ways we could go at three that would make me unhappy. The top six or seven this year is really good.

What if we were somehow able to deal for the 2nd pick? Holy crap just imagine that. We could get T-Rob and Beal.

Even the 5th pick might get that done if CLE really does like Barnes and the Bobcats like Drummond or MKG. Trade next year's 1st and a 2nd plus Booker? I'd do that in a heartbeat but it is a pipedream.

Wall/Mack

Beal/Craw/Martin

Singelton/Crowder or another SF in the 2nd

TRob/Vesely/Singelton

Nene/Seraphin

Add maybe a SF or vet backup PG in FA and that is my dream for the future.

Even the 5th pick might get that done if CLE really does like Barnes and the Bobcats like Drummond or MKG. Trade next year's 1st and a 2nd plus Booker? I'd do that in a heartbeat but it is a pipedream.

Wall/Mack

Beal/Craw/Martin

Singelton/Crowder or another SF in the 2nd

TRob/Vesely/Singelton

Nene/Seraphin

Add maybe a SF or vet backup PG in FA and that is my dream for the future.

You bet order a lot of Wiis for that team.

His dribbling isn't great, but all of that other stuff is for the most part. I still like him too.

Basically, he's a pretty complete player. I like that he's a worker and an overachiever too. That Florida team wasn't that good this year, but they went pretty far and he was the biggest individual reason.

There aren't many ways we could go at three that would make me unhappy. The top six or seven this year is really good.

I think his rebounding won't be that great either 6+. Those rebounding numbers are alittle high because he played Sf this year with shot jackers. He did'nt even rebound that well in high school I think he averaged right at 5 reb. Somebody like Barnes played with a very good frontcourt in Zeller and Henson who ate up alot of rebounds.

The Wizards need to bring in guys like Barnes,MKG, Beal etc together to workout. Beal and Barnes workout for Cleveland saturday.

Do you guys think we should add a high price FA or weapon in FA this offseason? I really think John Wall can do some great things with Nene. I think Nene is a 20-10 baller, but if we had another legitimate weapon we could really compete in the playoffs.

the real question, is Booker and Seraphin going to be consistent or not next season? If knew the answer Id bet my life savings

I know he's out of our range, as in he will likely be picked between 15-20, but I really wish we could draft Doron Lamb. I was watching some of the combine this morning and shot tremendously, we all knew he could shoot. Also interviewed him and he seems like a focused dude.

Do you guys think we should add a high price FA or weapon in FA this offseason? I really think John Wall can do some great things with Nene. I think Nene is a 20-10 baller, but if we had another legitimate weapon we could really compete in the playoffs.

the real question, is Booker and Seraphin going to be consistent or not next season? If knew the answer Id bet my life savings

Nene has never come close to being a 20-10 guy, his career high averages for a season are just 14.6pts & 7.8rbs

Edited by StillUnknown

They have similar skill-sets (at the same age) only difference is that Robinson has the potential to be a MUCH better rebounder.

I can see where you're coming from but I think Amare's upside was higher coming in and he had better scoring instincts. Amar'e is bigger than TRob, probably by about three inches and 20 pounds. Drummond is closer to Amar'e's build.

I think Amar'e's high point is probably higher than TRob's ever will be. Offensively anyway.

Amar'e's looks terribly typed out.

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

We couldn't add a high priced FA even if we wanted to. Our lot is to improve internally, and through draft and trades and low key FA acquisitions.

I can see where you're coming from but I think Amare's upside was higher coming in and he had better scoring instincts. Amar'e is bigger than TRob, probably by about three inches and 20 pounds. Drummond is closer to Amar'e's build.

I think Amar'e's high point is probably higher than TRob's ever will be. Offensively anyway.

Amar'e's looks terribly typed out.

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

We couldn't add a high priced FA even if we wanted to. Our lot is to improve internally, and through draft and trades and low key FA acquisitions.

Fair enough....who do you think T-Rob compares to?

As far as the FA acquisitions, I really think that we're going to go after Gerald Green as a SG (assuming we don't draft Beal).

If Vesely and Seraphin keep improving, Booker stays mostly healthy, and Singleton shows any kind of development in a 3 & D player at all, we'll be significantly better next season. If something truly surprising like Crawford or Wall breaking out big in their third seasons, then we'll actually have a shot at a low seed, kind of like Philly in 2010-2011.

This top seven is so good that I can't help but feel like we could really strengthen ourselves long term by picking up another top seven draft pick. We could make up for a lackluster 2011 draft by doing that IMO.

It'd be nice to get TRob at three then come back and get Barnes or Beal. I actually think it might be possible.

Teams get stupid in the draft and do things like trade a fifth overall pick for Mike Miller and Randy Foye. We've got a load of trade assets.

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

Fair enough....who do you think T-Rob compares to?

As far as the FA acquisitions, I really think that we're going to go after Gerald Green as a SG (assuming we don't draft Beal).

I can't comment about Gerald Green. Literally, the only thing I know about him was watching him in a dunk contest one year. I think it was the year Dwight put the sticker on the backboard.

TRob is a tough comparison IMO. The thing I keep coming back to is a Blake Griffin with less scoring tools/instincts and more guard skills/perimeter orientation.

Physically, TRob is practically the spitting image of Blake. Jacked but lean for how strong they are. Almost identical height and reach. Explosive leaping ability for their size and great speed.

Huge motors on both of them, and they were great collegiate rebounders.

I watch TRob and it seems to me he played guard at some point before he got so big. I never get that feeling from Blake, he came out the womb a power forward. I doubt TRob is ever the raw offensive force in the paint Blake is and he probably won't be quite as phenomenal a rebounder as Blake (but he'll be close). But TRob's hand eye coordination, ball handling, willingness to face up and shoot, they're probably more advanced than Blake's skills. More so than when Blake was a prospect anyway.

DX makes an Al Horford comparison but that doesn't really satisfy me. TRob seems like a significantly better athlete than Horford. Seems grittier too.

Wonder if the Kings or Blazers would be willing to deal at five or six...

Sacramento is most likely looking at a choice between wings at five. They're already a bit loaded with young, ball dominant back court scorers.

It'd be nice to move to the five spot where we could take TRob at three and we'd pretty much be assured the option of taking either Barnes, Beal, or MKG. At six, we would still be assured one of the wings unless the miraculous happens and Drummond makes it that far. In that case, you just take him and consider yourself fortunate.

I'd put anyone but Wall and the third pick on the table to make that happen. Booker would make sense to start. Crawford could make sense too if the pick was probably going to be Beal, but losing his ability to create would sting a bit. Shard's deal could add ammo. Future picks could come into consideration. I'd put Nene on the table, and while I'd hestitate to include Vesely or Seraphin, I'd do it. Don't think Singleton has much trade value at this point, but he'd be an option if some team was interested. And of course, I'd jump at an opportunity to unload Blatche.

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 09:15 PM ----------

I would feel so much better if we just drafted leonard last year like me and most of this board wanted to, so sick of Euros.

Then you could go beal or T-Rob and be much closer to completing the team

I don't think Kawhi Leonard changes our team all that much. He can't really shoot either, he's another rebounder and a defender. Now Klay Thompson certainly would have. We wouldn't feel the need to go out and take a shooter with lesser ability than another prospect just to fill in the gaps if we had him.

But I still think Vesely can be an important player for this team. I think he's getting dogged by the fan base right now the same way Seraphin was last year.

I really hope OKC of all teams is not the one to trade up to #2. If Charlotte sells off Drummond for James Harden, it's just further proof that contraction is their just desert.

Harden is damn good player on a sorry team he averages 20+ ppg. I'd trade #3 for him in a heartbeat and this team would make the playoffs and have a bright future.

This draft is' nt one for superstars at best your looking best case of drafting a borderline all star like a Harden,Gay, Granger etc.

Harden is damn good player on a sorry team he averages 20+ ppg. I'd trade #3 for him in a heartbeat and this team would make the playoffs and have a bright future.

This draft is' nt one for superstars at best your looking best case of drafting a borderline all star like a Harden,Gay, Granger etc.

I'd trade the #3 pick for Harden (if he signs an extension) instantly. Easy decision.